The FSM Book

The Gospel of the Flying spaghetti Monster

The Gospel is available for purchase at bookstores now. You can also purchase it online from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or Powell’s.

Review from Scientific American

An elaborate spoof on Intelligent Design, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is neither too elaborate nor too spoofy to succeed in nailing the fallacies of ID. It’s even wackier than Jonathan Swift’s suggestion that the Irish eat their children as a way to keep them from being a burden, and it may offend just as many people, but Henderson, described elsewhere as a 25-year-old “out-of-work physics major,” puts satire to the same serious use that Swift did. Oh, yes, it is very funny.

UPDATE!

quill awards

The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster was nominated for the 2006 Quill Awards in the Humor category! We didn’t win, unfortunately (religious discrimination, maybe), but it is an honor just to have been nominated, etc.  Thanks very much to everyone who voted.

13 Responses to “The FSM Book”

1. Business Items :: 2010 Politics: Week 1 says:

[...] Elsewhere at Fox News, Britt Hume has clarified that he was not proselytizing when he asserted Christianity’s superiority over Buddhism. I’m not making this up. In lieu of a potentially alienating, invective-laden rant, I defer to The Daily Show, which mocked Hume’s position first here and then here. Clearly, Mr. Hume is unaware of the first of the Flying Spaghetti Monster’s 8 ‘I’d Really Rather You Didn’ts:’ “I’d Really Rather You Didn’t Act Like A Sanctimonious, Holier-Than-Thou Ass When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don’e Believe In Me, That’s Okay. Really, I’m Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn’t About Them So Don’t Change The Subject.” (The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster) [...]

2. Lucy says:

What a total “Hoot”,but like all Americans, some like to follow or believe in an all out full blown , spoof , and start a following, may or maynot be something anyone would find a true good following fellowship, but , who can tell; I say….Be small…and follow…or Be Tall and find your own way…… Not for the true of heart …..

3. Emory Hohenstein says:

I like reading articles or blog posts of this nature, topical and also informative blogposts that fit this description are quite elusive, basically assumed I would comment.

4. LOL says:

trololololololol too bad. atheists r nubs cos they don’t believe in the spaghetti monster LOL

• marc says:

i would say they come in second for me i mean they aint fighting against the fsm like everyone who just laughs at us

5. Lilli Mofield says:

Wow, did everyone see those Mardi-gras images in flickr.com? A handful of the stuff is pretty ridiculous, yet seems like a lot of good fun! You actually previously been or intend to head to Mardi Gras?

6. 500th Post Giveaway! | pakos.me says:

[...] first correct answer, gets the one coveted “The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster” that I could afford on the massive budget for the [...]

7. Kicker S12X4 says:

I tried viewing your website with my new iphone 4 and the page layout does not seem to be correct. Might wanna check it out on WAP as well as it seems most mobile phone layouts are not really working with your web site.

8. Does God Exist? - Page 203 says: