FSM reaching out

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

FSM reaching out

Postby CoolName on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:04 am

The Tunguska event was a massive explosion in northern Siberia that was 1,000 times as powerful as the bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan. After 100 years it has still not been explained. I proposed that it was his Noodley Goodness reaching out to try to help people see the truth. Either this, or he dropped his beer. Either way I believe we should mount an expedition to this holy site.
RAmen :fsm:
Check out my website.
Mark Twain wrote:It’s better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you’re stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
CoolName
Ziti Zealot

Re: FSM reaching out

Postby PirateFishWorshipper on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:35 pm

If the FSM dropped his beer, perhaps we need to find out why. Start the expedition!
There are a lot of judgemental people in the world, and personally I think that those people are absolute scumballs.
PirateFishWorshipper
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:19 pm

I saw a documentary about this on the Hitler, i mean HISTORY channel. As far as i know it has been satisfactiorily explained as a chunk of cosmic ice (read: comet) that exploded just before impact. One researcher even successfully re-created the "butterfly" pattern that the blast zone resembled. Sorry if i rained on the post though. :(
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Cardinal Fang on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 pm

What if His Noodliness dropped his beer can and it froze on the way down?

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:47 am

Cardinal Fang wrote:What if His Noodliness dropped his beer can and it froze on the way down?

This might actually explain the origins of comets: you know that after a night 'on the batter', there are normally a few half-drunk glasses sitting around; and I have no doubt that His Noodliness' experience is the same. But obviously, if you leave a half-drunk beer sitting around in the cosmic void, it's going to freeze. So you end up with a lump of frozen beer sitting around in space, presumably tied to the gravity well of the nearest star.

Now what do we already know about comets? They are mostly ice, they have (usually) long eccentric orbits round the sun, and despite the fact that every near pass to the sun depletes their mass, there always seem to be more. Coincidence? I think not!
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:This might actually explain the origins of comets: you know that after a night 'on the batter', there are normally a few half-drunk glasses sitting around; and I have no doubt that His Noodliness' experience is the same.

HA! My "drinking problem" is that i leave one or two in the freezer and they explode! My girlfriend says that when we drink beer she expects me to "drink six, spill two, freeze one, lose one". :)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:37 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:"drink six, spill two, freeze one, lose one".

So they sell ten-packs in Minnesota? (Or do you let her drink two cans?)
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:So they sell ten-packs in Minnesota? (Or do you let her drink two cans?)

:) No they don't, but we usually buy a case...that's 24 for those of you who don't know. I had a friend from Flin Flon, Manitoba who INSISTED that a case is 12 cans, not 24. She usually drinks the other 14. <-- that there's a joke. :)
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:08 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:<-- that there's a joke.

Thanks for that. Being Scottish, I've lost some phalanges to frostbite and can no longer count past 14 1/2 even on a good day.
Roy Hunter

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:23 pm

You're welcome. :)
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Elvalia on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote: :) No they don't, but we usually buy a case...that's 24 for those of you who don't know. I had a friend from Flin Flon, Manitoba who INSISTED that a case is 12 cans, not 24. She usually drinks the other 14. <-- that there's a joke. :)

Another case of someone not calling a 24-pack a two-four! Wow. I need to get out of here and actually hear how people speak elsewhere.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Really? You call it a "two-four"? My Canadian friend also says that you should'nt say "beers" as in "i drank 8 beers last night". She says that it should be "beer" as in "i drank 8 beer last night". She says that you wouldnt say that you "saw six deers in the woods", so why say "beers"? It's all good though. Sometimes it's nice to hear other "dialects". Reminds me that it's a big world out there. :)
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Elvalia on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:46 pm

It's true, the plural of beer isn't beers, it's beer! :)
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Maybe, but http://crofsblogs.typepad.com/english/2 ... beers.html says that "beers" is the "Proper English" but "beer" is the "Proper Canadian". But then again, i only went to one source. :)
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:40 pm

You're all wrong. The plural of 'beer' is pints. ImageImageImage

As in:

"Coming out for a beer?" :fsm_ninja:

"Aye, I could sink a few pints." :fsm_yarr:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Next