Ninja

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Ninja

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:47 pm

vikinglordSF wrote:my stance is not sober enough to care most of the time and when i am its wow i wish i werent sober right now so i didnt have to think about stupid ninjas who dont know how to have a good time because they are too busy sitting in there god damn Dojos. Besides im a viking ive never seen a ninja for if one were to come within 100 yards of me he would explode from my awesome!

I don't know; that zombie ninja certainly knows how to have a good time!

Since when does having a good time require being drunk? When you grow up you'll find the best times are to be had sober - and you get to remember them, in all their glory! Yay! :D
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Since when does having a good time require being drunk? When you grow up you'll find the best times are to be had sober - and you get to remember them, in all their glory! Yay! :D

There comes a time when you realize that being f*cked up all the time is not all that fun. Don't get me wrong...i probably drink too much, but i limit it to late at night so the kids don't get the idea that drinking all the time is okay. I had a friend in h.s. who is now such an alcoholic that he had to put whiskey in his morning coffee or he'll shake.

Worst story you've ever heard:
That same guy doesnt remember the birth of his second child. He was wasted at the bar when his wife went into labor and called him to let him know. He "celebrated" by getting so drunk that he passed out on the floor of the bar in question and one of his friends took him home and dumped him on the couch. He woke up at noon to meet his daughter....
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:25 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:
Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Since when does having a good time require being drunk? When you grow up you'll find the best times are to be had sober - and you get to remember them, in all their glory! Yay! :D

There comes a time when you realize that being f*cked up all the time is not all that fun. Don't get me wrong...i probably drink too much, but i limit it to late at night so the kids don't get the idea that drinking all the time is okay. I had a friend in h.s. who is now such an alcoholic that he had to put whiskey in his morning coffee or he'll shake.

That same guy doesnt remember the birth of his second child. He was wasted at the bar when his wife went into labor and called him to let him know. He "celebrated" by getting so drunk that he passed out on the floor of the bar in question and one of his friends took him home and dumped him on the couch. He woke up at noon to meet his daughter....

My youngest grandson has a wonderful daddy. He is the best person I have ever met and he makes my daughter the happiest woman in the world (bar me! :D ).

Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone really special to be a daddy.

His father (as in - the guy who provided the sperm) was informed that his child was on the way - like your mate, he celebrated in the bar and didn't turn up until the following afternoon. (I wonder, are they related?!) I was the one who stayed with my daughter throughout her long labour. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Not surprisingly, the 'father', having refused to be put on the birth certificate, dropped out of his son's life mere weeks later after an unsuccessful kidnap attempt by his mother to remove her grandson from our care. (And later went on to father two more kids by two other women whom he also abandoned, thank FSM). The point being, he spent his entire life drunk at every opportunity, missing out on everything that makes living worthwhile.

My grandson has had his current daddy since he was three months old. He is a lucky lad! His dad knows how to have a good time sober!

Only immature idiots and people self-medicating undiagnosed mental differences/disorders think that being drunk all the time is a good idea. Which, I wonder, is vikinglordSF? If the latter, I have every sympathy - but there are better medications out there that don't leave you constantly brain-damaged and a diagnosis leads to a better self-understanding and self-respect.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby vikinglordSF on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:44 am

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:
Scott the Pirate wrote:

My youngest grandson has a wonderful daddy. He is the best person I have ever met and he makes my daughter the happiest woman in the world (bar me! :D ).

Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone really special to be a daddy.

His father (as in - the guy who provided the sperm) was informed that his child was on the way - like your mate, he celebrated in the bar and didn't turn up until the following afternoon. (I wonder, are they related?!) I was the one who stayed with my daughter throughout her long labour. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Not surprisingly, the 'father', having refused to be put on the birth certificate, dropped out of his son's life mere weeks later after an unsuccessful kidnap attempt by his mother to remove her grandson from our care. (And later went on to father two more kids by two other women whom he also abandoned, thank FSM). The point being, he spent his entire life drunk at every opportunity, missing out on everything that makes living worthwhile.

My grandson has had his current daddy since he was three months old. He is a lucky lad! His dad knows how to have a good time sober!

Only immature idiots and people self-medicating undiagnosed mental differences/disorders think that being drunk all the time is a good idea. Which, I wonder, is vikinglordSF? If the latter, I have every sympathy - but there are better medications out there that don't leave you constantly brain-damaged and a diagnosis leads to a better self-understanding and self-respect.

WOW way to take what i said completely the wrong way and blow it out of proportion. This is a thread about ninjas i was just saying i hate ninjas because they are boring. I dont drink very much at all i was simply making the point that ninjas never have a good time because they take things way too seriously. I more than understand that alcohol can destroy peoples lives. My father and mother are both very bad alcoholics which i grew up around and now refuse to talk to them for several reasons that being one of them.
"knowledge speaks but wisdom listens"-Hendrix
vikinglordSF
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Scott the Pirate on Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Simmah-dow'-na'...(sorry, old Saturday Night Live thing). None of what i said was a refence to you at all. I just found an opportunity to tell a cautionary tale. Relax! :)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:59 am

Scott the Pirate wrote:Simmah-dow'-na'...(sorry, old Saturday Night Live thing). None of what i said was a refence to you at all. I just found an opportunity to tell a cautionary tale. Relax! :)

Ditto. You'll find that us old 'uns cannot pass an opportunity to tell a tale!
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Scott the Pirate on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:30 pm

My b-day is the 7th of next month.....35 isnt REALLY old, but you're right.
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Sir Jughead on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Elvalia wrote: So, since I'm almost eighteen, I should definitely pack up and ship myself to Ireland, and drink my first legal pint in a pub, which is the rite that allows me to declare that "now I'm a man."

See? It's all very sensical.

