Book Discussion

Any thoughts?

1,512 Responses to “Book Discussion”

1. Thierry Papazian says:

This is the dumbest thing I have ever see I hope that all you people who actually believe this is true, find Christ. If not Christ, there are plenty of other wrong ways of thinking that are better than this. Like, evolution, Buddhism, pretty much any other belief system or philosophy. Good day

• Rev. Linguine says:

Thank you for your valuable contribution. I appreciate that you hope the best for me and my fellow worshippers of the carbohydrate-dominated monster in the sky (or whereever). First, evolution is neither a belief system nor philosophy. It is natural science – part of biology / zoology. Apart from that, as Kierkegaard said, each subjectivity (individual) must actively seek his own truth. This I have done and, after considering christianity, buddhism, modern spiritual nonsense, various schools of philosophy, atheism and science (pheew!) I have arrived at what is the truth for me. And that is the Holy Church of Pastafarianism – the most stupid, moronic, ridiculous, silly, hilarious belief system ever invented in human history (or is it ?). Makes me proud.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Prove us wrong then, asshat.

While you’re at it, disprove Thor, Vishnu, Zeus, (personal favourite) Dionysus, etc. Also the Loch Ness Monsters, Elvis living under my bed, or the fact that I have a special belt that prevents tiger attacks.

I’m seriously wondering if the site would be well served by the “about” page being the homepage. It seems to be beyond people to read before they rant.

• Keith says:

Another drive by detractor. He probably won’t read the responses. Incidentally Thierry (if you have bothered to come back), I found Christ. He was standing next to Wally/Waldo so I gave myself two points for that one.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

I found him hanging around Redfern station. At least he claimed to be christ, He had a beard. I never knew the messiah was so smelly, and hadn’t imagined him drinking from a brown bottle hidden stealthily in a paper bag.

• Keith says:

Was he blond and blue eyed like in the pictures?

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Actually he looked closer to what middle-eastern goatherders would’ve looked like. It was Redfern unfortunately…

2. Thierry Papazian says:

Where is the proof that FSM is real? The bible provides us with much scientific foreknowledge such as the existence of cells, blood being important to life, Tele communications, and much more long before anybody discovered it. A passage in the bible even inspired Matthew Fontaine Maury to find the “pathways of the sea” which turned out to be ocean currents, which created Oceanography. This provides the Bible with much more credibility than a man made religion, with a man inspired gospel, with ideas that have no credibility backing them up (for example lack of pirates being the direct cause of global warming). Show me some form of credibility, and I will take back everything I said. Please, by all means, present me with information.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

How about I present you with a proposition?

I propose that you’re an idiot, know disturbingly little about what constitutes evidence, and have, like most of your ilk, utterly missed the point (along with the “about” tab).

Your belief system holds no weight with us. Your buy-bull is NOT evidence, and cherry-picking bits of it to claim that it has scientific merit is just a bit sad.

• Thierry Papazian says:

What I do is a bit sad? I don’t dress up like a pirate to spread a stupid religion, anti intelligent design campaign, or whatever you would call this. And I’ve read the about page 3 times, and I still don’t understand this pile of crap you call Pastafarianism. You are clearly better than me because you can dry hump other gay pirates. Good luck with the rest of your life, and unfortunately, probably hell. And I assure you, there is no stale beer, or std infected strippers in hell, just pain. I’m sorry you have decided to live your life like this.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Dry-humping gay pirates doesn’t make me better than you. Being better than you makes me better than you.

• Keith says:

Do you also subscribe to the puerile claim that the buy-bull describes dinosaurs?

• Thierry Papazian says:

I don’t have any opinions on the description of dinosaurs. I don’t give two shits about dinosaurs.

• Keith says:

Well, if you are going to make absurd claims about the buy-bull being a science book you should also be able to address the other claims: or are you being conveniently selective like so many others who make such claims?

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Theologians of all ilk are very selective when it comes to their scriptures, since their ancestors put great store their personal god being a bad-ass. Yahweh supposedly wiped out 99.99% of humans, and later encouraged the Israelites to do the same, right? Then you have the real weirdos who handle snakes or think god is preoccupied on their head wear or undies.

• Atsap Revol says:

Yea, verily Thierry Papazian, the Holey (full of holes) BuyBull contains a wealth of scientific information. Where else can mathematicians learn that the true value of Pi is 3.000000? Based on your name, I think you will understand the label I assign to your post…SKATA.

Atsap Revol, Skeptic of Skata

Do you seriously think such things as the necessity for blood or ocean currents were unknown before the BuyBull was written?

3. Thierry Papazian says:

I don’t claim creationism to be a science. And I have a question for you, why are you a pastafarian? Because this religion, or anti intelligent design campaign, clearly shows you don’t believe in a creator, which shows me you’re probably an atheist. So why not be one? Its much less ridiculous than this. And if you don’t just support the idea of pastafarianism, but you actually believe in a flying spaghetti monster like some people actually do, I feel sorry for you you freak.

