Ninja

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Ninja

Postby So_So_Man on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:57 pm

I cannot help but wonder, what is the official Pastafarian position on Ninjas?
So_So_Man
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Ninja

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:04 pm

On top, I think.

:fsm_yarr:
:fsm_ninja:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Robbobrob on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:48 am

There has been much animosity between the two groups, pirate and ninja, but in the end we celebrate the diversity of others, and any "attacks" on each other are taken as good natured fun, just as in sports, where two teams love to "hate" each other, but do not really hate each other.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:On top, I think.

I'm sitting here trying to think of a nice, pleasant way to say "cowgirl" that will actually make it past the mods...

...oops! Did that by accident. Honest. :)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby PKMKII on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:35 pm

Can one be a good Pastafarian while believing that Ninjas > Pirates?
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby Ubi Dubium on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:56 pm

PKMKII wrote:Can one be a good Pastafarian while believing that Ninjas > Pirates?

That might be a problem. I suppose if you are a Pirate, but you have a real inferiority complex, it could work.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:18 pm

No, no, NO lads!

I'm the mother of a ninja (with five black belts)* and his own martial arts school. I might be a granny with a dodgy heart and crippling arthritis, unable to do anything more strenuous than a bit of horizontal Tai Chi, but I know I'm superior to him because I'm a Pirate.

There. :fsm_yarr:

*Probably needs them to hold up his baggy trousers. :fsm_ninja:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Scott the Pirate on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:horizontal Tai Chi

hmmmm......I had you figured for more "naughty wench and too much grog" kind of girl. :)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:
Tigger_the_Wing wrote:horizontal Tai Chi

hmmmm......I had you figured for more "naughty wench and too much grog" kind of girl. :)

<rant>

Slightly off topic, but I used to wonder when I would ever be old enough that people would stop calling me a 'girl' and start referring to me as a 'woman'. After all, the male sex is generally referred to as a 'boy' no older than somewhere between 18 and 25 before they become a 'man' (except, of course, in a group).

I've given up wondering. I woke up one morning and just knew I'll be a 'girl' until I'm so ancient that I'll be called an 'old girl'. :(

I get people twenty years younger than me in shops saying "Oh, serve that girl over there, she was here first". :?

Out of interest, when did anyone ever hear someone refer to a man in his fifties as a 'boy'?

</rant>

BTW, I don't drink alcohol. I'm quite loopy enough already that I don't need any further de-inhibiting; besides, my capacity is so low that I'm legless on one small drink!

:roll:

However, cyber-booze is OK - who fancies a firkin or two and a good knees-up? :D

I'm putting it on the ninja's tab! :fsm_ninja:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Scott the Pirate on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:28 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Slightly off topic, but I used to wonder when I would ever be old enough that people would stop calling me a 'girl' and start referring to me as a 'woman'. After all, the male sex is generally referred to as a 'boy' no older than somewhere between 18 and 25 before they become a 'man'

Sorry if i offended you. i was going for the phrase "a ________ kind of guy/gal/boy/girl/etc." rather than trying to award you a diminutive or immature title. Again, sorry.

I got into a discussion about this on campus last semester. We don't really have any male rites of passage in the U.S. Don't get me wrong, i know that there are a few. Getting a drivers liscense, prom, graduating from H.S., a college degree, marriage, etc. But what i'm getting at is that there's no specific rite that says "now you're a man" when it's over. While getting my anth degree i started to feel kind of cheated by this, so i stole the Maori practice of getting tattooed at important times or for sepcific events. I got two kokopelli images on my shoulder blades when i got my anth degree, i'm getting a "tribal" sun between them as soon as i get a job (damned economy). As soon as i'm back in shape (already down to 190 from 215! Go me!) i'm getting "ΑΘΕΟΣ" tattooed on my left pec. Still trying to decide what to get to represent my munchkins...

:)
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:11 am

Scott the Pirate wrote:Sorry if i offended you. i was going for the phrase "a ________ kind of guy/gal/boy/girl/etc." rather than trying to award you a diminutive or immature title. Again, sorry.

You didn't offend me! Actually, 'offended' isn't an emotion I can ever recall feeling, unless it is the same as 'amused resignation'!

Have an apologetic hug!

It was my fault - I should have put <amused rant>...</amused rant> :)

I like the wording of your tattoo - could you also have it in runes on the other side? :wink:

I think it looks rather impressive in Japanese:

無神論者
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:16 am

Scott, as to your other point:

In Britain and Ireland there is a rite of passage - it's called going to the pub on your eighteenth birthday for your first legal pint! Image
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Elvalia on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:18 am

I should pack up and leave Canada. Become a man in Ireland. :roll:
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:12 pm

GAHHH! MORE RABBITS?!?! What is it with rabbits on venganza? :)

And Elvalia? Why? :)
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby PKMKII on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Elvalia wrote:I should pack up and leave Canada. Become a man in Ireland. :roll:

Ireland, where the men are men and the sheep are scared. :fsm_rock:
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Next

Return to All Things FSM