Why don't you just hop on over to Quebec?? It's probably a cheaper than going over to the emerald isle.
But not as pretty; And wthout such good beer; And with incomprehensable accents rather than sexy ones.
Hmmmpf, I see your point . . .

(But for the record, j'adore les Quebecois :) )
Sir, I admit your general rule,
That every poet is a fool;
But you yourself may serve to show it,
That not every fool is a poet.

- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Sir Jughead
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Elvalia on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:31 pm

It would be cheaper, plus I've already some friends over there. Unfortunately, neither Quebec nor Ireland are really travel options for me right now. But, I'm absolutely fine with Irish and French accents. And Australian. And British. I just love accents, to be honest! :)
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:39 pm

Elvalia wrote:It would be cheaper, plus I've already some friends over there. Unfortunately, neither Quebec nor Ireland are really travel options for me right now. But, I'm absolutely fine with Irish and French accents. And Australian. And British. I just love accents, to be honest! :)

Do you mean all accents, including your own; all accents except your own; all accents except Anglophone Canadian accents, or just all unfamiliar accents?

:wink:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Elvalia on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Do you mean all accents, including your own; all accents except your own; all accents except American accents, or just all unfamiliar accents?

:wink:

My mother always told me that you don't have an accent until you leave home... so really, right now I don't have an accent. :twisted:
Elvalia

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:01 pm

I was born in London to a mother from Yorkshire and a father from Berkshire; we moved to Kent when I was five to be near my Welsh grandfather. We lived opposite people from Norfolk and I went to school with Irish kids.

There was never any question that I had 'an accent', as did everyone around me!
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby tris on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:I was born in London to a mother from Yorkshire and a father from Berkshire; we moved to Kent when I was five to be near my Welsh grandfather. We lived opposite people from Norfolk and I went to school with Irish kids.
Jesus H Christ! What a mess!
I was born in Yorkshire to a mother from Gloucestershire and a father from London who grew up in California, but I didn't do much moving around while growing up, except to see relatives in the South in the holidays, and then I had 4 years in Edinburgh and the last 18 years in Italy. I thought I had a vocal identity crisis, oscillating from anodyne "sophisticated-educated" Home Counties bourgeoise cadences to a rustic and cynical Yorkshire drawl (some people even take me for Italian now, which is worrying!), but I can't imagine what kind of wierd accent you must have (or maybe you have none at all... perhaps that's what you mean by "There was never any question that I had 'an accent', as did everyone around me"???)
Accents are interesting, the way they establish your identity and the way people see you (and sometimes judge you)
I liked what Elvalia's mum said... It conjures up scenes of secluded hamlets and homesteads cut off by the snow in the storm-torn wildernesses of "the Sword Coast" and the locals dressing in traditional costumes and carrying muskets to go hunting wolverines and uprooting red plants (we don't look at the BAD COLOUR!) etc... but in my rather schizophrenically cosmopolitan case it ain't really true... I've kind of invented an accent in Italian that combines Roman, Neapolitan and Puglian dialects (with a touch of English in certain consonants)... unfortunately I still oscillate between diametrically opposed accents when speaking English, although after a while I do tend to slip back into Yorkshire dialect when I go back to the old homeland and speak to the local yokels!
I wonder if Elvalia has heard the West Country Somerset and Gloucester Pam Ayres style rowlly-powlly accent... It's definitely my personal favourite!
Wer moight bee tha' blaackbuurd? Oi know wer 'ee bee!
'Ee be in yaan' tuurnep field, 'n' oi bee aafter 'ee!
Ooh, it just makes me melt inside!
And Pastafarians should like it, 'cos it's kind of guttural and piratey. uuuarr... thaat's roight me 'earties!
What’s this shitty place? I’m off to another Kali Yuga! Brahma
Are we a butterfly’s dream or is the butterfly our dream - and who really gives a toss? Lao Tsu
Quit hassling me, you sicko! Job
What? You gonna waste all of ‘em? Even the falafel sellers? Lot
Ya mean I gotta honour them fuckers that dumped me in the Nile!? Moses
WHERE THE HELL DID I PARK MY DAMN KARMA! ShakeYerMuni Buddha
Don’t step on my blue-suede sandals! Blue blue blue-suede sandals! Ol’ J C
You what Gabe!? Not even a wee sausage after Ramadan? Moham
Oh shit! It’s gonna be one of them bad-vibe incarnations! Dalai L
tris
Lord of Linguini

Postby Elvalia on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:16 pm

tris wrote:I liked what Elvalia's mum said... It conjures up scenes of secluded hamlets and homesteads cut off by the snow in the storm-torn wildernesses of New Brunswick and the locals dressing in traditional costumes and carrying muskets to go hunting wolverines and uprooting red plants (we don't look at the BAD COLOUR!) etc...
It's something like that...
tris wrote:I wonder if Elvalia has heard the West Country Somerset and Gloucester Pam Ayres style rowlly-powlly accent... It's definitely my personal favourite!
I've never heard of them, so I'm going to say no...
Elvalia

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:33 pm

Oh, Tris, I meant that however I spoke I had 'an accent' that was different to those around me. My voice also switches between accents; having been to a primary school with Sarf Lunduners, Irish kids, Kentish kids, travellers and home-counties types I went to a posh all-girls grammar school so I can sound 'plummy' or 'common' - or even lapse back into flat Northern vowels. My hubby's parents are from Scotland, although he was raised in Essex. We have lived in Co. Cork (even other Irish people have trouble understanding Corkonians), Adelaide and Canberra.

When we arrived in Adelaide with our youngest two boys, one of them still had a South-East English accent but the other was starting to sound decidedly Irish. Since they don't look much alike either, no-one in their new school would believe that they are twins!

Edited to add:

Elvlia, here is Pam Ayres
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM