Reading the "hate Mails"

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Reading the "hate Mails"

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:45 pm

Since we've been throwing all of these Hitchhikers Guide references around i had a great one pop into my head:

"The Census report, like most such surveys, had cost an awful lot of money and didn't tell anybody anything they didn't already know — except that every single person in the Galaxy had 2.4 legs and owned a hyena. Since this was clearly not true the whole thing had eventually to be scrapped."

(empasis added)

As far as hate mail goes, i got some yesterday after i got home from the job search. One of my daughters little friends asked her why she doesnt go to church and she said "Because my dad says that it's a waste of time and that 'hands that help are better than lips that pray'." She went home and told her psycho fundie father this and he took it upon himself to write me a note which he stuffed into my mailbox...rather than talking to me face to face.

Here's part of it:

"YOUR rejection of the Lord is bad enough, but to force YOUR CHILDREN into a life-time of crime and suffering followed by an eternity in Hell is unspeakable. People like you should not be allowed to have children. You should know that I will be praying for you and that if you want to repent your ways, we will welcome you back with open arms if only you will submit to the will of Jesus."

I think that i'm going to put an ad in the paper that says "Playmates needed for 8 year old girl, cute, friendly, likes 'littlest pet shop' toys. Warning! Atheist father!"

Christ protect me from your followers....
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:55 am

Good grief Scott, that's awful! :(

I sometimes wonder at these people who claim to be members of a religion for tolerance, love and peace but can only support it by being intolerant, hateful and aggressive. You know, given weirdos like him, if Jesus had remained buried He would be spinning in his grave faster than a sub-atomic particle. What a coward for Christ!

I do occasionally meet people who really do display all the best qualities of a Christian. The thing is, they are usually atheists.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:55 am

Good grief Scott, that's awful! :(

I sometimes wonder at these people who claim to be members of a religion for tolerance, love and peace but can only support it by being intolerant, hateful and aggressive. You know, given weirdos like him, if Jesus had remained buried He would be spinning in his grave faster than a sub-atomic particle. What a coward for Christ!

I do occasionally meet people who really do display all the best qualities of a Christian. The thing is, they are usually atheists.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby sharzah on Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:13 am

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Beer and strippers seem a much more appealing prospect and I loathe both... :roll:

Ah, someone who agrees with me on that point :D

Anyway, I find the hate mails amusing, much like when Dave Barry used to get them... Sheesh, he's a HUMOR WRITER and people would write asking him what his sources were for the things he said...
- "sharzah"
sharzah
Conchigliette Convert

Postby BordusiusIV on Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:58 am

Ubi Dubium wrote:Yes, heaven will definitely need an S.E.P. field once I get there, because my heaven will have to have bagpipes.

People in heaven have no time for such things, they are already busy running the heavenly brach of the make a wish foundation to quote George Carlin ;)

:worship: :worship: :fsm_float:
BordusiusIV
Ziti Zealot

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:37 pm

"When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told." (from http://www.rense.com/general69/obj.htm)

Had to be done. :)

R.I.P. G.C.
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby TheAthiest on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Reasons Why Hate Mailers Are Stupid
1. Have you seen their grammar? People use cap locks, exetremely long sentences, bad spelling. We're not going to take you seriously if your hate mail looks like it was written by a 5 year old.
Example ~ "I THINK U GUYS ARE DECIEVED BY THE DEVIL AND HIS SPIRITS. MAKING THIS STUFF UP IS MERELY CREATED BY SOMEONE AND ITS AN EXCUSE TO HAVE AND DO WHAT UWANNA DO AND I FEEL THAT SOME SPAGHETTI MONSTER CANT EXPLAIN THE UNEXPLAINED AND CANT HELP ME SPIRITUALLY AS I COME TO REALIZE CHRIST HELPS ME MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY AND I HAVE EVIDENCE THAT THIS IS TRUE AND TRY HIM CHRIST IS REAL AND PERSONALLY THATS MY EVIDENCE. PEOPLE ITS ALL MADE UP THE SPAGHETTI MONSTER ISNT REAL"
-kathleen

2. They provide reasons why their deity exists which could easily be used for Pastafarians aswell.
Example ~ "CHRIST IS REAL AND PERSONALLY THATS MY EVIDENCE" - kathleen. A pastafarian could also, easily say "The FSM is really and personally thats my evidence."

3. The FSM and God could both exist. Ones a power who create or change things at will and the other is a spaghetti monster. If one exists, I don't see why the other does not.

4. "this Bobby Dude needs to get a Live,A Bible and Seek Jesus as his savior! ya know i look at everything thats going on and i know that Jesus Said that this was gonna Happen this world is going MAD and i know its the End of Time,,,, Sadly Lame Men like Bobby had To Care for his own Benefit and hes taking alot of people to hell with him.:
-christian

Bobby made a religion, Jesus made a religion. Would you tell Jesus to "get a life" too?

5. They are blind to anything but their own religion.
"Hello my name is Christian which means servant of the Christ. The LORD says that in the end, many false teachers will rise, darwin, muhammed and even your own bobby."
Did he really just say Darwin taught false teachings, when it was already proven true? Thats like saying England won The Revolutionary War.
TheAthiest
Conchigliette Convert

Postby TheAthiest on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Good grief Scott, that's awful! :(

You have hit the nail on the head my friend. Thanks for that comment, I can save it for the next time a Christian calls me a "Satan Lover" for being an Athiest.
TheAthiest
Conchigliette Convert

Postby TheAthiest on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:18 pm

DaveL wrote:Guys,

Just in case you feel like generating a few more for Bobby to read, you might want to try this...(this website is a crackup).

http://truechristian.com/hatemailgen.html

That has to be the funniest sight ever. I'm reading the fighting satan athiest thing.
"3.) Myth: On average atheists have higher IQs.

Reality: They are demons, meaning they are slaves to Satan. Since of this they don't think so thus have an IQ of 0.
"
TheAthiest
Conchigliette Convert

Postby thelastpirate on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:34 am

TheAthiest wrote:Did he really just say Darwin taught false teachings, when it was already proven true?

No, it hasnt. Nothing in the history of science has ever been proven true.
thelastpirate
Lord of Linguini

Location: I hope in no place so unsanctified where such as thou mayst find me.

Postby Scott the Pirate on Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Truth with a capital "T" is not the goal of scientific research. If you're looking for that kind of truth, might i suggest becoming a cult leader? You might not actually FIND Truth, but you can probably convince others of your version of it and maybe make some $$$ along the way. I'm kiddding. :)

But no, we don't seek to "prove things true". We test hypotheses and if they hold up repeatedly they can be called theories. Above that there are Laws, but they are precious few in the big scheme of things. A lot of researchers HATE the word "proof" when it comes to the scientific method, myself included. There is "evidence for" or "support for" but rarely "proof".
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby TheAthiest on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:11 pm

thelastpirate wrote:
TheAthiest wrote:Did he really just say Darwin taught false teachings, when it was already proven true?

Ok I guess your right with that, but you can't say that it's not possible.
TheAthiest
Conchigliette Convert

Postby TheAthiest on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:Truth with a capital "T" is not the goal of scientific research. If you're looking for that kind of truth, might i suggest becoming a cult leader? You might not actually FIND Truth, but you can probably convince others of your version of it and maybe make some $$$ along the way. I'm kiddding. :)

But no, we don't seek to "prove things true". We test hypotheses and if they hold up repeatedly they can be called theories. Above that there are Laws, but they are precious few in the big scheme of things. A lot of researchers HATE the word "proof" when it comes to the scientific method, myself included. There is "evidence for" or "support for" but rarely "proof".

As I said for the comment above, you still can't just say it's not possible.
TheAthiest
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Elvalia on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:05 pm

No one said it wasn't possible.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby thelastpirate on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:00 pm

TheAthiest wrote:
thelastpirate wrote:

Ok I guess your right with that, but you can't say that it's not possible.

Using the scientific method, it is not possible to prove anything true.
thelastpirate
Lord of Linguini

Location: I hope in no place so unsanctified where such as thou mayst find me.

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM