Where is the evidence?

Published April 7th, 2013 by Bobby Henderson

Here’s a video that has been making the rounds.   Richard Dawkins shows great patience in interviewing Creationist Wendy Wright.  I find it painful to watch but also fascinating.

425 Responses to “Where is the evidence?”

1. James says:

HOW WRIGHT YOU ARE!

While, as a devoted Pastafarian, I might quibble with Wendy Wright’s particular Creation Story. Even so, I feel much closer to someone who through no fault of their own was merely born into a family with the wrong particular God and Creation Story, than I do with the Godless Atheist Heretics who claim that we all evolved from Nothing? Nothing! (Ha Ha Ha!)

She could have argued strongly that since God planted all the fossils IN THE FIRST PLACE, there was no need to actually GO TO THE MUSEUMS TO SEE THEM ANYWAY.

You have to admire how very extremely sweet and poised she was throughout and her constant smile and the way she chuckles and snickers at Mr. Dawkins (in her righteous contempt).

And then to listen to Mr. Dawkins talking about the beauty of Science. That’s a good one! Beauty!! (Ha Ha Ha!)

All in all, she is a HUGE credit to Team Creationism. Brilliant, the way that she just stays right on message like a laser beam no matter what Mr. Dawkins says or his so-called facts and theories. All I can say is WOW!

These are all devastatingly effective and persuasive tactics to use, and I will try to remember them and put them to good use the next time I have to explain and defend our Pastafarian Creation Story to some similarly ignorant and misguided soul.

I just want to add that careful listeners may detect from his accent that Mr. Dawkins is actually a FOREIGNER–from ENGLAND! Everyone knows that if we wanted to have to listen to this kind of stuff, we would never have had our Founding Fathers write the Declaration of Friggin’ INDEPENDENCE… “We Hold These Truths To Be Self Evident, That We Were Endowed BY OUR CREATOR…” I rest my case. So you can just keep all your Atheist “Science” over there in Europe where it belongs!

USA! USA! USA! [With Vigorous Fist pumping]

• Cap'n Bagel says:

Nay, the keepin o’ t’villainous an’ buffoon’ry o’ t’landlubber Da’win’s retched ignorance shan’t be in thar vast land where piracy be birthed ‘fore it ‘ade it’s ‘ay o’er to thar ‘rribian an’ thar ‘Merica. By ‘is migh’y noodlyness, me would sujest thart it be rather knocked erf thar plank an’, if we be havin’ to put up wit’ it, sent on thar wa’ lower t’thar frozen sea o’ An’arctica. Thart be only my ‘umblest ‘ggestion as a cap’n o’ a might band o’ science crushin’ merrymen. Arrrgh!

• Charlie B says:

James, you poor, misguided fool!

As you indicated, Dawkins is, indeed, English. An excellent and accurate observation which does you credit. But then you go and piss in your own chips by suggesting he is (and I quote) “a foreigner”.

How we laughed!

Stupid boy. The whole point of one Being English is that, clearly, one isn’t Foreign. DO try to keep up.

• James says:

I’ve watched many religious movies, and so I know from their accents that (and Wendy would surely back me up here) Christ and his Apostles are all YANKS!

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

That’s right! Just as Hollywood has taught us that all Romans (Burton, Harrison, Olivier, etc.) spoke with British accents.

• James says:

And it is not just them… Who can forget when Moses himself raises his staff high, and then, after parting the sea, proclaims, in a mighty deep voice without even the slightest hint of an accent, that “YOU WILL HAVE TO PRY THIS STAFF FROM MY COLD DEAD HAND!”?

Except The Life of Brian, which was very blasphemous and I’m pretty sure was not that historically accurate.

Maybe this view is just leftover from the Colonial Era and when the Sun Never Sets, and all that…? But, say, if I need to buy a part for an MG, I can’t just go to NAPA. I have to go to a FOREIGN Auto Parts store. Right there on the big sign overhead. Couldn’t be clearer.

Point is, it’s bad enough to be a Godless Atheist, but to be a FOREIGN GODLESS ATHEIST. Well, sorry, but he’s not fooling anyone!

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Some of the very best pirates (Blackbeard, Francis Drake, Henry Morgan, etc.) were English!

2. suetiggers says:

It’s pretty scary that someone can be such an automaton has this woman clearly is. She has no answers but hides behind a rigid haughtiness. I sent this video around to many people who were extremely angry at her ignorance and arrogance. I think I feel something more like pity. As a mental health therapist, I believe she is deluded beyond belief. (forgive the pun)

3. suetiggers says:

It’s pretty scary that someone can be such an automaton as this woman clearly is. She has no answers but hides behind a rigid, almost fanatic haughtiness. I sent this video around to many people who were extremely angry at her ignorance and arrogance. I think I feel something more like pity. As a mental health therapist, I believe she is deluded beyond belief. (forgive the pun)

• Keith says:

I think she has a weird look in her eyes. Of course, I know we shouldn’t judge by appearances but I wonder if she is on anti depressants?

