FSM Server Needs Home

Published December 23rd, 2013 by Bobby Henderson

server2

I’m looking for a place to co-locate our new server. We need a spot to hold a 1U size chassis, a few IPs, on a fast un-metered connection. I’m hoping to get it settled in the next few weeks. Please contact me if you know of a good deal. Thanks !

18 Responses to “FSM Server Needs Home”

1. Brother Vincentius Exiguus says:

May I humbly suggest using a virtual machine instead of a physical server?

Merry Chrifsmas!

Vincentius

2. Don says:

Beyond suggesting a virtual server, I would take an additional step and suggest a fully hosted service. There are so many different vendors out there offering cloud services the competition is driving the price down. For no more than you would need for this site it would be very economical.

3. Pete Byrdie says:

When this is sorted, will I be able to access the discussion forum again? Because I’ve not been able to for some time.

• Samantha Fain says:

Hi! My husband & I recently purchased a two family flat in South Saint Louis, Missouri. We planned to fix the first floor to rent it out as an apartment. That said, we would gladly allow full use of this floor to the support the FSM religion. The floor currently is unoccupied, with an open floor plan. There are no cabinets, nor household appliances, however all rooms are separate. If this sounds feasible, please contact me via email samibowen@live.com. Have a noodly day!

4. The Dread Pirate "No Beard" says:

Bobby, just sent you an email – I have a friend who can help here in Charleston….

5. Jessica says:

Just sent you an email – many options are available with the place I told you about, including colocation and cloud!

6. Joshua Katz says:

You should ask the owners of ramnode at sales[at]ramnode[.]com

7. Mike says:

I was forced to move my server last June when my ISP stopped offering co-locating services. Went to a virtual host; cost was MUCH lower per month and I’ve got improved up-time and less maintenance to worry about. Drop me an e-mail if you need more info.

8. RaptorJesus says:

Check out digitalocean.com and cloudflare.com (for ddos protection)