Florida Capital approves Pastafarian Holiday display

Published December 22nd, 2013 by Bobby Henderson

Equality

Great news! The Florida Capitol building has endorsed our religion by allowing an FSM Holiday display on its grounds.

The Florida Capitol building just made a move that Sarah Palin is likely to interpret as a hostile affront in the so-called “war on Christmas,” approving a religious statue from the Pastafarian group of their deity the Flying Spaghetti Monster to be included in the Capitol’s holiday displays.

You can read more at Death and Taxes magazine.

32 Responses to “Florida Capital approves Pastafarian Holiday display”

1. domeinnaam check says:

Many thanks for the great writeup. It actually was previously some sort of enjoyment profile the idea. Look difficult to help far added agreeable of your stuff! Mind you, how can we connect?

• Keith says:

You can start by brushing up on your English. (Yes, I know it is spam but I can’t help myself).

2. marco says:

Today it’s a special day, the day when our Lord The Flying Spaghetti Monster resurrected, after being overcooked. Exchange colored meatballs with your friends and proclaim with us this festive message: the Pasta is resurrected!

Buona Pasta a tutti. Happy Paster to everybody,

Marco

• B-rad says:

I this a serious religion?

• Rasputin says:

Dear B-rad, Yes. It’s more sensible that Christianity because it doesn’t have nonsense about people rising from the dead, talking snakes, walking on water or making virgins pregnant.

• Apprentice Frederic says:

Yes, B-rad: we have a Deity, a Prophet, Holy Writ, and a decent set of practical moral principles. One thing we don’t have is a distinguished record of bigotry, intolerance of dissent, and persecution (unto death) of nonbelievers. How about *your* religion, pal?

• Rasputin says:

Dear Apprentice – R’amen! You nailed it bro.

3. Demetra says:

Thanks for every other excellent post. The place else could anybody
    get that kind of information in such an ideal approach of writing?
    I have a presentation next week, and I’m on the
    look for such info.

Have a look at my web site :: her response (Demetra)

4. domain says:

It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I am glad that you simply
    shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this.
    Thanks for sharing.

5. john mann says:

as a Floridian am very proud that of government has seen the pasta light hope other states will follow our lead

6. María says:

Enhorabuena por el artículo. Van a recomendar tu web en http://www.happylowcost.com ¡Muy interesante! Besos.

7. zamira says:

I seriously believe in all this I’m a pastafarian all hail to the flying spaghetti monster

• Saint Gnocchi says:

Dear Zamira, Welcome. May the Flying Spaghetti Monster provide you with many laughs and happynesses, (as He does for me.) I am a new convert and want to tell you that I have found this site a haven. Our church elders (you’ll get to know them – the key active persons who post regularly) are exceedingly witty. I have found, too, that they, when debating serious issues, are intelligent voices – knowleagable and incisive. I enjoy listening to them unpick whatever skewered reasoning crosses their paths. Again, welcome and enjoy the ride Pasta!

• The Sauceror says:

Dear zamira, well, hail yeah! It’s really seriously hard to disbelieve something which is absolutely true, isn’t it? And our religion is truer that true can be. If you don’t believe us, just ask us. We will tell you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth– so help me FSM. To pasta-phrase Saint Gnocchi, welcome and enjoy the pasta ride!

• Keith says:

Yes, welcome to our high carb. religion zamira.

• Rasputin says:

Welcome, Zamira. When two or more are gathered together in His name we say “Aaaarrgghh!”

• The Sauceror says:

Sometimes we say “Argh” just for the hail of it.

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

You’ll get no aaarrrghhhh-ument from me!