The Vancouver pride parade douche was not one of us

Published August 7th, 2014 by Bobby Henderson

This guy, Bill Whatcott,

fatdouche

has nothing to do with the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

We hear he crashed a Vancouver pride parade posing as a member of the Calgary Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and then passed out anti-gay leaflets.

I find it all very sad, and while I hope no one actually believed this douche represents the Church of the FSM, I wonder if there’s anything that can be done to keep him from using our name and symbols in the future.

Here’s an article talking about their antics.

64 Responses to “The Vancouver pride parade douche was not one of us”

1. Ching Shih says:

“Whatcott and four of his conservative evangelical Christian supporters marched in the parade under the banner of the fictitious Calgary Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to distribute anti-gay leaflets disguised as condoms.”

He was not one of us for he is Christian. He does not recognize the Great FSM. Nor does he slightly believes or not believes in it ! He is therefore for me, the first one to be expelled from the FSM church !

• Lizardman says:

Are you guys fucking retarded a fucking spaghetti monster. Please in detail tell me how high the creator of this fucking religion was. And you also had me at ” he’s not one of us ” are you saying there’s more crackhead freaks running around just like you, because if there is we’re all fucked. At least the guy handing out pamphlets at your retarded ass parade was talking about something real and not made up bullshit you call a religion. And yes I am Christian and I am supposed to respect all religions but seriously I’m starting to think this is a fucking joke.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Wow,,

Way to prove our point for us!

1. “I’m starting to think this is a fucking joke”. Well, keep thinking (I know it’s hard for you) and you just might get there.
        2. “At least the guy handing out pamphlets at your retarded ass parade was talking about something real”. Yep, he sure was. Bigotry. He was PROMOTING it, and it wasn’t our parade. See point 1.
        3. “And yes I am a christian and I am supposed to respect other religions”. There we have it: stupidity, pushing hatred instead of tolerance and hypocrisy. The god-botherer trifecta.

Lizardman, please don’t breed.

2. Chainsaw says:

You think all the world’s other religions don’t have this problem already? All you can do, if you own the name, is force a schism – The Foursquare Gospel Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, so to speak. And if you’re following the historical model, the smaller the schism doctrinally, the more hysterical and vicious the expression of it.

As Robert Anton Wilson fictitiously attributed to Aleister Crowley, “I refuse to hold Jesus personally responsible for the religion that’s been foisted on him posthumously.”

3. Lizardman says:

4. NewPasta says:

They’re tainting us! They’re tainting our good,peaceful name!

5. Rasputin says:

The guy’s a w*nk*r. He makes gays, Christians AND Pastafarians look bad. Stop writing about him. Deny him the oxygen of publicity. Ignoring the stupid c*nt will p*ss him off. Don’t complain about the fat sh*t. It makes him happy because he’s the centre of attention. It’s like the episode of the original “Star Trek” in which an evil entity gets aboard the Enterprise and feeds off peoples’ anger and hate. From memory, I think Scotty pumped a drug into the life support system which made the crew happy and joyous. The evil entity couldn’t feed and went away. If the stupid nobody thinks he’s hurt us, he will try something similar again.

6. Marco Esquandolas says:

If the Church of the FSM hasn’t done this already, it needs to trademark the name and logo of FSM. Then it can sue for trademark infringement and unfair competition if something like this happens again. Overview here: http://giocondalaw.blogspot.com/2012/07/can-religious-symbols-be-trademarked.html?m=1.

Trademark lawyers aren’t too expensive and the trademark fee is only a few hundred bucks. Plus maybe you can find a Pastafarian lawyer that needs some pro bono hours…

• Ages AlDente says:

It says something special that copyright law is the best way to deal with this in the USofA. However, I think this is on the money as far as stopping people being douches under our banner (literally or figuratively).