Church views on marriage among non-twirlers?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Church views on marriage among non-twirlers?

Postby Grumbleputty on Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Many of us who twirl our spaghetti (in a righteous manner) have been alarmed by the growing strength of the "cutter agenda". Those who would slice their spaghetti into pieces have even gone so far as to assert their right to marry one another.

Clearly, if we allow spaghetti cutters, slicers, dicers and/or choppers the same rights as twirlers, the very institution of marriage may be irreparably weakened! Personally, I quite like my wife, and would hate to see my marriage destroyed by a bunch of knife-wielding pasta puree-ers!

Does the church have an official stance on allowing non-twirlers to marry? Should we be working towards an amendment to the constitution to bar the practice? Or can a compromise be reached, where cutters are allowed to enter into some sort of "civil unions", without actually gaining the full benefits of marriage?

I pray for the blessing of starchy enlightenment.
Grumbleputty
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Church views on marriage among non-twirlers?

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:07 pm

3rd I'd Really Rather You Didn't:
3. I’d really rather you didn’t judge people for the way they look, or how they dress, or the way they talk, or, well, just play nice, Okay?

I think this applies to twirlers and non-twirlers as well. I read this IRRYD as saying this: no descrimination - at all - ever.

Besides, as Pastafarians don't believe in transubstantiation, a plate of spaghetti is just that - a plate of spaghetti. Therefore it doesn't matter how you eat it, just that you enjoy it.

CF
(of the third type of pasta eater - slurper!)
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Grumbleputty on Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:31 pm

Thank you, Cardinal fang, for the gift of enlightenment!
Grumbleputty
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Robbobrob on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:48 pm

Plus, if you can twirl a shell, or an elbow, or a bowtie, then you might be onto something....pasta comes in all shapes, colors and sizes, as do people. To look down upon any one type is to lose the diversity that makes eating with (diverse) friends so much fun.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby PirateFishWorshipper on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:02 am

You might be onto something. Maybe not. :nefyoobash:
There are a lot of judgemental people in the world, and personally I think that those people are absolute scumballs.
PirateFishWorshipper
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Return to All Things FSM