Brevity comic sighting

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Brevity comic sighting

Postby Argon on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:25 am

http://comics.com/brevity/2009-02-05/

Comic panel, pretty mainstream (published in >130 newspapers). I'm not sure about the message though.

Is it symbolising the brutal struggle of the bourgeois trying to sustain its class status through subjugation? The use of religious discrimination, to maintain an artificial distinction between a forsaken generation and their stuck-up oppressors? A subversive hint at the daily tension caused by growing inequality in the world? The resistance building up against disrespect and exploitation of the masses? That one should not allow the social-economic parasitism which we call authority to fester, lest we end up with totalitarian control and enforced segregation of the non-conforming?

I think, on the inside, this "Gentleman" is crying because he wants to go through the other door.
But he can't without losing his social status. It's too late. He chose to irretrievably abandon his freedom, symbolised by the youth whose FSM-enlightenment he so despises yet yearns for.

Deep, isn't it?
Argon
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Brevity comic sighting

Postby Robbobrob on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 am

We are the new METALLICA!!! w00t w00t!!

:fsm_rock:

Gentlemen don't rock the boat and turn society on its head.
Gentlemen don't change long standing traditions when they have been proven false/harmful to a well educated populace.

Gentlemen don't get invited to do things that get written about in Penthouse Forum....

Rather be a free low-life, then a well heeled, and enslaved Gentleman.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Re: Brevity comic sighting

Postby Scott the Pirate on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:47 pm

I would accept the title of "low-life" gladly if it means retaining the ability to think rationally rather than be bound by the chains of mythology and dogma.
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Return to All Things FSM