The Vancouver pride parade douche was not one of us

Published August 7th, 2014 by Bobby Henderson

This guy, Bill Whatcott,

has nothing to do with the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

We hear he crashed a Vancouver pride parade posing as a member of the Calgary Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and then passed out anti-gay leaflets.

I find it all very sad, and while I hope no one actually believed this douche represents the Church of the FSM, I wonder if there’s anything that can be done to keep him from using our name and symbols in the future.

Here’s an article talking about their antics.

106 Responses to “The Vancouver pride parade douche was not one of us”

1 4 5 6
  1. Mike says:

What kind of an ass clown hands out antigay leaflets at a pride parade? I hope that not only is he not mistaken for a pastafarian but he is not mistaken for a Canadian. While not all Canadians fit our stereotype this guy is a special type of ass nugget whom I rejecting as being one of us.
    In pasta we trust.

• The Sauceror says:

Dear Mike, it’s entirely unlikely that said douche bag is Canadian. If he were Canadian, he would be out politely thanking everyone at the pride parade for being gay, eh? It’s most likely that some of us Yanks got so sick of him that we sent him up to Alaska to be permanently frozen in a glacier. Somehow, somebody screwed up with the address, and now you’re stuck with the schmuck. For us decent yanks, I would like to apologize for this oversight. It looks like you are stuck with some of our sewer, so do with him what you will, but please don’t send him back. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience. We can’t all be perfect — we’re not the FSM, after all.

• Rasputin says:

Dear Sauceror, you’re right about the “404 errors”. I keep having the same problem. Maybe the FSM is drunk again or our website has picked up some sexually transmitted diseases.

• The Sauceror says:

Dear Rasputin, I think I can blindly accept the idea that the FSM is drunk again (or still). Somehow, that explanation for all the 404’s is quite comforting, as long as it is based entirely on blind faith and blissful ignorance. I wouldn’t think that a true believer would ever resort to observable evidence or testable theories to back up a claim, so from a fellow Pastafarian, it must be FSM’s honest truth. Still, I sometimes wonder if we almost need a prophet with a degree in Physics to purge our website of these sins. As for those magically disappearing posts, I’m just going to say that the FSM liked some of my comments so much, he decided to keep them for himself.

2. Excelsior says:

Pastafarianism is the religion of the FREE and the BRAVE! See how free we are!
    We don’t have to bash our heads on the floor five times a day yelling “allah is Great”!
    We don’t have jehovah sitting with us at the dinner table to make sure that we eat only Kosher food!
    God doesn’t get in bed with us every time we have sex to make sure we don’t use contraceptives!
    Best of all, we can let our own 20th century conscience be our guide and not let a stone-age geek lead us around by the nose!
    Now see how brave we are!
    We aren’t afraid of the Christian Hell! We aren’t afraid of the Muslim Hell! We aren’t afraid of any Hell!
    There isn’t any other religion whose believers can say that!

• Rasputin says:

Hooray! Rejoice! The risen pasta is with us! Yippee! Aaaarrr!

3. Ian says:

No beer volcano or strippers for that guy!

• The Sauceror says:

Not an FSM’s balls chance in hell.

1 4 5 6