The Netherlands recognizes Pastafarianism as an official religion

Published February 1st, 2016 by Bobby Henderson

netherlands2

Great news, The Netherlands has recognized Pastafarianism as an official religion. There are efforts for recognition in a bunch of places — I find it interesting (and telling) the reactions from the various governments. Clearly The Netherlands is a great place.

The Metro has a nice article about the successful Netherlands effort here.

Nice work guys.

netherlands1

246 Responses to “The Netherlands recognizes Pastafarianism as an official religion”

1 12 13 14
  1. mods says:

Wow! At last I got a webpage from where I be capable of genuinely get valuable data concerning my study and knowledge.

2. kata kata mutiara says:

Hi there everyone, it’s my first go to see
    at this site, and paragraph is genuinely fruitful for me, keep
    up posting these types of articles.

3. Informasi Wisata Kuliner Indonesia says:

Hello mates, good article and nice arguments commented here, I am in fact enjoying by these.

4. Apprentice Frederic says:

The banter is usually even more goodnatured, LOL. Welcome!

5. Gnocchi Saint Pudding says:

Dear Captain Birdseye,
    Tolstoy’s War and Peace: I have tried with every fibre of my being to read this book right through. THE EXPERIENCE IS, QUITE SIMPLY, HELL ON EARTH.

I become so bored that my eyelashes have all fallen out and my nose hairs are catching fire. Overnight, my eyebrows have become grey. SO BORED that my one eyelid has developed osteo-arthritis.
    I still have 37,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 pages to read. What would FSM do?

• Captain Birdseye says:

….. The FSM would add the book to His Fuckit List and read the Wikipedia summary.

6. Jim says:

Quem ouve falar no goji berry pela primeira vez
    nem imagina que a frutinha asiática é consumida há milhares de
    anos pelo orientais em países como China, Tibete e Índia. http://purworejokita.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1255

• Keith says:

So what? Fartleberries are universal and are not being sold by rip off merchants like you.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Keith, some brave country, Ecuador, I think, banned all advertising. I wonder how they police their legion of unemployed marketeers wedging spam into every niche of the Internet?

• Keith says:

Cap’n: I daresay the policing authorities are just as corrupt as in any other country.

1 12 13 14