1941376 Views

Pastafarian minister sworn into office

Published January 6th, 2014 by Bobby Henderson

sworn-in

Encouraging news, reported by The Observer out of Dunkirk, New York:

A unique style of headwear was present during newly-seated Pomfret Town Council member Christopher Schaeffer’s oath of office Thursday afternoon, but it wasn’t intended to keep his head warm.

Schaeffer wore a colander (a strainer typically used to drain water from spaghetti) while Town Clerk Allison Dispense administered the oath of office to him before the board’s reorganizational meeting. When the OBSERVER asked afterward why he wore a colander on his head, Schaeffer said he was a minister with an even more unique organization – the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

This may be the first openly Pastafarian sworn into office. For sure, the first to be sworn in wearing a colander.

I imagine Council member Schaeffer is getting a lot of heat because of the news coverage. Some people will see it as obnoxious or a sign that he’s not taking the oath of office seriously. But I am completely confident that Schaeffer will distinguish himself as a Council member of the highest caliber.

Scaeffer’s statement at the end of the article says it all:

“Mostly, I’m just looking forward to making sure that the town is run smoothly and we meet the needs of all of our citizens,” he said. “If anybody ever has any concerns or questions, I hope they contact me, because I want to make sure that everyone is represented.”

You can read the article here at the Observer.

131 Responses to “Pastafarian minister sworn into office”

1. Rasputin says:

Is the SurfIng Coffee Bean a new deity? What kind of beverage volcano does He provide in heaven?

• Jo Switten says:

This SurfIng Coffee Bean is one of the many false prophets from ancient times. You find a lot of fans of this prophet in the many Starbucks you find all over the world. Their goal is to pollute the seas with their empty cups and thus make it impossible for pirates to sail them! No to coffee! Yes to beer! All hail to His Holy Noodliness!

• Keith says:

There used to be a Gloria Jeans cafe in our local shopping centre. Once they displayed a notice about a “Cycling for Jeebus” event so I stopped going there. Perhaps the Surfing Coffee Bean is associated with Jeebusness and has a relation who also rides a bicycle.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

I boycott Gloria Jeans, as well as Sanitarium, and any other businesses owned by churches who don’t pay tax because they’re delusional.

• Keith says:

It looks like they make contributions to Family First, which is a perfectly good reason to despise them.

2. Lincoln says:

This represents true progress for our Church. I have long prayed for this day. His Noodleness is very pleased to see this.

3. Mike Lorrey says:

I got elected in March to my town’s budget committee. I filed on the last hour of the last day of filing, and when the forces of darkness found out I had filed, they hastily formed a well organized write in campaign to try to defeat me, because they had not thought to run anybody on their side for the office. Fortunately for me, most of their supporters thought their candidate was running for the *school district* budget committee and not the *town* budget committee, wrote their candidate in on the wrong ballot, and their forces were divided leading to my ultimate victory. I did not campaign or put out any signs or anything, while they did. I had not until that point actually seen anybody ever put out campaign signs for a write in candidate before.

4. hidroizolatii terase bloc preturi says:

Just wish to say your aryicle is as surprising. The clarity to your put up is simply eexcellent and i can think you’rean expert oon this subject.
    Fine with your permission alkow me to seize your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a miplion and please keep up the gratifying work.

5. psychopetrovich says:

This is an important step for all Pastafarians in the US, someone in a public eye was courageous enough to not hide his beliefs that obviously differ from the majority. Its a huge step in human rights and freedom of religion in my opinion.

6. because says:

I got real brave and hang in full loads of laundry the same as I did
    with my top loading machine and my surprise the laundry arrived crisp and clean. Restaurant photography
    can be a further specialization where the pictures shot are only used by display in restaurants and cafes.
    F50 error code whirlpool cabrio You can set the temperature
    for high or low heat, according to the form of fabrics you’re drying, and there is a cool down setting
    on the dryer also.

The vehicle detailing systems should also be technologically advanced to
    manage the cleaning jobs of fleets, boats and airplanes.
    It’s very important on the promotion of one’s company through the article.

Academic writing services be counselors who are able to help the students steer
    clear of trouble. In but the, expressing your
    sympathy inside a condolence letter is always appropriate and appreciated.
    Whirlpool cabrio reviews because I always ordered papers in these instances and haven’t experienced any ethical difficulties with that.

Figure out just how much your time is worth and hang up the price accordingly.

7. news says:

Disable it as long as your monitor has a higher frame rate than your gameplay.
    This is really because issues related to lag can drastically
    reduce your enjoyment of winning contests. Ibuypower 5 off coupon The price for this type of coveted membership is under or equal on the price of just a single original PSP game disc.

Thanks to the sport

8. plastykapowiek.blog.pl says:

I’m gone to tell my little brother, that he should also visit this web site on regular basis to get updated from
    latest information.