2010 Census and FSM

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: 2010 Census and FSM

Postby PKMKII on Sun May 03, 2009 11:01 pm

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:
fueledbycoffee wrote:I'd be tempted to put down "Satanist" if I could, just for funsies. I'd say out of the two, Atheist. Put down Pastafarian, odds are the next day the DEA'll come a'knockin'.

Wouldn't be any big deal here, nothing to find. I'll be amazed if they census me anyhow. Nothing as interesting as that ever happens up here. The big excitement in town this week is watching Todd put in his new fence.

Ooooh! Ooooh! Is it a white picket? chain link? did he spring for some bushes to line it? does he have a blog for his fence?
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun May 03, 2009 11:24 pm

It's one o' them thar newfangled plastical type vinyl post and rail fences. It shore am straight and clean and white and purty.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby PKMKII on Mon May 04, 2009 12:19 am

Vinyl? VINYL!? You tell Todd he's a crazy man. Crazy, and a genius.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Mon May 04, 2009 10:29 am

I meant to take a pitcher of it on the way by this morning but the coffee hadn't hit my brain yet and I forgot. Maybe tomorrow.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
Privvy Counselor

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue May 05, 2009 2:57 pm

"Heisenberg may have slept here"

Is that "Heisenberg uncertainty"?
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Tue May 05, 2009 3:12 pm

In principle. (See that? See what I did there?)

Here's Todd's new fence. Pretty spiffy, eh?
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue May 05, 2009 3:22 pm

Can tell that a guy lives there, the garage is bigger than the house!
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Tue May 05, 2009 3:35 pm

No, that's Ray's barn. Ray and Collette run a day-care in there. Todd's is the little garage. Right straight across the street from my house. There's more fence to put up this weekend across his side yard on the other side of his house.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue May 05, 2009 3:44 pm

Ah. Are you calling me fat?
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Tue May 05, 2009 3:52 pm

No, I call you "Scott". "Fat" is reserved for the herd of Wal-Mart shoppers we encounter on supply runs.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue May 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Just a little joke that the gf and i use when we're in public. We'll be in the grocery store and she'll say "Do you want to get some tortillia chips?" and i'll yell "Are you calling me fat??!! What is your deal?!?!"

:smile:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby dclamage on Wed May 06, 2009 4:59 pm

They'll think "Pastafarian" is some subcult of Rastafarian and a Democrat will show up trying to win your vote by offering to win you some special right in return.

An Atheist is the guy who shouts, "God, save me!" when he realizes he's about to drown or just fell off a tall cliff or forgot to pack his parachute shortly after jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.
-- Dan Clamage
dclamage
Conchigliette Convert

Postby PKMKII on Wed May 06, 2009 8:51 pm

dclamage wrote:An Atheist is the guy who shouts, "God, save me!" when he realizes he's about to drown or just fell off a tall cliff or forgot to pack his parachute shortly after jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

PKMKII

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Wed May 06, 2009 9:14 pm

dclamage wrote:They'll think "Pastafarian" is some subcult of Rastafarian and a politician will show up trying to win your vote by offering to win you some special right in return.

Fixed.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby daftbeaker on Thu May 07, 2009 6:27 am

dclamage wrote:An Atheist is the guy who shouts, "God, save me!" when he realizes he's about to drown or just fell off a tall cliff or forgot to pack his parachute shortly after jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

:stupid:
I think I can confidently say that if I'm about to drown the only thing I'm going to be saying is a variant of "Glub glub" and if I'm falling out of a plane I'm going to be screaming "F******CCCCCCKKKKK!" all the way down, thanks very much.

By that logic, a religious person is someone who attributes all the good stuff in their life to god(s). And attributes all the bad stuff in their life to... god(s)? [/sarcasm]
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM