Book Discussion

Any thoughts?

1,536 Responses to “Book Discussion”

1. catalin R says:

I’m in for this religion!

• Nathaniel T. says:

good, now you must buy your pirate regalia…

• Jackie says:

What the hell are you smoking!?! It’s fricken pasta!! It doesn’t fly or do anything!!! Its made to eat dumb ass!!!

• Danimal says:

Jackie,
        It appears you took the satire at face value. Read a little more before you fly off the handle.
        Danimal

• Keith says:

Made to eat dumb ass? It wasn’t aware that pasta was made for the purpose of eating anything, let alone anything specific like a donkey that is incapable of speech. The application of a simple comma can do much toward making your meaning clear to others.

• Danimal says:

Eats, shoots & leaves.

2. MidgetLover2010 says:

I am very impressed by your theory you should add a point form explination of your main beliefs and short summaries of the text that explains the powers of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. For people that are unaware of the deeper meaning of your religion this would help to further explain The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I enjoyed reading this book discussion. I also believe that your masterpeice would be greatly appreciated if it was in colour.

I like midgets

3. Agustín says:

Haha, I love it. And yes you’re totally right. May his Noddy Hollyness protect you.

4. Coco says:

Are you the prophet of His Noodliness? Are you His only messenger? Are you His sister’s second cousin? I hope that we can finally have someone that makes sense in our chaotic world today. All the explanations that scientists give us are such iffy answers to the world’s greatest problems that it’s getting so confusing. I hope that my world will be enlightened by His Sauciness. I like spaghetti

Ramen.

Confused Coco, from Malta.

5. chris kinslow says:

are you on drugs!? what are you on heroin, cannabis?

• Bryan says:

Oh, Chris, remember, the Flying Spaghetti Monster loves you and always will.

–Bry

• peter says:

are you insane? I think you are.

• Rin says:

everyone is insane in their own way. the world itself is insane. if you are not insane then you are not normal. therefore everyone who is insane is infact normal and everyone who is just ordinary is infact insane as is percieved by this insane world we live in. have a nice day :)

6. Wench Nikkiee says:

“are you on drugs!? what are you on heroin, cannabis?”

Nope…just using the age old opiate of the reality challenged masses…religion!

• Atsap Revol says:

WENCH NIKKIEE,

Welcome back. We’ve missed your posts.

RAmen’
      Atsap Revol

7. Bryan says:

I think this is better than many religions I have tested. And now it’s been several years since I found you and liked you.

But today, I admitted to someone that, in addition to Pastafarianism, I have strong leanings toward toasted garlic bread. CAN this be tolerated?

It’s almost Friday…

–Bry

8. Zuri says:

Are you smoking or something? Or are you just plain stupid? I was a little kid when this IDIOTIC letter was published, and I laughed out loud. You, and anyone deluded enough to listen to you, either needs to get a therapist, or lay off the cigars, vodka, and weed.

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

Shall we again note the use of satire to convey a point. Go ahead. I’ll give you a second to look that one up in the dictionary. While you are doing that contemplate this: “Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus.”
      — Thomas Jefferson

I listened to him, and I am not deluded. The need to see a therapist implies nothing more than one needs to work something out and needs someone to talk to and not that said person is “crazy” (it is people like you who continue the stereotype and keep people from seeking help when they need it by the way). What is the harm in the occasional cigar? It is the little things in life sometimes. Vodka, again, not harmful when done with moderation (or no moderation at all in a place where you don’t have to drive), and a high people tend to be pretty cool and laid back, so not a danger to society. There are mean drunks, but not mean stoners (unless they are already mean, but pot doesn’t cause them to be mean). So, I am failing to see the benefit of non-usage and what any of this has to do with us being stupid or deluded.

You on the other hand believe in talking snakes, a voice that talks to you in your head, flying light and dark creatures, and zombies. Who is deluded?

PS – You are again showing yourself to be disrespectful to us by assuming we are crazy, druggie, alcoholics. When one runs around and says they are just trying to earn respect, one normally doesn’t call those they are trying to get respect from names. Most of us learned that in elementary school, but obviously your maturity level has not risen past that young age. Very sad.

• Zuri says:

I am in elementary school. Last year of it, but elementary school nontheless.

Then you should stay there and not speak of things you don’t know.

• Zuri says:

Being drunk or high triggers stupid behavior.
        To your ‘Who is deluded?’ question: A flying dish of pasta creating the world makes no more, if not less, sense than Christianity does. Heck, it doesn’t make any more sense than Chickenanity.

• Atsap Revol says:

ZURI,

Have you considered worshipping the Farting Chocolate Dude? He brought glad tidings of his powerful ministry to this site some time ago.

Believers get to spend eternity in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

Peace Upon You My Son,
          AR, The Pastafarian Pastor

That is the entire point. Are you a druggie or a drunk? Because if not you have no excuse for your stupid behavior and lack of reasoning skills.

• Kory says:

Hook em young, hook em for life, who doesn’t love Christian brainwashing? Okay hold on guys, this kid is what? 9? maybe 10? Did he really say “lay off the cigars?” May His Noodly Appendage never strike you in your ignorance Zuri.

• Rin says:

i find your relating chickenanity with not making sense very offensive >_<

• Menno says:

This theory is as logical as Christianity and ID: the evidence is purely circumstantial and the ideas are based on what is probably a coincidental relationship between the amount of pirates and the global warming. This religion is even more plausible than Christianity, since it teaches nothing that modern quantum physics say is impossible: high energy fotons, neutrinos and muons can pass through ordinary matter and measurement does alter the value. Furthermore, a meeting of multiple neutrons protons and electrons, possibly caused by fotons, can lead to the existence of a wooded mountain and a midget. True, the odds are long, but if the FSM is a group of fotons, the story is possible.
      IN LAYMAN’S TERMS: light can cause all the events described by the Prophet of the FSM, and this light might even BE the FSM.

So before saying that Pastafarians are crazy, you go look at Christianity, which is much less possible, or the Islam, or Judaism, or Shintoism, or Hindoeism. Those guys could do with a healthy dose of logic and Pastafarianism.

PS: I’m a logic-minded creationist and I support the letter to the Kansas Education Board. I hope they have stopped teaching ID in biology class.

Leave a Reply