after reading some comments on religion...

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

after reading some comments on religion...

Postby gcfo! on Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:28 pm

I honestly believe christianity is a joke. Don't get me wrong, I believe its a perfectly good way to live your life. But its a book. Its a hoax. Haha. Christianity is the top grossing business in the world. Its a scam. I believe that jesus was alive at one point. I don't believe god created anything and that I was born a sinner and have to repent for anything and everything I do. But anyway, I could go on forever about that. But I'm here to talk about FSM.

Fsm. Awesome hahaha. I can't think of anything better than this religion. It just makes absoulte sense. We are all his noodly apendages pirates.

Only reason I wrote this is because of a comment I read on the main page. Something about somebody saying that they can't believe this is real and that we should all believe in god because he's supreme. Really? If anyone can prove god is real. I would love to listen.

When it comes down to it. It can't be proven. I win. Stop living on your knees people.
gcfo!
Conchigliette Convert

Re: after reading some comments on religion...

Postby Elvalia on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:30 pm

gcfo! wrote:When it comes down to it. It can't be proven. I win. Stop living on your knees people.

Prove that there isn't a god.

We have Christians on here, I'd advise against dismissing their beliefs so callously.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby gcfo! on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Elvalia wrote:
gcfo! wrote:When it comes down to it. It can't be proven. I win. Stop living on your knees people.

Prove that there isn't a god.

We have Christians on here, I'd advise against dismissing their beliefs so callously.

I'm not saying to stop being christian. I'm saying you can't prove your right. Neither can I. I just enjoy bitching about religion. Therefore I undoubtingly own.
gcfo!
Conchigliette Convert

Postby S'presso on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:00 pm

This just isn't what the FSM stands for!
We're against intelligent design, not someone else's god!

p.s Don't insult anyone else's religion. It's in da rules.
Look! A new sig.
Blaaaaag.
S'presso
Agnolini Admiral

Postby S'presso on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:37 pm

... ID!
We like to discuss things. And discussions are no fun if everyone's on the same side.
Look! A new sig.
Blaaaaag.
S'presso
Agnolini Admiral

Postby JustJP on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:14 am

God is real. And it has been proven. Have you not read these postings?
Not studied our gospel?
Not downloaded and posted the most simply and clear charts that have been prepared to provide you proof?

Why, I saw his holiness myself just the other day while at the Olive Garden. Go and see for yourself. Speak to him. The people at the table will be impressed by your devotion.
Jp
JustJP
Conchigliette Convert

Postby R2F! on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:24 pm

god is real.

right now his touching my noodle with his appendage
R2F!

Postby DaveL on Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:24 pm

gcfo! wrote:I honestly believe christianity is a joke. Don't get me wrong, I believe its a perfectly good way to live your life. But its a book. Its a hoax. Haha. Christianity is the top grossing business in the world. Its a scam. I believe that jesus was alive at one point. I don't believe god created anything and that I was born a sinner and have to repent for anything and everything I do. But anyway, I could go on forever about that. But I'm here to talk about FSM.

Guys,

Don't forget we are here to parody ID, not to bag anyone elses beliefs. Alot of us might agree, but remember there are Christians who also think ID is bogus.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby timbits on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:39 pm

Elvalia wrote:We have Christians on here, I'd advise against dismissing their beliefs so callously.

I know this is a tad blunt for one of my first posts . . . but it's reality.

After you have read some Dawkins, Hitchen and Harris - come on back and we can have a wee chat. While this site concerns ID, it also involves the basis of that belief by necessity. Religion is the main source of horror in the world today - sorry I can't be gentle with those who support it.
The only difference between a bicycle is an apple because a snake does not have armpits.
timbits
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cheese on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:37 pm

timbits wrote:I know this is a tad blunt for one of my first posts . . . but it's reality.

Yeah, but their are folk on this site who whose job it is to suck the fun out of everything - including FSM - they be called the stick worshippers :worship:
their are folk whose job it is to suck the fun out of everything - including FSM - they be called the stick worshippers :worship:
Cheese
Ziti Zealot

Postby DaveL on Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:01 pm

All good fun and your opinions are all welcome. Just remember why we are here, to keep ID out of science class.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Cheese on Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:36 pm

DaveL wrote:All good fun and your opinions are all welcome. Just remember why we are here, to keep ID out of science class.

Only reacting when ID is at the School Gates is a tactic that ensures it always will be at the School Gate. or inside. Far better to also tackle the problem at source - by killing the Gods....and the best weapon for that be mockery :fsm_yarr: May sound impolite, but IMO not quite so impolite as burning at the stake or beheadings.
their are folk whose job it is to suck the fun out of everything - including FSM - they be called the stick worshippers :worship:
Cheese
Ziti Zealot

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:48 pm

In my opinion, it is the intolerance for alternate opinions that causes problems. Those people who state that their religion is the right one don't bother me. It is the people who state that all other religions and/or viewpoints must be eradicated or converted who do.

Pray tell, what difference is there between your stance and theirs?

If you have two religions in your land, the two will cut each other's throats; but if you have thirty religions, they dwell in peace.

--Voltaire
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Cheese on Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:In my opinion, it is the intolerance for alternate opinions that causes problems. Those people who state that their religion is the right one don't bother me. It is the people who state that all other religions and/or viewpoints must be eradicated or converted who do.

Pray tell, what difference is there between your stance and theirs?

Fundamentaly?...................None.

and your point is?
Cheese
Ziti Zealot

Postby timbits on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:56 pm

Rev. Rowan Redbeard wrote:Pray tell, what difference is there between your stance and theirs?

My stance is that no religion should ever impact my life - directly or indirectly - as stated in secular law. Those who wish to believe in ghosts and goblins do so at their own peril. Just don't bother me.

As Dawkins says over and over in his lectures, the time has come to stop apologizing for being a "Non-theist". The only thing that will save this world is free thinking reason.
The only difference between a bicycle is an apple because a snake does not have armpits.
timbits
Conchigliette Convert

Next

Return to All Things FSM