A Sign from FSM

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

A Sign from FSM

Postby Husker on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:18 pm

I only recently realized that FSM has been trying to reach me for many years. You see, on my Birthday, which falls during the Holidays, my standard meal is Spagetti and Cherry Pie.

I'm not sure what the cherry pie means, but the FSM has obviously been making his/her/it's noodly presence known with the spagetti dinner.

p.s. Is it wrong to put cheese on spagetti? I see no references in the "8 I'd Rather You Didn'ts."
Husker
Conchigliette Convert

Re: A Sign from FSM

Postby Elvalia on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:23 pm

All is right with the world when there is cheese on spaghetti.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby Valanthe on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:00 pm

The Noodly Presence approaches each of us in a unique way. And no, there's nothing wrong with cheese on spaghetti.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -Lazarus Long

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:15 pm

IMO it doesn't matter what else is on the spaghetti - unless there is also cheese the meal is incomplete!

Cheese with everything!

Chao the Cheese:............Cheese the Chao:

Image Image
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:21 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:IMO it doesn't matter what else is on the spaghetti - unless there is also cheese the meal is incomplete!

Cheese with everything!

Agree. Cheese = the (curdled) water of life.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby PKMKII on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:42 pm

I would like to quote the 6th of the No Set Number of Suggestions, Not Commandments:

VI. Thou ought not consume "cheese" from a green cardboard can, nor ought thou allow such cans into thy homes.

I would also like to note that Italian-Americans have been living by this suggestion for decades; that, in combination of their extensive usage of pasta, implies the touch of his noodley appendage.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:12 pm

:worship: :worship: :worship:
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
Privvy Counselor

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Elvalia wrote:All is right with the world when there is cheese on spaghetti.

And garlic toast...with cheese. I like to get a loaf of "french" bread and cut it up into decent sized slabs and brush it with a mixture of melted butter, fresh garlic and oregano. Then i'll put provolone or parmesan under a layer of fresh motz (the soft kind, none of that brick garbage) and bake it until the cheese is bubbly and JUST turning brown. Heaven.

:)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Elvalia on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:25 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:

And garlic toast...with cheese. I like to get a loaf of "french" bread and cut it up into decent sized slabs and brush it with a mixture of melted butter, fresh garlic and oregano. Then i'll put provolone or parmesan under a layer of fresh motz (the soft kind, none of that brick garbage) and bake it until the cheese is bubbly and JUST turning brown. Heaven.

I do almost the same thing, except I use margarine, fresh garlic, a little itty bit of lemon juice, and parsley. And I tend to play around with the cheese I use. Whatever comes out of the cheese drawer first (and second. And third...) is usually what I use.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby PKMKII on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:42 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:

You know what's really good, if you can get your hands on it? Buffalo Mozzarella. Much better than the regular cow kind
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:21 pm

PKMKII wrote:You know what's really good, if you can get your hands on it? Buffalo Mozzarella. Much better than the regular cow kind

Who the hell is crazy enough to try to milk a buffalo? :?
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby Drolma on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 am

Valanthe wrote:The Noodly Presence approaches each of us in a unique way.

Drolma
Ziti Zealot

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:07 pm

When i saw "buffalo cheese" my mind immediately lept to "buffalo flavored cheese", which i've tried.
BTW I'm a fire junkie...If you've never heard of it, there's a sauce called "da bomb" that adds a ton of heat and virtually no flavor to food. The gf and i like to make wings that skirt the edge of "edible". We sit and eat and sweat and laugh. I eat 'em so hot that i get an endorphin rush! :D
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Valanthe on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:48 pm

Sounds a lot like my bf, Scott. I found a hot sauce called Insanity, which he loves. He took Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin' Hot challenge and said that the only heat they had was due to the fact that they were fresh from the kitchen.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -Lazarus Long

ImageImage
Here there be dragons
Valanthe
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:39 pm

I occasionally make a black bean chili with five different kinds of hot peppers - jalapeno, cayenne, serrano, chipotle, and chili. When we eat it, Mrs. T and I both put jalapeno slices and chipotle hot sauce on it. I'm right there with you on that endorphine rush, Scott. I don't know anyone besides the two of us, and possibly my old friend Joe from Connecticut, who would eat it of their own free will. You guys should definitely try the Burritos of Doom.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Next

Return to All Things FSM