Illogical People

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Illogical People

Postby RenaissanceMan on Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:25 pm

For the life of Darwin, I can't imagine how those Luddites come up with their illogical nonsense.

They start with the Fallacy of the Argument From Authority. How jejune of those little people.
Only we Pastafarians have the intellectual capacity to evaluate truth and come to the proper conclusion.
We and we alone are omniplentious. Everyone who is anyone knows that.
Since we are intellectually superior, we must always therefore be right.
All biologists, except for Homer the Gomer, in Bumfornicate, Arkansas, believes in evolution and Pastafarianism, so that pretty much settles it.

Okay then, to continue on with my brilliant synopsylogism.

Then these "people" continue with their Argument From Incredulity. Can you imagine!
Obviously they do not realize the superiority of the Argument From Infinite Simplicity.
Hey, it's there, and it just made itself. Deal with it, will ya!
Nothing made everything. What could be more scientifical.
Energy made itself. Matter made itself. The universe(s) made itself/themselves.

Okay, okay, like Pastafarians everywhere, I'm taken aback with myself. It's a real hoot to wax
like totally smart, as we all are, as we all do. Doobie doobie doo.

Where was I? Oh yes, dressing down those Homer Gomers, far, far beneath us all.

Man do they Quote Mine. Whew. How bad, bad, bad of them.
See, when a Pizzafarian selects quotes to back up our agenda of nothingness and fish skeletons, it's well done.
It's justifiable, elegant, smart, and all that.
But when THOSE GUYS pick quotes from our side, well that's illegal. We have standards for them, and not for our own bad selves.

Exemptification is the purview only of the most inty of intylectuals, being us.

Finally, I close with a reminder of Our Total Condescentive Arrogance.

We're smart. We know it. We said it. And that settles it.

Case closed. Now if only there were a hell for those ignorant, illogical people.

His vein ironically grave
Expos'd the Fool, and lash'd the Knave.
- Jonathan Swift
RenaissanceMan
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Illogical People

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:16 pm

Are you complaining about how we stereotype you by stereotyping us? Not all Pastafarians are arrogant. I'm actually kinda dumb and frequently wrong...and your position crumbles. Seriously tho dude, you come in here and trash us, instead of trying to talk with us reasonably. Wouldn't that make you the one who's illogical?
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Elvalia on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:15 pm

RenaissanceMan wrote:Since we are intellectually superior, we must always therefore be right.

I started laughing really hard and couldn't read past that point.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby ken worley on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:09 pm

OK..Truth-time.

The universe is actually a repeating-cycle.

At the end-times, (a global war following the success of the war on drugs)-the very last person left alive happens to be a homosexual baptist minister.(who had accidentally knocked himself unconscious trying to get hymnals from under the bottom shelf of the storage vestibule)
(very ironic, if you think about it long enough.)

Devastated, and left all alone, with no one to finally confess to, he in desperation
finds the secret to locating and using time-portals.(wormholes.)

He tries to go back, and be the first man, and set the universe off on the right foot, of tolerance, and understanding.

Upon arrival in the ancient past, he comes to the realization that he cannot procreate. oops.
He then discovers that time portals only go backwords, and for the next few minutes, he goes into an ever-accelerating oscillation between fear and hope/wishful-thinking.

Since there is no real hope/solution, the psychic energy produced reaches critical mass, and he actually divides into two people, which sprint directly away from each other, at incredible speed.
One, the ultra-conservative, stodgy male, and the other... a very submissive woman.
He finally goes and fucks himself, and the whole process begins anew.

Kind of depressing when you've watched it a few times, but so is "Scrubs."
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby S'presso on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:02 pm

I. Love. Ken.

Why are you so insulted by Atheism?
Did an atheist run up to you, kick you in the 'nards and run away in your childhood?

But really, we're not arrogant people. [Okay, the "No God" thing is a little, but really, we're not that bad]
I respect the Christians around me, they respect my pastafarianism. We have healthy debates about religion without actually picking apart each others' faiths.
Look! A new sig.
Blaaaaag.
S'presso
Agnolini Admiral

Postby elijah on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:40 pm

The malicious fear-based ignorance of people promoting the FSM is revealed in the movement's mocking abuse of Genuine Religions.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby PantyGnawer on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:45 pm

elijah wrote:The malicious fear-based ignorance of people promoting the FSM is revealed in the movement's mocking abuse of Genuine Religions.

And the war on puns continues! Good to see your still at it there lij!
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby Ubi Dubium on Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:05 pm

HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!
Elijah's back! Just when things were starting to sound rational again! Somebody to be totally offended whenever somebody makes a pun! Apparently, anybody else being silly is against his religion and must be stopped.

Sorry, 'Lij. I'm going to continue to be silly, and to poke fun at as many "Genuine Religions™" as possible. Gotta love that capitalization!
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:16 pm

I find that humor is often the best way to deal with the "faithful" and their illogical beliefs. See the intro to George Carlin's "Religion is bullsh*t" on youtube for more info. BTW, mormons often make themselves the easiest targets, what with their holy under-garmants and all. :)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby elijah on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:18 pm

Tell yourselves whatever you need to to deflect the fact that your hurting people with your so called "humor". Though such will only magnify its inequity.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Ubi Dubium on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:32 pm

elijah wrote:Tell yourselves whatever you need to to deflect the fact that your hurting people with your so called "humor". Though such will only magnify its inequity.

Sorry, nobody is "injured" by humor. They might be "offended". You do not have a right not to be offended.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Spector567 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:28 pm

This is an internet site amung thousands. Thoes who are hurt or offended some how found this site, searched it up and visited, than decided to read more. If they are hurt than they knowling searched us out to be hurt.

If there mind was changed, as much as his noodlyness is great I suspect that there hold on what ever else they believed in wasn't that strong or was only for show to start with.

Also, opions vary on what you mean by being hurt. I will say it again. You yourself decided that being un-religious means being hurt and appartly inadiquate. Many many others feel differntly. Many here do not need to feel choosen or special. (is that not being humble).

As for the strong negative religeous notions often portraid here. Have you ever considered that the continual harrasment and hate mail recieved by this site tell us that we are going to hell with poorly spelt and running away anymously might create an adverse reaction. Throwing stones at someone just means they will pick up there own stones.
Spector567
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:48 pm

RenaissanceMan wrote:Obviously they do not realize the superiority of the Argument From Infinite Simplicity.

Try the principle of scientifc parsimony instead. Much more powerful...

RenaissanceMan wrote:We're smart. We know it. We said it. And that settles it. Case closed. Now if only there were a hell for those ignorant, illogical people.

Hmmm... We're all illogical and ignorant to some extent. Don't forget that. We've recently disproved some things that Euclid postulated, and Newton, and Einstein. What progresses is knowledge, not the people that hold it for a short time. Shouldn't that same logic apply to Jesus, Moses and 'saint' John?

(ps - Elijah - I will leave a place set at my table tomorrow for you when we serve pasta. Show up if you like. We don't mind.)
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:10 pm

For a good example, think of the concept of baptism and explain it as it really is. "We prefer to dip our babies in water because thousands of years ago a naked woman in a garden was tricked into eating from a magic tree by a talking snake". Sounds kind of silly, doesnt it? :)
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby thelastpirate on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:18 am

Neither.
thelastpirate
Lord of Linguini

Location: I hope in no place so unsanctified where such as thou mayst find me.

Next

Return to All Things FSM