Book Discussion

Any thoughts?

1,521 Responses to “Book Discussion”

1 151 152 153
  1. Rober says:

Jesus Christ instills faith in people without giving them scientific evidence that would force all of us to believe. If you want to know whether or not he is real, just become a Christian and pray for faith – it’s that simple. I was an atheist would once prayed for faith while being highly doubtful and now I’m a Christian because of what Jesus Christ did in my life.

Temporarily setting aside your doubts and praying for faith is easy!!

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Faith is a cop-out.

It takes no strength to put responsibility for everything in the hands of some invisible agent.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Why is god so coy if our eternal souls are at stake? I was a Christian, like many of us here. Instead of praying for faith, we reasoned that Christianity, like other religions, is an illusion.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Rober, Jesus doesn’t do anything; he’s dead.
      Become a Pastafarian, pray for faith and you will discover that the FSM is real!

• Keith says:

Rober: you are only a Christian because that is most likely the dominant theology where you live. What makes your experience any more valid than those people who have become Muslims, Raelians or Buddhists?

• Rev. Wulff says:

Well obviously it’s because they chose the wrong invisible man to pray to and he chose the right one. The bible told him so.

• Zombie Prime says:

Ahh. Faith… The act of believing in something that there is no evidence for and that you deep down really know you shouldn’t. I prefer reality thanks… :)

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

But Zombie Prime: if you have faith, then you can pray, which is the act of doing nothing while telling yourself you are doing something. It’s sort of a self-hypnosis.

2. pasif sohbet says:

gay sohbet cinsel sohbet azgın sohbet pasif sohbet

3. Lee T says:

You have too much time on your hands to be sprouting out this drivel. Get in the real world.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

I am in the real world. I don’t have made-up friends or beliefs so irrational they border on delusion (His Holy Noodliness aside).

I also have no fear of science or reason, as they offer no threat to my world view or morality.

Enjoy your time here, if you let it, it may open your mind.

• Captain Birdseye says:

The real world is that which remains when you give up your delusions, Lee. Get over it and get used to it. The obsessive rituals and monuments of religion are what destroys civilisations – too much time on their hands!

4. Colin says:

Discovering and reading this letter is all I needed to be turned to Pastfarianism! I can now truly understand the meaning of life, creation of the earth and universe, and blind faith. I will ce a true deciple and spread the good word!

5. K says:

Hahaha! You go buddy! I wonder how well this worked? It should, for in America were there is no religious biasses allowed!

6. Steve Freed says:

I’d appreciate it if you could add the actual original date of the letter. I’d like to celebrate the date as New Year’s Day. Or New Spaghetti Day if you prefer. And the even beforehand as New Year’s Eve. If I am not mistaken, we are currently The Year Of Our Flying Spaghetti Monster 10. With the 10th anniversary of the letter fast approaching. My ordinary New Year’s Eve, and/or New Year’s Day, celebration is a winter hike in the mountains. I’d do the same for the FSM NYD.

1 151 152 153

Leave a Reply