Irony

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Irony

Postby rampantidiocy on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:04 am

I am new here. I was just reading the hate-mail and it is most excellent. I am amazed that these people actually lack the capacity to comprehend irony. They cry that this must be some perverse joke and how one must be a fool to believe it, yet they are in such fervent denial that they cannot see it is their own belief being mocked.

:fsm:
rampantidiocy
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Irony

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:31 am

Welcome! :D

Actually, it is not people's beliefs that are being mocked, just the idea that a particular religious myth (Intelligent Design) should be given an equal amount of respect and teaching time in science classrooms to evidence-based theories of how we got to exist. That is the true irony; that the people accusing us of all sorts of things haven't even bothered to find out what we are truly about.

There are people here of all faiths and none. We do not, as far as I have been able to see, mock anyone for their beliefs. We do happily mock ideas that aren't backed (or are even contradicted) by evidence as that is good science! 8)
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby rampantidiocy on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:24 am

What I mean is that they are mocking their own beliefs in their hate-mail because the structure of the two systems is identical and they refuse to make the connection.
rampantidiocy
Conchigliette Convert

Postby ChowMein on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:46 pm

Matey , thee irony i seas be thet anywun who utters such vehemint hatred be nay a Cristrian .

I also feel that sech hateful peeple wood nay be seen by me as a memmer ove any spirit tool organisashun .

Oi figure only Saytinists wood behave loike thet , an' thyet be an insult to saytinists .

ironic indeed .
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Return to All Things FSM