Book Discussion

Any thoughts?

1,521 Responses to “Book Discussion”

1. Pastar Raga-thony says:

This letter makes all the Appostle Paul’s efforts to the corinthians etc look like letters to santa clause from a 5 year old. I have seen the light, and hereby undertake to adopt the anointed religious dress of pirate outfit, and drink beer every Friday.

2. Hail Hoop says:

Impossible The Church of The Giant jaws ate the Monster long ago as such he is naught but a pile of shit.

• TiltedHorizon says:

What you are describing is Holy Shit. That’s another religion entirely.

3. Alex Amor says:

It’s been a while sin I read or listen to a history as clever or well placed and intended as this one. It remembers me when my grandfather used to say: “Never argue with stupid because they first take you down to their level and then beats you with the experience”. Until I read this letter and everything around the idea, I realized there was another smart form of combating completely unsupported allegations by reducing them to ridicule.

I am now officially a Pastafarian, facebook page status included. You brought me to light with your incredible humor and scientific justice to the overwhelming data supporting the evolution fact (no longer a theory)…

• Keith says:

Welcome aboard Alex. I love the quote from your grandfather: he was spot on.

4. pete says:

I have read this well over 100 times and I keep becoming more jealous that I didn’t think of it first. Bravo!!!!!!! Long live the Pastafarian!!

• Keith says:

Hey , Pete. There is still plenty of room to start your own religion. Lots of people do it!

5. evilwonders says:

I don’t know if someone already said that (I won’t read 142 pages of comments to find out) but I think the more amusing part of this movement is the large amount of Robots (not people) who claim to be “truly offended” because of this website and this church. Perhaps all they read is the Bible, so they ignore there is a huge wold to explore beyond the Bible pages. When they read a myterious book called “Dictionary” they will suddenly find out the meaning of a word: “Sarcasm”.

Obviously what I enjoyed most, was the “Hate-mails”.

6. DG says:

The most brilliant thing I have seen in a long time

7. Mike says:

Thank God for Religion.

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

And thank logic for skepticism.

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

The same religion that you use to prove god exists? If there is a god, and this is what it intended religion to be, I would smack it upside its face and ask it what it was thinking.

8. Willies Wonder says:

I stand confused at two holy front doors,
    is a stripper like Mary a Goddess or Whore.
    Does the priest that abhores me,
    consider me rent
    tithe collected: was my money well spent?
    I stand confused at two holy front doors,
    is a Noodly appendage my dinner.. or More.
    Is the pirate who preaches
    a gift on to me
    or an abberation: at least he was free.
    I stand less confused at two holy front doors,
    While I hold in my hand two tomes full of lore.
    one promises heaven and unlikely rewards,
    one speaks of beer and sailing towards.
    In the end it wont matter, my faith but a seed
    I care for naught.
    I smoke too much weed.
    -Willies Wonder

If only the ship sailed to the endless herb gardens before the beer and the strippers I would yet believe. -RAMEN

Leave a Reply