1192060 Views

Pastafarian minister sworn into office

Published January 6th, 2014 by Bobby Henderson

sworn-in

Encouraging news, reported by The Observer out of Dunkirk, New York:

A unique style of headwear was present during newly-seated Pomfret Town Council member Christopher Schaeffer’s oath of office Thursday afternoon, but it wasn’t intended to keep his head warm.

Schaeffer wore a colander (a strainer typically used to drain water from spaghetti) while Town Clerk Allison Dispense administered the oath of office to him before the board’s reorganizational meeting. When the OBSERVER asked afterward why he wore a colander on his head, Schaeffer said he was a minister with an even more unique organization – the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

This may be the first openly Pastafarian sworn into office. For sure, the first to be sworn in wearing a colander.

I imagine Council member Schaeffer is getting a lot of heat because of the news coverage. Some people will see it as obnoxious or a sign that he’s not taking the oath of office seriously. But I am completely confident that Schaeffer will distinguish himself as a Council member of the highest caliber.

Scaeffer’s statement at the end of the article says it all:

“Mostly, I’m just looking forward to making sure that the town is run smoothly and we meet the needs of all of our citizens,” he said. “If anybody ever has any concerns or questions, I hope they contact me, because I want to make sure that everyone is represented.”

You can read the article here at the Observer.

123 Responses to “Pastafarian minister sworn into office”

1. Saucerer says:

I have a theopastalogical question from Far North Queenland.
    When I presuppose that FSM exists, he instantly also exists for my neighbours (they just don’t know it yet). Thus, when I say to them for the second time, “Aaaarghhh. Do you believe?”, and they tell me to fuck off, may I logically assume that, because they knew FSM and rejected Him, they are apastates? If so, it seems logical to boil them for my sins.

(Do I get a Doctorate of Divinity or Saucery?)

2. Saucerer says:

That should have been Queensland. I also know when to use their, there, they’re, too and to. Don’t American pirates spell?

3. imp source says:

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your website.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant
    for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
    Great work!

4. Steve Sanger says:

Very uplifting,entertaining and thought provoking.I want to convert to pastafarianism as soon as I slake my sudden hunger for spaghetti!

5. Truth Hurts says:

Coincidentally, I was eating a bowl of spaghetti and sausage( yes, that is bad) when I happened upon the story of his swearing into office. I never imagine that I could laugh so hard. You can’t knock the self confidence off that man with a bulldozer.

6. Kyle Cicero says:

Is that mother fucker wearing a god damn strainer on his head???

• Captain Birdseye says:

Yes, Kyle. Well done for observation! Now, for your homework, I suggest you walk into a Catholic church and ask why they are all wearing silly hats and have a body nailed to the wall. Then, try similar in a Sikh temple and report back your results.
      Also, a two thousand word essay explaining your blasphemous suggestions about Adam and your very peculiar homo-theo-sexual fantasies.

Aaaaarghhhh….

• Jo Switten says:

English is not my native language, but I always thought ‘motherfucker’ was one word. Fregula upon y’all, fellow Pasatafarians! :)

• Keith says:

It depends on what part of the world you come from.

• Jo Switten says:

Belgium, land of Waffles, Brussels Sprouts and Chocolate!
          And I meant Pastafarians in my previous post, everyone knows that a Pasatafarian is a member of some occult sect worshipping the red sauce!

• Keith says:

And Hercule Poirot. Good old Brussels Sprouts! If you ever need to clear a room, sprouts, cabbage and beans are the perfect answer! (Actually, I rather like them with beef and batter pudding.) Either Mother Fucker or Motherfucker is fine.

• Jo Switten says:

Try them shredded on a mandoline and then just wok them on a high heat, with some bacon strips! Delicious :)

7. Kyle Cicero says:

And in your little banner the spaghetti monster is reaching for the dudes dick not his hand.

• Rev. Wulff says:

Look! A troll! Anybody got a torch?

• Jo Switten says:

Kyle, do you suffer late at night from homo-erotic fantasies? Don’t be ashamed, we are all Children of His Holy Noodliness :)
      Here you can read more about your desires: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homoeroticism

8. Learn More Here says:

It could be a great and helpful piece of info. My business is happy for you to provided this beneficial facts here. Be sure to keep us current in this way. Thank you for discussing.