A Question from a Christian

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: A Question from a Christian

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:48 am

I want to make a complaint!
No, that's next door, it's Being Hit On The Head lessons in here Image
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby Julius Aurora on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:57 am

:facepalm:
1. The cosmos is a gigantic flywheel making 10,000 revolutions a minute.
2. Man is a sick fly taking a dizzy ride on it.
3. Religion is the theory that the wheel was designed and set spinning to give him a ride.
- Henry Mencken

Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
Julius Aurora
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:22 am

The original post was a silly thing anyway. Admittedly this person was able to hold a conversation and could almost spell (even if they did have an odd understanding of where English came from :lol: ) but it was still a silly thing.

I preferred Moe Sunkist, that was amusing levels of ignorance. He thought that the Irish converted to Catholicism to 'spite the English' :confused:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby TwistedSister on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:35 am

You can have Mo Sunkist when you finish what is in your glass.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:42 am

TwistedSister wrote:You can have Mo Sunkist when you finish what is in your glass.

:lol:

Well, as Moe only made 14 posts, it is pretty easy to read them all for a giggle!
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:40 pm

This thread really has taken a 180 from it's original topic, but i figure "What the heck?" Still fun to watch them fall apart!!
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby tris on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Tigger_the_Wing wrote: Well, as Moe only made 14 posts, it is pretty easy to read them all for a giggle!
I missed out on the pentecostal manifestation of Moe SK the Sun Kissed Sunshine Kid when he unexpectedly deigned to descend upon us from his lofty intellectual eyrie in the clouds of Christianland. The guy was evidently totally off his rocker (and totally ungrammatical to boot)!
This post of his is a gem (my comments and his mistakes and choice wierdnesses in bold):
Sunshine Moe wrote: As for the issue of hypocrisy i have this to say: Jesus Christ, a man that can be proven exists as much as any other man back in the day, was crucified. And during his life, He spent it believing He was the Son of the heavenly God, and performed miracles in His name. (what the frig has that got to do with hypocrisy !?) This lead me to three choices.
1.) He is a crazy man who didnt know anything and was probly dropped on His head as a babe. Looks like Moe isn't as daft as he seems! :haha:
2.) He is a liar who wanted to become famous fro being the King of the Jews.
3.) He was the Messiah, the Son of God, the Redeemer of Man.
I cannot believe the first to be true, because of the miracles professed by those around Him, and that He would inspire so many to follow in His footsteps to death 2000 years later. Oppps! Looks like I spoke too soon! :haha:
The second could very well be plausible, except for [b](Uh oh! here it comes! Hang on to your hats!.....) why [/b]would this man go through the most humiliating and painful death. Would He really be willing to go that far to be famous? You cant be receive that type of fame and recognition if you are dead. Oh and not once did he claim to be lying upon the cross. :confused:
So that leaves door number three. This to me was a big help in understanding my faith when i was struggling. I can see where everyone gets there point across, on how it takes the same amount of faith to believe in a flying blob of noodles, but is it really. :confused: Most things i have read on here have been jokes, jokes on God and Jesus, jokes on even your FSM. So much for your faith.
God bless. I love you, and in Jesus's perfect name i pray for you,
your humble servant Moe.

WOW! Talk about non-sequiturs! I guess we need these freaks coming on here to remind us of why we arent Christians stumbling desperately in the intellectual outer darkness and confusion, clutching at the straws of dogmatic certainties and kidding ourselves that we've discovered some kind of cosmic truth! Poor misguided lambs... I feel tenderly sorry for them in their pathetic pretence of sincerity and professions of universal love... ahhhh! :cutely simpering FSM emote:
May the great FSM gently open their eyes and lead them with his softly billowing tentacles towards His shining truth!
Scott the Pirate wrote:This thread really has taken a 180 from it's original topic, but i figure "What the heck?" Still fun to watch them fall apart!!
Actually I think "humble servant" Moe's wierdness is a perfectly logical compliment to the ravings of Swickstrum... they are both very much part of a long and rather sad tradition of benighted religious mental deviation and the road to hell being paved with good intentions!
What’s this shitty place? I’m off to another Kali Yuga! Brahma
Are we a butterfly’s dream or is the butterfly our dream - and who really gives a toss? Lao Tsu
Quit hassling me, you sicko! Job
What? You gonna waste all of ‘em? Even the falafel sellers? Lot
Ya mean I gotta honour them fuckers that dumped me in the Nile!? Moses
WHERE THE HELL DID I PARK MY DAMN KARMA! ShakeYerMuni Buddha
Don’t step on my blue-suede sandals! Blue blue blue-suede sandals! Ol’ J C
You what Gabe!? Not even a wee sausage after Ramadan? Moham
Oh shit! It’s gonna be one of them bad-vibe incarnations! Dalai L
tris
Lord of Linguini

Postby NoodlyAppendage on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Not even going there.
NoodlyAppendage
Ziti Zealot

Postby Angry_Santa on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:45 am

Hmm so i either accept that a easily scientifically observable occurance (evoltuion) took place over many many years and slowly formed us into the starbucks drinking, dorrito eating humans we are....OR i accept that god is in fact barbra eden and everything can be explained away by the sfx *POOF*.

Decisons Decisons Decisons
Angry_Santa
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Scott the Pirate on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Go with the "Goddidit" option....Less thinking.
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby KMill on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:32 am

Scott the Pirate wrote:
ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:That's not on you, that's on a plate. :lech:

Damn you for beating me to that, ET!

:grin:

And I still haven't revised that photo...

but this is a thread entitled "A question from a Christian"... we'll have to start a new thread - "requests from a pastafarian". Elvalia?

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:
Well, as Moe only made 14 posts, it is pretty easy to read them all for a giggle!

Wish I had been here for this...

:bummer:
Poor Satan. He'll come for my soul, but he'll leave empty handed.
KMill
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:12 am

The things you miss out on when you have a life...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:54 am

I wish… :bummer:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:04 am

Do you think we have an image problem? Are we not marketing ourselves right? We haven't had a decent troll show up here since Renaissance Man came back in disguise (I tried to search for him, but he's been airbrushed out of history). Do we need to get out there and insult some more people in His name (pbuh)?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:12 am

I think that the stringent demands here (well, not stringent really… :evilgrin: ) that new people should make a 'first post' in a particular thread which has to be accepted before they can post elsewhere is straining the brain cell of potential trolls. :whistle:

Arceus had a thought about this. If a new person makes a trolling post in the introduction thread why not move it to a troll thread where we can have fun? The troll's account could be restricted to that one thread which would be easy to ignore for those members here who would prefer to avoid controversy; yes, you; at the back there… no? No one? OK, so we could all have fun with captive trolls!
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM