Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day

Published September 19th, 2014 by Bobby Henderson

fsm_girls2

I hope everyone has a great time.

32 Responses to “Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day”

1. Rasputin says:

Dear Crew, subject to your advice, I reckon we should have the FSM being worshipped by a pope, an orthodox Jew and Abu Hamza al Masri. All three of them should be on bended knee. By using Abu Hamza with his hooked hands, we are ensuring that the Muslim cannot be mistaken for their prophet.

2. Saint Gnocchi says:

Dear Sauucerer, Is there a crash course available in How To Talk Pirate? If there is not, that’s just not good enough! How can we send newbies (like me for intance) out to convert the masses to Pastafarianism if we don’t even know beyond the basics like Aaargh and Yarr? And we really have to insist on correct spelling, eg. Yar or Yarr, Aaaaaaargh or Aargh, etc. I’m sorry if I stir up controversy with this, but it’s my obsessive-compulsive Aspergis thing. May our flagons overflow tomorrow and our tankards runneth over.

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Try this. My 5 year old grandson will be over that holiday morning, so I’ll be schoolin’ the landlubber meself! http://www.piratetreasurenow.com/pirate-phrases.htm

• Rasputin says:

Yarr, TFTPTM, ’tis an honour t’ be servin’ with shipmates of thy calibre. Fancy that an’ avast, there be webs and nets for teachin’ people how to speak proper like we do. Yarr!

• The Sauceror says:

Dear St. G, I, too, have some serious spellin’ prob’ms. I’ve discovered that the best way to spell Aaarrgh depends on how many beers I’ve had– one “r” for every beer. Although, it is perfectly fine to exaggerate one way or the other. We’re pirates, after all. We wouldn’t want outsiders to think that we drink much too little. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! — and that’s just breakfast.

3. Saint Gnocchi says:

Yarr Rusputin! Have a superb Pirate Day, and my Birthday Wishes to your little boy. May the little ‘un have loads of fun. May your wife survive the noise of father and son hurtling about the place screaming “Yarr” and Aaaarrrrgggghhhh all day!

• Rasputin says:

Yarr thankee St. G !

• The Sauceror says:

Dear Rasputin, ye lucky dog, ya. I remember when my nephew was that age. He was so fun, intelligent, and interesting. I learned new, exciting things that I never knew before, every day.

……….and then he metamorphosed into a teenager…………

…..or was it a vampire turning? I don’t know. Suddenly, everything fun became “that childish stuff”. I’m guessing that’s because slouching around all day making sure that everyone notices that he is bored is “mature”. I pray to the FSM that your son, who, by his own admission, is smarter than everyone else in the world, will be smart enough to skip over ‘those’ years and become a non-serious pirate as soon as possible. Arrrrrrgh! Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day.

• Rasputin says:

Dear Sauceror, we’ve all done it.

• The Sauceror says:

Not me. I was always a sweet, innocent angel– exactly as I am now.

4. Saint Gnocchi says:

Yarr Pastas, Happy Pirates’ Day me hearties!

• Rasputin says:

Yarr and avast me rascal crew, yarr and doubloons, keelhaulin’ an’ double-loadin’ me cannon, swashin’ me buckle an’ swiggin’ me rum, salted meat and wormy biscuits, buried treasure an’ cutlasses. That be me last entry today, let’s look forward to next year’s Talk Like a Pirate Day. May the FSM bless all our crew. There be nothin’ better than salty semen – er – seamen and wenches. Now eat some pasta, swig some beer and get laid. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!
      (Really, the Divine Bobby deserves our thanks for becoming our prophet and setting up this site. Well Done, Bob.)

5. Kizi says:

Play games flash online from Kizi

• Rasputin says:

Dear Kizi, I’ll give you a flash when I open my raincoat.