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Probably could do with being on antipsychotics. When does religious delusion split from the old-fashioned crazy type and magically become acceptable?

4. Atsap Revol says:

Ms. Wright’s stunning defense of Intelligent Design has reaffirmed my faith in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. He in his infinite wisdom planted those fossils to confuse so-called scientists and lead them to believe in evolution. Peace be on Him.

Ramen
    Atsap Revol

• Apprentice Frederic says:

The FSM moves in mysterious ways! I had thought that Ms. Wright might have been planted by the FSM, too. But, if so, you have perceived and demonstrated the beauty and wisdom of His ploy. Our Pastafarian faith is stronger and more resolute than ever. R’Amen!

• Atsap Revol says:

Yes, Apprentice Frederic, there can be no doubt that Ms. Wright is an agent of our Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster. Perhaps an anthropologist will one day unearth the fossil remains of the Original Migit created by our Deity. Shirley that would provide conclusive evidence to support Ms. Wright’s firmly held beliefs.

Rejoice, ye Pastafarians, His amazing wisdom shirley triumphs again. R’Amen.

Atsap Revol

• The Reverend Toni Rigatoni says:

It would indeed provide said proof, but don’t call him shirley! Praise the FSM and Leslie Nielson!

• Rev. Wulff says:

It’s an entirely different kind of proof, altogether.

5. Yo HO Yo HO, A pirates life for me says:

Wendy “Weasel Word” Wright”

6. Matt says:

Is it just me or, does anyone else think the way she keeps bringing up “human should be treated with respect” and “…created by a loving being” simultaneously, is an extremely polite way of saying, “Evolutionist are godless savages”? and that whole “where is the evidence” bit, it’s like she want someone to put a chimp in front of her and make it evolve into a human in a matter of minutes. Heck, I’d bet a doubloon that if we could/did she start ranting the some “loving being” did it.

why can’t god/s work through science,

ramen

7. Zulu says:

Richard Dawkins provides her with information and evidence and also where to see it, read it, and get it.
    But she keeps asking for more, more, MORE specific, detailed, concrete proof for evolution…and yet…and yet…she doesn’t have one iota of evidence for a Creat-TOR.
    Can she provide that, please?
    Where are the bones of Adam and Eve? Where’s Noah’s ark? The tablets? Assumption evidence? Physical evidence of a world-wide flood that killed (almost) everyone? Evidence of New Testament “miracles”. Resurrection evidence? Proof of immaculate conception and perpetual virginity?
    Where?
    Dawkins is supposed to provide her with 100 percent of the proof, and she provides zero percent for her beliefs.
    OH! I forgot. It’s “faith”.
    If Dawkins told her he has “faith” in evolution, then maybe she will consider it?

• Rose:Mother of god daughter of god says:

Scientists have recently decided that if Jesus was real, when they put him in the cave, and rose 3 days later, he wasn’t even dead. It takes a certain amount of time to die while being nailed to a cross. He was very much alive when they took him down and stuck him in the cave, and if he was really, probably brought him back to health.

One more ‘miracle’ shot down. But then, Jesus should never be counted as a miracle. The story of Horus, anyone? (At least I believe it was Horus.)

• Keith says:

I think the first step in speculating about the nature of the resurrection is, as your passing remark in your opening statement hints, to first prove the existence of Jesus. Once that is proven, people can start to argue about his supposed miraculous achievements. The story of gods begetting mortals with divine or semi divine powers is quite common in ancient literature, so take your pick. Horus’ birth was the result of a peculiar form of necrophilia. Jesus’ birth was the result of paedophilia. Both were probably acceptable in their respective cultures.

• TheFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

The Romans were sticklers for keeping records. If Jesus had been the victim of such a brutal crucifixion, why are there no records of such, and no historical records of any kind, aside from the generations-later oral stories which became the New Testament?

• Billy Bones says:

Well, what people keep missing is that, in a sense contrary to that used by the creationists, scientists do also have faith in their results. The question is, just what is meant by that.

There are two definitions of faith (in my Random House Dictionary, anyway). The first definition is that the belief that something is confidence or trust in a person or thing. Only the second definition is belief not based on proof (i. e. “blind faith”).

So, ok, scientists have faith in science but it is the result of experience, religionists start with faith and derive their “truths” from it.

I have faith that the Earth orbits the Sun, a well-founded faith.

• Billy Bones says:

Edit fail, apologies:
        The first definition is “confidence or trust in a person or thing”.

8. TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

“Can she provide that, please?”
    Of course she can’t, Zulu. For thousands of years millions of people have been looking and have not come up with a single shred of proof. And don’t limit yourself to scientific fact – common sense should be enough to rule out every organized religion. Hell exists? The All-Merciful, All-Loving god has an eternal torture chamber?

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

..I forgot to point out that the COFSM is a DISorganized religion, and thus not subject to common sense!