A Question from a Christian

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: A Question from a Christian

Postby elijah on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:50 pm

Calling yourself a Pastafarian is mocking the beliefs of Rastafarians.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:51 pm

elijah wrote:Calling yourself a Pastafarian is mocking the beliefs of Rastafarians.

Is not.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby elijah on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Whatever helps you sleep Nazi.
elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:07 pm

elijah wrote:Whatever helps you sleep Nazi.

That's right, bitch, I'm the Grammar Nazi, and you left a comma out of your sentence.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby His Noodly Magesty on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:30 pm

What am I missing here? What respect is due a corrupt can of worms? Or the worminess that passes itself off as pasta is demanding respect due to it's history of fear induced respect....????
What? Is their some implied or demanded seriousness here to be serious about what cannot be taken seriously? No one is being personally attacked, only ignorance is parodied, and gently so at that.

And the sellout crowd cheers on!
His Noodly Magesty
Ziti Zealot

Postby spotlight on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:34 pm

spotlight cheers for His Noodly Magesty.

Well said. I've always thought of it as that way as well - it's not religion that's being parodied, it's ignorance. And if someone thinks that this 'ignorance' is referring to religion, well, what does that say about religion?
spotlight
Ziti Zealot

Postby Philly Fillet on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:13 am

Your statement mocks the beliefs of the NAZI party.

This statement mocks your belief that you think:

In Soviet America, The Thought Thinks You!™
"Ewgl'rlua ugh'r'hkanh r'ylu Flying Spaghetti Monster k'rkh y'lfrngh ph'tangh. Ugh'r'yugha f'nigughr Ithaqua, k'lryea g'nugha hngl'wi'ng, hfir'gnua shluggr'ya ungh'lyeh k'reh y'gr ftenhg."
-Cthulhu
Philly Fillet
Conchigliette Convert

Postby OrigamiSquared on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:37 am

In my initial post, I complemented Scott that he was not a "hit and run" hate-mailer. Looks like he is :( I sent him an e-mail as he requested. We will see.
Visit my website about origami, math, and the link between the two at http://origamisquared.googlepages.com

You guys have the coolest smileys! :fsm_rock: :fsm_yarr: That should be enough to convert anyone!
OrigamiSquared
Ziti Zealot

Postby Dagwood Gum on Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:39 am

spotlight wrote:spotlight cheers for His Noodly Magesty.

Well said. I've always thought of it as that way as well - it's not religion that's being parodied, it's ignorance. And if someone thinks that this 'ignorance' is referring to religion, well, what does that say about religion?

Yes, I agree and have a tendency to see religion as it's own parody of it's pretended essence. So when the parody is parodied, is it not a double negative which becomes a positive?
Dagwood Gum
Ziti Zealot

Postby Philly Fillet on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:51 pm

well, that depends on if the double negative occurs in british english or american english, now doesn't it?
"Ewgl'rlua ugh'r'hkanh r'ylu Flying Spaghetti Monster k'rkh y'lfrngh ph'tangh. Ugh'r'yugha f'nigughr Ithaqua, k'lryea g'nugha hngl'wi'ng, hfir'gnua shluggr'ya ungh'lyeh k'reh y'gr ftenhg."
-Cthulhu
Philly Fillet
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Angel-Hair Archmage on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:46 am

swickstrum wrote: The problem with all this FSM mess is that you are leading people who may have become good and powerful Christians astray.

Who is in God's place or any mono- or polytheistic deity to determine the religious path of any person. For all we know there may be a person who may have become a follower of FSM or or any other religion. :(
The FLying Spaghetti Monster watches over the Kingdom, out of site, but not out of our minds...
ImageImage
Angel-Hair Archmage
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Morbid Angel Ai on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:11 am

:fsm_ninja:

I have tons of things to say to you... but... that will be another time, since I am sick today and don't feel like argueing

:worship: :fsm_float:
Insane? No you're just as sane as I am
Morbid Angel Ai
Conchigliette Convert

Postby His Noodly Magesty on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:36 pm

Angel-Hair Archmage wrote:
swickstrum wrote: The problem with all this FSM mess is that you are leading people who may have become good and powerful Christians astray.

Who is in God's place or any mono- or polytheistic deity to determine the religious path of any person. For all we know there may be a person who may have become a follower of FSM or or any other religion. :(

An interesting, though bizarre concept that one who lays down the bible babble has been led astray. I feel strongly that one becomes saved when one lays down the bible babble. Not only that, but everyone else becomes saved in that the former bible babbler is now much less of an annoying, mindlessly dangerous threat to the free thinking beings no matter how few they may be. The few free thinking pastafarians are seeds and seedlings that need to be nurtured.

Christiants in the pasta, how unpalatable. :pirate_fish:

And the sellout crowd cheers on!
His Noodly Magesty
Ziti Zealot

Postby seabee on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:29 pm

What's the rule regarding the amount of time it takes for one party in an Internet Argument to accuse another party of being a Nazi?

I think it's admirable that it wasn't until page three of this thread that somebody snapped and went Nazi-stupid.
Yippee! Yahooey! Yahweh!
seabee
Ziti Zealot

Postby Elvalia on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:40 pm

Ah, but it's elijah who said it. We can discount his calling Zank a Nazi because that has nothing to do with this thread- he expressed the belief that we're all a bunch of fascist vampires before joining this discussion.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM