Pastafarian Problem

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pastafarian Problem

Postby Gethsemane on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi,
The reason I posted this was because I have a slight problem. I want to become a fellow pastafarian, but I'm afraid to display my piratic side in public. This is in fact my first post, and I just wondered if there was anybody out there who could help me adjust to the way of the FSM, and hopefully live amongst the powerful strands of His Noodly Appendages. Overall, I suppose the real question I want to ask is, how the hell do I become a pastafarian, without attracting the full attention of my whole village? Somehow I don't think it would go down too well if I suddenly walked down the street wearing full pirate regalia (I live in the countryside, and naturally, If you do so much as breathe, the whole village knows about it). Could I perhaps try to covert my village into FSM-ists?

:fsm: May The Noodly Sauce Be With You :fsm:
Gethsemane
Ziti Zealot

Re: Pastafarian Problem

Postby Scott the Pirate on Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Remember that you don't HAVE to dress like a pirate unless you're preaching the gospel. I think that you can safey DISCUSS rather than PREACH the word of the FSM while wearing anything you want. And i get it about the small-town thing. I graduated from a high school in a town of 315 people. Good luck. :)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:05 am

Be sneaky and subtle <pronounces the "b" in subtle>. Make your own beer with the FSM on the label, and always refer to is as Holy Water.

Fuck.
Another million-dollar idea pissed out the window.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Gethsemane on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:15 am

lmao im sure the fsm will guide you towards your next idea. THEN you can fuck that one away as well.

:fsm: :fsm: :fsm: :fsm: :fsm: :fsm:
Gethsemane
Ziti Zealot

Postby Scott the Pirate on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Actually that IS one hell of an idea. Maybe i'll steal it. I was thinking of brewing my own beer and was trying to think of what to call it. "Pastafarian Pilsner" has a nice ring to it. What cut of the profits (if there are any) do you think you deserve for a "finders fee"? :)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:32 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:Actually that IS one hell of an idea. Maybe i'll steal it. I was thinking of brewing my own beer and was trying to think of what to call it. "Pastafarian Pilsner" has a nice ring to it. What cut of the profits (if there are any) do you think you deserve for a "finders fee"? :)

I'm not greedy. I'd be happy as a clam with 5%, and if it stays a small time operation, I'd take it in beer. If you're anywhere near me, I'll help with the brewing and bottling. I even have a brewmiester friend just up the road. <completely absorbed in fantasy vision of self as the next Mr. Budweiser>
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
Privvy Counselor

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:21 pm

To be completely honest it'll probably remain a VERY small-time operation, and seeing as i'm still unemployed, there are precious few funds to start brewing again. I think that my gf's head would probably go off like a firecracker if i told her that i was buying new brewing equipment before finding a job. I have 2 bachelors degrees, 2 associates degrees, $50k in student laons and no job. :(
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:39 pm

A couple of beers oughta do it.

If you have some kind of special recipe or something, I have a friend up the road who has a home brewing supply company. I bet we could get something going. Can you do up a cool label?
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby fueledbycoffee on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Not to mention that getting a Brewing operation off the ground takes around a year, at least, while you wait for the first batch. I don't really know about beer though. All of my research is in Mead.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Just a few weeks for small-scale beer brewing, from what I've seen. I'd imagine a honkin great operation would take some doing, though.
John and Patty's shop - it's been fixed up some - garage doors replaced with real walls, new storage room, etc.

This is their website. They used to have a video about brewing beer, but it seems to be gone now. Hope I don't get in trouble for posting it.
-- Philip K Dick

-- Dr. Joy

Privvy Counselor

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:45 pm

ET, we'll see what happens in the next few weeks with the job hunt, but i know what you mean about the "fantasy" personality thing. I had a friend get a job on community college radio and he fancied himself the next Howard Stern-style shock jock. Dumb.
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby PirateFishWorshipper on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:21 pm

Do not be afraid to show your piratic side. :worship: :fsm:
There are a lot of judgemental people in the world, and personally I think that those people are absolute scumballs.
PirateFishWorshipper
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Speaking of...after i get my "jolly fish" tattoo, how do i go about posting it? I suppose that i could just use it as my avatar for a while....
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Return to All Things FSM