The Hipocracy!

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: The Hipocracy!

Postby PKMKII on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:29 pm

BarackZero wrote:Please quote for me one very prominent Christian, like Billy Graham, or James Dobson, who has said something as hateful and malicious as Richard Dawkins: "Anyone who doesn't believe in evolution is either ignorant, stupid, insane or wicked." Name that person and quote them, with a reference.

James Dobson, from The Daily Oklahoman, Oct. 23rd, 2004 wrote:"Homosexuals are not monogamous. They want to destroy the institution of marriage. It will destroy marriage. It will destroy the Earth."

That sounds pretty hateful and malicious to me.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby farfalla on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:50 pm

PKMKII wrote:

James Dobson, from The Daily Oklahoman, Oct. 23rd, 2004 wrote:"Homosexuals are not monogamous. They want to destroy the institution of marriage. It will destroy marriage. It will destroy the Earth."

hello, PKMKII - Mr. Dobson fails to notice that heterosexuals can do a perfectly fine job messing things up with or without the help of any other labeled group.

do you believe there are still more optimists out there every day deciding to enter that particular institution?

very good friend of mine just got engaged and his fiance is a gender studies major who normally has plenty of criticism about such things. She said, "I was raised in this society, so that has influenced me. I actually want to do this ... but we are engaged, not getting married for a long, long while."

:haha:
~~~~~~/\~~~~~~

The heart has its reason, of which reason knows nothing. -Pascal - thanks, Z

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."
Cpt Jack Sparrow

"I'm used to going out at 3 in the morning and doing something stupid."
Alan Moore

Silk 'n mind
farfalla
Feline Fatale

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Methinks I smell the return of RM.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby PantyGnawer on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:23 pm

BarackZero wrote:Please quote for me one very prominent Christian, like Billy Graham, or James Dobson, who has said something as hateful and malicious as Richard Dawkins

I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be
considered patriots. This is one nation under God.
- George H. W. Bush

I do further promise and declare, that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless
war, secretly or openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Liberals, as I am directed to do and to
extirpate and exterminate them from the face of the whole earth, and that I will spare neither sex,
age nor condition and that I will hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive these infamous
heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women and crush their infants' heads against
the wall, in order to annihilate forever their execrable race.
- Pope Paul III, 1576

Anything else you'd like?
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:28 am

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:Methinks I smell the return of RM.

Just remember - as soon as he insults your dalek helmet it's open season.
(Not that I hold a grudge or anything...)
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:45 am

PantyGnawer wrote:
I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be
considered patriots. This is one nation under God.
- George H. W. Bush

That "one nation under God" idea has often confused me. I wonder, does that mean that when an American looks up s/he sees the sole of God's foot if he's standing, or his bum if he's sitting? :?
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Spector567 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:31 am

Barackzero
Your the last person that should speak about hate. I have read some of your posts on other forums. You are the most vile stupid racist bigot i've run accross yet. Your posts hold suchy Hypocracy within them that even those who agree with you don't want to speak up for fear that there arguments will be poisened by yours.
Spector567
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby rog on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:56 am

BarackZero wrote:
Please quote for me one very prominent Christian, like Billy Graham, or James Dobson, who has said something as hateful and malicious as Richard Dawkins: "Anyone who doesn't believe in evolution is either ignorant, stupid, insane or wicked." Name that person and quote them, with a reference.

Too easy. Google Fred Phelps, or Jerry Falwell. Get your own references. It shouldn't be hard.
rog
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Donny on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:37 pm

:idea: Hey it’s my first reply. I know why Christians are so sour. They are not baptized in water; they are baptized in lemon juicy. This a little known secrete of the Christian faith. Ok so this is my first of 10 replies’ I need for something I can't remember. I just got the gospel and was reading it( dressed in my Pittsburgh Pirates gear) and drinking beer at the local sports bar. Blessed be His noodley appendages. Arrrah!!
It's only material existence, don't take it to seriously.
Donny
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Donny on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:37 pm

:idea: Hey it’s my first reply. I know why Christians are so sour. They are not baptized in water; they are baptized in lemon juicy. This a little known secrete of the Christian faith. Ok so this is my first of 10 replies’ I need for something I can't remember. I just got the gospel and was reading it( dressed in my Pittsburgh Pirates gear) and drinking beer at the local sports bar. Blessed be His noodley appendages. Arrrah!!
Donny
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Scott the Pirate on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:25 pm

Donny wrote:Arrrah!!

That's "Arrrgh" or "Yaarrgghh", but welcome!
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Donny on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Arrrgh, my goodly mate Scott, I thank ye’ for the help. It takes a bit of thought to get things right after a wee to much ale. Blessed be His Noodley appendages! :idea:
Donny
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Moe Sunkist on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:05 am

Well, im not quite sure where i am supposed to go with this. All i can say is that I am a Christian and have been since the October '07. I would love to enlighten you guys about the love of Jesus Christ. As for the issue of hypocrisy i have this to say: Jesus Christ, a man that can be proven exists as much as any other man back in the day, was crucified. And during his life, He spent it believing He was the Son of the heavenly God, and performed miracles in His name. This lead me to three choices.

1.) He is a crazy man who didnt know anything and was probly dropped on His head as a babe.
2.) He is a liar who wanted to become famous fro being the King of the Jews.
3.) He was the Messiah, the Son of God, the Redeemer of Man.

I cannot believe the first to be true, because of the miracles professed by those around Him, and that He would inspire so many to follow in His footsteps to death 2000 years later.
The second could very well be plausible, except for why would this man go through the most humiliating and painful death. Would He really be willing to go that far to be famous? You cant be receive that type of fame and recognition if you are dead. Oh and not once did he claim to be lying upon the cross.
So that leaves door number three. This to me was a big help in understanding my faith when i was struggling. I can see where everyone gets there point across, on how it takes the same amount of faith to believe in a flying blob of noodles, but is it really. Most things i have read on here have been jokes, jokes on God and Jesus, jokes on even your FSM. So much for your faith.

God bless. I love you, and in Jesus's perfect name i pray for you,
your humble servant Moe.
Moe Sunkist
Ziti Zealot

Postby Cardinal Fang on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:51 am

How about:

4) He was a good guy who said a lot of good things about how everyone should all get on and love each other, then his followers spent the next 2000 years ignoring what he said in favour of persecuting unbelivers/ people who believe something almost the same as me but not quite.

I am want to go with Gandhi on this one: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ"

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby MaltaPastafarian on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:31 am

Moe Sunkist wrote:Jesus Christ, a man that can be proven exists as much as any other man back in the day, was crucified. And during his life, He spent it believing He was the Son of the heavenly God, and performed miracles in His name. This lead me to three choices.

1.) He is a crazy man who didnt know anything and was probly dropped on His head as a babe.
2.) He is a liar who wanted to become famous fro being the King of the Jews.
3.) He was the Messiah, the Son of God, the Redeemer of Man.

You forgot two other possibilities:

4. He did exist, but much of his supposed "biography" was added after his death. In fact, most of what is claimed about him (being born on December 25, being born of a virgin, being killed and resurrecting, etc, etc) was already said of mythological Gods preceding him by centuries.

5. He did not exist at all. In fact, there is absolutely no evidence of his existance outside of the Bible.

Of course, you are entitled to take the Bible as evidence of the Divinity of Jesus, but then you cannot find fault in others believing in the Divinity of their God/s just because their Gospels say so.
MaltaPastafarian
Ziti Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM