Victoria driver’s license

Published February 26th, 2017 by Bobby Henderson

Marcus Bowring out of Victoria, Australia, was successful in getting his Driver’s license photo taken while wearing Pastafarian religious headgear.

marcusID

“I kept the strainer in a bag until it was time to take the photo because I was bit worried that there were a few bigots around that might not accept it,” he said.

“But the young guy that was taking the photo was quite happy. He said something along the lines of ‘respect’ or ‘well done’. He was perfectly fine with it.”

marcusColander

Australians are interesting — the people are clearly enlightened and have a sense of humor but, at the same time, we hear stories of bureaucratic resistance to Pastafarianism coming from Australia more than just about anywhere. I’ve heard of several denied attempts at getting an Australian ID card colander’ed photo. So I was extra pleased to hear that Marcus had pulled it off. Here’s the full article in TheAge about how it went down.

Every small victory adds to the weight of legitimacy. Each wedding officiated by an FSM Minister and each ID photo taken while wearing Pastafarian headgear (and so on) is an implicit acknowledgement by a government worker that Pastafarianism is a bonafide religious organization. Over time, I imagine there will be less resistance to what we’re doing — it’ll become clear that we’re not mocking anyone’s beliefs, only fighting for our own idea of what religion is about, and making a stand against religious inequality.

Also, on the topic of Australia — I want to give props to the Australia Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. This group is incredibly well organized and engaged in promoting Pastafarianism as a legitimate religion — and they are doing amazing things in ongoing court battles. I would urge anyone in the area to check them out and get involved.

fsmaustralialogo

12 Responses to “Victoria driver’s license”

1. Rev KG says:

Congratulations Marcus!!! I’m very happy that our Brother Marcus had a pleasant experience. Often, Pastafarians are looked upon with ridicule and resentment so it’s encouraging to see him treated so well. I would also like to commend the unidentified young man who eagerly took our brother’s photo. Clearly, this young man is an enlightened individual, perhaps a closet Pastafarian himself. May Lord Pasta grace their Pasta bowls with the most flavorful spices and sauces. R’Amen!

2. SillyKiwiMan says:

I (despite my name) live in Australia, and it horrifies me daily how much sway religion, particularly catholicism has here.

3. Gnocchi Saint Pudding says:

Well done Marcus, congratulations! Great news! Go well, brother.

4. Rasputin says:

There’s been a lot of fuss in the press this week about child migrants to Australia. In the fifties and early sixties, it was commonplace for orphans and neglected children to be sent from the UK to Australia. They were to be given a new life in a healthy outdoor environment, away from British slums and squalor. Many of these children were sent to Catholic boarding schools. The children were used as slave labour to build the schools which didn’t yet exist. The children were subjected to severe beatings and rampant sexual abuse. I’ve seen the former children (now mostly in their sixties) crying in TV interviews when recalling their experiences. One former victim said the Catholic Brothers were in “hog heaven” to have so many small children whom they could beat and sexually abuse with complete impunity. The phrase “suffer the little children” comes to mind. The more fervently somebody confirms their religion, the more likely they are to be a bigot, tyrant and child molester. F*ck all the religions of the world. The FSM doesn’t mind me saying so, because He’s too busy getting His noodle sucked by a consenting adult stripper.

5. Captain Birdseye says:

The bishops are getting grilled over their policies, particularly, concealing predatory priests.

• Keith says:

Where I live the local Catholic school had a sign that said “Your children are precious to us.” I haven’t seen it recently.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

I always like the “slow children” signs.

If that’s the case, keep the little shits away from the bloody road then!

• Keith says:

Perhaps outside religious institutions they should have pederastrian crossings. (Yes, I know there is a distinction but I couldn’t resist the joke).

• SillyKiwiMan says:

I like that.

Say what you like about paedophiles, but at least they slow down for school zones!

• Rasputin says:

Hahaha!

6. your ass says:

yesssssssss this happen

7. erdal elma says:

This site blog has got a lot of really useful stuff on it. Thanks for informing me.