Misogyny and hypocrasy in Pastafarians Church

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Misogyny and hypocrasy in Pastafarians Church

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:05 pm

Richard Dawkins quotes Ford Prefect at the beginning of The God Delusion: "isnt it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are faries at the bottom of it as well?"
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby timbits on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Miss Footscray wrote: . . . build misogyny into their structure. I'm sure I'm not the only one severely put off by this. It makes a true joke of the Pastafarian creed of equality and tolerance . . . . What a shame.

I hear you! What the world needs is universal respect for the basic purpose of a good woman. My feelings are best exemplified in this Ode To Women. I hope you will enjoy love found in the words.
The only difference between a bicycle is an apple because a snake does not have armpits.
timbits
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:08 pm

"Ode to Women" HA!!! (Laughs until crying, falls off bar-stool).

In all seriousness though, it's interesting (and a little sad) that simply beacuse someone says "stripper" we assume that the meaning is "FEMALE stripper". In the short time that i've been posting here i've seen no misogyny in the Gospel of the FSM or here in these threads. In fact, i've come across many people who share my view that it was mainly with the rise of civilization, labor specialization and monotheism that women's (probably powerful) position in society was weakened. If my anth degree has taught me anything, it's that civilization and (especially) religion have not been kind to females.
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Phlebas on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:25 pm

"Hey, you sass that hoopy Cardinal Fang? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is." (Sass: know, be aware of, meet, have sex with; hoopy: really together guy; frood: really amazingly together guy.)
Wake me at the zenith of the moon.

Phlebas The Phoenician

Ramen
Phlebas
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby PirateFishWorshipper on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Silly person! Thinking that we have misogyny in our religion. It is one of the Ten I'd Really Rather You Didnt's to critcise misogynistic people.
There are a lot of judgemental people in the world, and personally I think that those people are absolute scumballs.
PirateFishWorshipper
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Scott the Pirate on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:47 pm

There are eight "i'd really rather you didn'ts" actually, but you're right.

#5) I'd Really Rather You Didn't Challenge The Bigoted, Misogynist, Hateful Ideas Of Others On An Empty Stomach. Eat, Then Go After The B*******.
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Previous

Return to All Things FSM