A Sign from FSM

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: A Sign from FSM

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:10 pm

PKMKII wrote:As far as hot sauce is concerned,
that is some serious hot sauce. It's beyond a mere condiment and into full-blown ingredient territory, an ingredient that if you don't respect it it will kick your ass. If I add more than 2 drops of it to a pot (not a bowl, a pot) of chili, it's too spicy for my girlfriend.

Me want dis. Where me get dis?
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby PKMKII on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:30 pm

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:Me want dis. Where me get dis?

Here
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:22 pm

PKMKII wrote:

Here

AWESOME.

Thanks.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
Privvy Counselor

Postby fueledbycoffee on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:56 pm

PKMKII wrote:

Here

That dude has the single best About page ever. Most About pages, I'm like, meh. The good ones, I might say "Huh, that's pretty cool." That one, I was like "WOAH! Give me a case of that shit right the fuck now!" It was good enough that I'm going to use next paycheck's "Whiskey Fund" not on Scotch, but on Death Sauce. My bowel's may never forgive me, but it will be so worth it.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:53 am

fueledbycoffee wrote:I'm going to use next paycheck's "Whiskey Fund" not on Scotch, but on Death Sauce.

I hope you'll be filing a report :twisted:
The budget here on the mother ship is pretty tight, so I'm pretty sure we won't be able to pony up for a four-pack of mix-n-match death sauce for a few months yet, though Mrs. T assures me that things are looking up. Though from the bottom of a barrel, there's really only the one option, I suppose. :?
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby Valanthe on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:50 pm

I put the page in my bookmarks and plan on sending a link to my bf. I know how much he loves hot sauce, especially if it is capable of melting faces.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -Lazarus Long

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby earnhart049 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:53 am

The have a terms of use contract WOW. I agree that if this melts my face...blairs is soley responsible but i can not sue
earnhart049
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:40 pm

I'm still working my way through a bottle of "Da Bomb".

Fun "heat" story though....

A friend of mine was suddenly homeless because her bf had quit his job (read: was fired) and was spending every day at the bar spending their savings. He thought that THAT was a better idea than actually communicating with her, but that's another story. Long story short, i took her in. I put my munchkins together in one room for a while, told her the ground rules (no parties when the kids are around, buy your own food, etc.) and let her move into the back bedroom. She turned out to be quite the freak. She'd try to "trick" us into cooking for her and picking up after her. She also had the habit of coming home, seeing a prepared meal and just helping herself!

So, one week when the rug-rats were with their mother, Kelsey and i made wings.....HOT wings. This sauce was so spicy that I winced a bit when i sampled it, and trust me....i like HOT! So i grilled the wings outside just before she was about to get home from work. I put my death sauce on them and let it suck up all that nice mesquite flavor for about 10 minutes and let the sauce get all nice and condensed and sticky. Kelsey and i each put about 10 on out plates with some bleu cheese dressing and veggies. As soon as she got home she said "Oh! Wings!" and helped herself so we started eating.

She took one bite, made some kind of half-choking/half-yelping sound and spit the bit out! She was clawing at her tongue, wiping her nose and eyes, and demanding to know why we'd done that to her! We pointed out that ours were just as hot and she said "b*llsh*t" so i offered her one of mine and the pain started all over again!

Moral of the story.....When we say hot we mean HOT.

:)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Valanthe on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:08 pm

People don't realize that fans of spicy food develop a tolerance over time. I like some spice, but not face-melting levels. My bf lives for food that should come with a fire extinguisher. If he says it isn't hot, I do not trust that statement. Case in point: He participated in Buffalo Wild Wings' Blazin' Hot Challenge, where you have to scarf down an order of their hottest wings in under 6 minutes. You have to sign a waiver to participate. He said that the only heat the wings really had was due to the fact that they were fresh from the kitchen. I kissed him after he'd finished AND wiped the sauce from his lips, and my lips still burned.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -Lazarus Long

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Clayton_Bigsby on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:44 pm

This is my first post and I am under no pretense that I have superior knowledge of His noodley goodness. However, I wanted to bring an important point concerning the original questioned posed.

Stating that one's oneness with the Noodley Almighty in regards to the consumption of cheese while one partakiths of the spagetti should always be qualified. For example, you wouldn't just state that the FSM blesses all who partakith of the blessed poon. There are certainly examples of when that is just not the case. The same applies for cheese on your noodles. There are an assortment of cheeses that are certainly not acceptable garnishments such as: Bobo Cheese, Fumunda Cheese, Duck Cheese etc... I hope this helps you in your quest.

White Power
Clayton Bigsby
Clayton_Bigsby
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:51 pm

Valanthe wrote:Case in point: He participated in Buffalo Wild Wings' Blazin' Hot Challenge, where you have to scarf down an order of their hottest wings in under 6 minutes. You have to sign a waiver to participate. He said that the only heat the wings really had was due to the fact that they were fresh from the kitchen. I kissed him after he'd finished AND wiped the sauce from his lips, and my lips still burned.

I'm the same way. I look at my friends like they're sissies when they put crushed red pepper (like the pizzeria stuff) on their food and then act like it's scorching hot. When we have friends over for chilli or a ball-game i have to label all of the food and dips "mild", "hot" and "scotts" so that people don't fry their faces.

I see these ads on TV for foods like the "flamethrower burger" and the "angry whopper" and can KNOW that they're not "hot".
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Valanthe on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:35 pm

Scott, I think you and my bf could have long discussions concerning hot & spicy foods. I'm slowly building a tolerance, but I'm nowhere near his level. I used to not be able to handle Popeye's spicy chicken, and now I order it fairly regularly (well, whenever I can get to Popeye's). I have to laugh at KFC's hot spicy wing ad. "It's a spicy wing with no sauce!" Um, you got beaten to the punch, and even I think that those wings ain't spicy. They're not bad, overall, but not spicy.

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:08 pm

I've had them. Tasty yes, hot no. I've gotten some odd looks when i pull out my bomb sauce in a restaurant. Thereused to be a thai place in grand rapids that made HOT food. They'd say "How hot you want?" and i'd say "As hot as you can make it", and they would. The kitchen staff stood at the door to the kitchen and watched the crazy guy sweat! :)
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:04 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:I've had them. Tasty yes, hot no. I've gotten some odd looks when i pull out my bomb sauce in a restaurant. Thereused to be a thai place in grand rapids that made HOT food. They'd say "How hot you want?" and i'd say "As hot as you can make it", and they would. The kitchen staff stood at the door to the kitchen and watched the crazy guy sweat! :)

I did that with a restaraunt up here. They had this thing where they called it a "chef's challenge" when you ordered the hottest version of whatever it was, rang a little bell, peered out of the kitchen, all that jazz. It would have passed for medium-hot at home - hotter than most people will tolerate, but nothing spectacular for us. I ate the whole thing with only one beer to wash it down. I was with a bunch of people from the main office at work, now they all think I'm nuts. The wife and I will probably be heading over to your place the next time you have one of those deals where you have to label the sauces... :D
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby Scott the Pirate on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:25 pm

That's kind of a long drive for some wings, but if you're ever in the neighborhood....

:)
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM