Holidays

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Holidays

Postby MaltaPastafarian on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:00 am

Moe Sunkist wrote:First, I wish to thank you for seriously answering and not dismissing me for another stupid Christian. I appreciate it.

You're welcome...literally.

Moe Sunkist wrote:Do you have a subjective view on your deity? May I have your personal reasons for calling him a monster?

My reasons are two. Prophet Bobby Henderson calls him so in The Gospel, and, well, he does look like a monster, doesn't he?

Moe Sunkist wrote:I am almost fairly certain no one believes that communion is the actual blood and flesh of Christ.

You should come to Malta and ask the Catholics. They'll tell you otherwise.

Moe Sunkist wrote:As to the atrocities caused by our God, if refering to the Passover, God gave the Egyptians ample warning that He wanted His people free from slavery. Twas the Pharoh's stubbornness that caused the infanticide of Egypt. And God is a just God. Pharoh had killed Jewish babies before. He just saw what He had done on a bigger scale.

You've missed the part where God hardens Pharoah's heart so that he would not let His people free. But in any case, I'm not only referring to that. I am referring to where, for instance God orders "His people" to invade neighbouring countries, kill all the inhabitants and take their land. When "His people" return saying that they have not killed the women and children, God actually becomes very angry because they disobeyed Him. It's all in the Bible.

Of course, I don't believe the above actually happened...but it is in the Bible.
MaltaPastafarian
Ziti Zealot

Postby thelastpirate on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:55 am

Moe Sunkist wrote:I remember it specifically states that Moses asks Pharoh a lot to let his people go free from Egypt, and God sent all kinds of plagues on Egypt. and Pharoh didnt listen. Primarily cuz Pharoh was believed to be a god himself by the Egyptians and he didnt want his power usurped by the Christian gods

Exodus 7:1-14 wrote:1And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

2Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land.

3And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.

4But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.

5And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.

6And Moses and Aaron did as the LORD commanded them, so did they.

7And Moses was fourscore years old, and Aaron fourscore and three years old, when they spake unto Pharaoh.

8And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,

9When Pharaoh shall speak unto you, saying, Shew a miracle for you: then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall become a serpent.

10And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.

11Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.

12For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.

13And he hardened Pharaoh's heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

14And the LORD said unto Moses, Pharaoh's heart is hardened, he refuseth to let the people go.

Emphasis mine.
thelastpirate
Lord of Linguini

Location: I hope in no place so unsanctified where such as thou mayst find me.

Postby MaltaPastafarian on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:42 pm

MaltaPastafarian wrote:I am referring to where, for instance God orders "His people" to invade neighbouring countries, kill all the inhabitants and take their land.

One example http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... &version=9
MaltaPastafarian
Ziti Zealot

Previous

Return to All Things FSM