Kiva Team FSM has reached $2 Million in Loans

Published March 24th, 2014 by Bobby Henderson

2million

Team FSM has reached $2 Million in loans on the micro-lending site Kiva. We’re now the top-lending religious congregation on Kiva, above the Buddhists, Catholics, Muslims, and — especially pleasing to me – above the Mormons, who we’ve been in a friendly competition with for years. Congratulations everyone!

suck it, mormons

What is Kiva? Kiva is a platform where you can make small loans to people in poor areas that need help starting small business. We make small, interest-free loans towards the projects we support, and Kiva combines them to fund the loan to the person who wants to build a small workshop, farm, restaurant, fruit stand, etc. These are interest-fee loans in places like Cambodia, Peru, Uganda — places where traditional bank lending to the poor is unavailable (or predatory). Kiva ensures that the loans are paid out and that the money is paid back. A lot of us feel this is the best way of bringing economic growth to the poorest areas.

I’ve had a good experience with Kiva and I encourage anyone interested to check it out. And please join our amazing team and help us continue to trounce the mainstream religion teams.

527 Responses to “Kiva Team FSM has reached $2 Million in Loans”

1. Paula says:

The more educated I got, the more liberal I got. The last church I went to before I quit was the Episcopal church. Interesting to see it the top mainstream Prot denomination.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Education IS the hallmark of liberalism. It’s interesting to note (at least here in ‘Merica) that the majority of those “opposed” to evolution, climate change, etc. are among the least educated. That does not prevent them from taking a couple minutes out of their blue collar day to dismiss the life’s work of 99% of dedicated scientists, however.

• ConservativePastafarian says:

The more education I received, the more conservative I became. It is most unfortunate that words have changed meaning and become emotionally charged in the US, to the point that it is not actually possible, to have a conversation about political or social matters with USA people, any longer.

2. dali rami says:

thats exellent go on …………………………

3. dali rami says:

that’s interesting 2 million dollars !!!!

please visit our website : http://www.sa-rahal.com

4. halter beach dresses says:

Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my
    apple ipad and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she
    can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.

I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it ith someone!

5. Cherie says:

wow!$2 Million!

6. Cherie says:

please, visit dekor-studia.ru, you’ll like it

7. MickyJo says:

Great job reaching $2 mil. Team – Atheists, Agnostics, Skeptics, Freethinkers, Secular Humanists and the Non-Religious have currently raised $15,639,050.00 and is the leader in loans. Let’s join forces!

8. Julius says:

Amazing! Its really amazing article, I have got much clear idea on the topic of from this paragraph.