Question about Headgear

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Question about Headgear

Postby techie2200 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:36 pm

I see a lot of people talking about taking ID photos while wearing pasta strainers and whatnot on their heads, and that's awesome! But shouldn't there be some pastafarians wearing Pirate hats in their ID photos?

Just curious about it really, seeing as pirates are his chosen people. As such, I would assume pirate hats and pasta strainers would both qualify as religious headgear for us, no?

Anywho, that's just my curiosity. Let me know whatcha think.
techie2200
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Question about Headgear

Postby linzi on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:37 am

Pirates hats could be look like religious headgear but pasta strainers is perfect for us pirates.
linzi
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:36 am

I think that pirate hats are not a definitive identifier as a Pastafarian. Non-pastafarian pirates could wear pirate hats, as could Johnny Depp fans etc. Wearing a colander on your head is the definitive statement.

If you see a man with a beard wearing a hat, you might wonder if he was Jewish or if he had a cold head. If he's wearing a yamulke, you're sure he's Jewish. Same for us and colanders.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:11 am

Roy Hunter wrote:If you see a man with a beard wearing a hat, you might wonder if he was Jewish or if he had a cold head. If he's wearing a yamulke, you're sure he's Jewish.

Ah, but if he's wearing his hair in those noodly ringlets, then he might be Jewish and/or Pastafarian. It's all very confusing. :haha:

But yes, in the eyes of the Great Globular in the Sky, pirate hats and colanders are likely equal. But to the heathen world, colanders are likely to have fewer misconceptions attached.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Lasanius on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:25 am

The German Church of the FSM has a prepared letter you can use to defend your use of a pirate hat only (not a colander!) as religious headgear, in case you run into resistance:

http://pastafari.eu/Propaganda/BestReligKopfbed.pdf

Should they also add the colander there? I searched through the Gospel but couldn't find any reference to either. I know about the colander just from anecdotal evidence, but I wonder what the official stance is?
Lasanius
Ziti Zealot

Postby Cardinal Fang on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Seeing as one of the tenets of Pastafarianism is loose moral standards, I think the official stance would be "go with whatever you feel like"

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Return to All Things FSM