The Vancouver pride parade douche was not one of us

Published August 7th, 2014 by Bobby Henderson

This guy, Bill Whatcott,

fatdouche

has nothing to do with the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

We hear he crashed a Vancouver pride parade posing as a member of the Calgary Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and then passed out anti-gay leaflets.

I find it all very sad, and while I hope no one actually believed this douche represents the Church of the FSM, I wonder if there’s anything that can be done to keep him from using our name and symbols in the future.

Here’s an article talking about their antics.

84 Responses to “The Vancouver pride parade douche was not one of us”

1. korean skin care says:

I love what you guys are up too. This sort of clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the wonderful works guys I’ve added you guys to blogroll.

My web page :: korean skin care

2. Laura Braidman says:

Thank you for posting this! I find this so reprehensible, making us look like anti-gay activists.

3. Korky Day says:

I typed in a comment, which took me about 10 minutes, pressed Enter, nothing happened.
    So I pressed Leave a comment, then you erased my comment. Too disgusted to write it again.

• Vasudera Torrent says:

Don’t bother.

• Vasudera Torrent says:

Don’t even bother with it.

4. Rasputin says:

Nasty people have believed in their gods since the beginning of history. The FSM is all loving and, unlike Christianity, there is no place in our church for hateful self-promoting bigots. Bill Wotnot has revealed himself as a hateful and deceitful person. We should all be grateful because it allows decent people to stay away from him.

• Jo Switten says:

His name is an anagram for Tall Bitch Two. He is one of the lovers of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and he was sent to undermine all religions by infiltrating them and afterwards mocking them…

5. M.A.C. says:

If there are any pastafarians in the LGBT community, why on show your pasta/LGBT pride at the next parade near you? What better way to show how accepting pastafarians are then, waving our pirate & rainbow flags side by side.

6. Ingo Buth says:

Maybe a copyright on the churchs name and symbols may help to surpress this kind of brand-piracy.

7. Warpde says:

Some may be misguided.
    But, let us not judge those misgivings.
    He is but an over cooked noodle in the cullender and only seeks to find a firmer
    more appendagy pathway to noodly bliss.
    RAmen.
    Pastor Warpde

8. Azekellon says:

H’wat.

Is this guy REALLY anti-gay? Here, we see him in jean cutoffs, a classic hall mark of the (very) openly gay community and the never-nudes.

• Walkietalkie says:

Bill Whatcott is very anti gay. He has numerous legal issues as as result of his actions (on university campus in Regina, putting anti-gay leaflets in mailboxes of private homes in various communities).

Funny though, he used to be gay.

He is an abomination: spreading hate, judgment, and lies wherever he goes.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Used to be gay?

I loathe the “cure” crowd. For one, it implies that something was wrong to begin with.

There are none with a stronger opinion on something than those who have just discovered or abandoned something. This is closely followed by those denying their true nature.

Yarrgh.

• pastor Bob says:

Ramen!!!! How can you fix something that ain’t broke. My God loves everyone the way nature and he made us. Go ahead and fight Ramen more beer and pasta for us. Good luck fighting nature as well! Both of these are very powerful forces I mean watch nature she will kill you in a heart beat for being silly or misinformed. Ramen might watch in amazement and chuckle! Maybe an old fart like me has to say it again. IF IT AIN’T BROKE DON’T FIX IT! If you want to help Gays at all help them achieve equal rights like like Gay-haters have so they can get married like them. I truly believe Gay-haters are communists that have a secret agenda to undermine our constitution. Maybe Homeland security should investigate them instead of some of the things they’re investigating now. FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION OR GO LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE!!

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Pastor Bob,

Not every member of this church is from the US, and demonising communists helps nobody. Most political systems have equal merit on paper, none of them, however, actually work. I also think you’ll find that most gaycists in politics identify themselves with the right of the political spectrum. Despite their Jesus sounding a lot like one of your “commies”.

Yarrgh

• Captain Birdseye says:

I think Whatcott would describe himself as “used to be gay and is now cured”, suggesting he was defective before but is no longer. Load of bullshit: it seems obvious that he remains gay and has psychological problems. The technical term for what he’s doing is reaction formation. When I hear comments from a gay-hater, I check I have my running shoes on and ask them to tell me about the gay fantasies that they’re having.

• Jo Switten says:

Giving this person too much attention is not a good thing. I truly hope his Holy Noodliness, the Allmighty FSM, makes him a metrosexual so his cutoffs match his would-like-to-be-gay mentality :)