• Keith says:

You didn’t answer my question. I asked you to address the other claims you made. Don’t dodge them: just answer them. You made the claims. The onus is on you to prove them. If you can’t support the claims you initially made then you really aren’t worth taking seriously and I’ll let you get the last word. it should do wonders for your ego.

• Thierry Papazian says:

Don’t worry, it WILL do wonders for my ego. I take pride in beating homosexuals in an argument.

• Rev. Linguine says:

No doubt you take pride in beating homosexuals in general. BTW I fail to see what sexuality has to do with religion.

Homosexuality has a LOT to do with religion, if the child molestation scandals in the Catholic (and other) church is any indication.

• Keith says:

TFTPTM: you may be interested in reading this article. the question of sexual identity regarding child molesters seems a bit more complicated.
          http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Let’s not hold our collective breaths for this pigeon to actually win an argument anytime soon.

• Keith says:

Well, he still didn’t answer my question. Looks as though our chess playing pigeon will resort to the usual tricks. It’s Gib Yug all over again.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

And seriously, what the fuck is with the homophobia? What does someone’s sexuality have to do with their intelligence, and what’s the problem with it anyway? We don’t subscribe to the superstitions of the stupid, so claims that it’s “immoral” or “unnatural” aren’t going to hold any water.

I’m not going to insult homosexuals throughout the universe by suggesting this numpty is in some sort of denial. I just think he’s an ignorant arsehole.

• Rev. Wulff says:

Agreed, Kiwi. As soon as he started the gay bashing, I knew he had nothing.

Keith, I didn’t mean to imply that homosexuals were more likely to be pedophiliacs. I should be more specific in my comments – sorry. I did however, see a study that said seminary students were markedly immature in their sexuality. This would correlate with a penchant for child molestation. The fact – at least in the Catholic church – that priest can not marry would “hide” the fact that gay members are not interested in women. It could be that men interested in little girls would have better access to them by dating or marrying their mothers.

• Keith says:

TFTPTM: That’s OK. I know that you would not have said that: just thought the article may have been of interest to you. I counter your apology by apologising if I gave the impression that you did think that. :-)

• Rev. Linguine says:

Have you heard of humour ? I am only asking because it seems you have not. Why not try some home study, for example this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laughology-Improve-Your-Science-Laughter/dp/1845907922/ref=sr_1_14?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383318855&sr=1-14&keywords=humour+science

• Apprentice Frederic says:

Keith, Rev. L., I do think you’re wasting your time with this guy, although your willingness to tease further stupidity from him is admirable. I can’t resist one more Dorothy Parker quote in support of the “hopeless” view:“You can lead a horticulture, but you can’t make her think.”

• Thierry Papazian says:

You should be thankful I’m here. If it wasn’t for me providing your dull as shit lives with the entertainment of debate, who knows what you’ll be doing right now. But if I had to venture a guess, probably watching anime in your parents basement while stuffing your pig faces with greasy pizza. I’m done here, so go back to your worthless lives where you should just fucking kill yourself. Good luck in hell, I guarantee you I won’t see you there.

• Pasta Farrington says:

True Dat

• SillyKiwiMan says:

I’m having a great time. I love my life. I’m just about to go out and find a pirate, gay or otherwise, to (consensually) dry-hump. You’ve enriched my existence SO much.

Ps. You’re still stupid.

Sorry guys! Guess I touched a nerve. Christians are usually humble, compassionate, and tolerant. LOFLMAO. R’amen.

• Rev. Wulff says:

Frederic, I don’t know how you could type that without a dozen typos from your fingers shaking in laughter.

• Rev. Smee Again says:

Oh brother Thierry, you know, the problem with you and your arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. even if you win, it doesn’t null the fact that you’re still a retard. Pasta and the black stuff is good for you.

• Pete Byrdie says:

That’s a bit harsh! Those paralympians make me look disabled, and I carry furniture for a living. They certainly sprinkle all over someone who thinks a worthwhile God would favour a bitter, hateful bigot who happens to believe in him over some folk who are just having a laugh.

4. Thierry Papazian says:

It’s funny, Pasta, how these people actually think they’re right, or better than us in anyway possible. It’s really pathetic and sad

Thierry, pal, you PROMISED you’d go away!!!!! You’re the best evidence around for most folk’s idea that they’re better than Christians like you, anyway….

5. justin Daniel says:

You sir are a complete and utter genius. I will say that this is a very convincing religion and look forward to meeting you and eventually FSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Kas says:

LMFAO =D This is soo spaghetti awesome !
    maybe i donate and get certified as a Pastafarian minister =P genius.
    Kind Regards – An atheist who belives in Ghost`s and entities. dont get mad, the spirits have been here long before christ and all the others, it where just a dude With a pencil and a piece of paper who was under the influence of mushrooms

7. Alex Pattrson says:

Did you ever receive a reply?

8. SaYKoTRaN says:

Photoshop 7.0 + Carck Photoshop 7.0+Serial.rar

• The Reverend Toni Rigatoni says:

Fantastic! I already have Photoshop 10 but I’ve always wanted a carck!

• Keith says:

Is that a new Pokemon? What are its moves?

Leave a Reply