Book Discussion

Any thoughts?

1,520 Responses to “Book Discussion”

1. Shane Leifer says:

Ooh my Fsm! This is awesome, a religion that actually makes sense to me. Loved the letter. Proud to call myself a pastafarian as of this day and spread his joy. may you all be touched by his noodley appendage. Ramen.

• Keith says:

Arr! Welcome aboard me hearty!

• Go fuck your self says:

This is fucking shit I hare all of this and tell your spagetti god I agree with kirk Bitch

• Keith says:

Learn to spell and learn something about grammar before you post anything again.

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

I am very confused… What does a rabbit have to do with this?

• Thomas L. Nielsen says:

Dear Drained and Washed Clean

Your confusion may stem from the fact that it was “hare”. Not “rabbit”. Two different animals (and the rabbits will kick the stuffing out of you if you get it wrong – they’re a bit sensitive about the whole “slower-than-a-tortoise” thing).

Regards & all,

Thomas L. Nielsen
          Leporidae monitor
          Luxembourg

• Apprentice Frederic says:

Actually, I always thought it was “hairbrained”, but I looked it up in my Webster’s, and it’s “harebrained”…..

• Apprentice Frederic says:

Oh. And there’s a relevant “Knock Knock” joke:
          “Knock, knock!” “Who’s there???” “Argo!” “Argo who????”
          (….and the punchline, although pretty stupid, is clever compared with….)

• Keith says:

Damn right about the rabbits and their kick Thomas. When I was a kid a friend of mine owned a rabbit which kicked a cat to death.

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

Thanks for enlightening me Thomas! I must say though, I would think that hare’s and FSM would be great friends!

2. Captain Jack Sparrow says:

AAAaaaargh…I told everybody that it would heat up if us pirates were not allowed to continue plundering booty and raping women.

• Syphoneira says:

Ummm, it’ll heat up even more if we who are female pirates aren’t not allowed to rape men instead of being not allowed to rape other women…

I believe that FSM is equal opportunity, unlike most religions.

RAmen!

3. Phea says:

“Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into skyscrapers.”

4. Sonwell says:

This is awesome. I love the graph on pirates and global warming.

5. Sam says:

I love this letter. I always read it after trolling around on the religion and spirituality section on yahoo answers.

6. Cole says:

This rocks. Love it.

7. mordred says:

this is a religion we can all belive in.

8. Erik says:

This is a total riot! Pastafarianism, indeed! Thanks (and a tip of my hat) to the author.

Leave a Reply