Where is the evidence?

Published April 7th, 2013 by Bobby Henderson

Here’s a video that has been making the rounds.   Richard Dawkins shows great patience in interviewing Creationist Wendy Wright.  I find it painful to watch but also fascinating.

429 Responses to “Where is the evidence?”

1 16 17 18 19 20 24
  1. Paul says:

This is a very educative interview. It shows how most people require believing in a father-like creator to consider moral human behaviour. Not believing in such a mythical personality is probably part of evolution. Mankind is starting to manage morality for its sake and not under the threat of a loving father. We are starting to acknowledge that we are good to others because we like others to be good to us.

• Keith says:

Being confined to one area and being in close proximity to one another is probably the reason for morality: I don’t piss you off, you don’t piss me off is what it boils down to. No god is necessary.

• Tarrachal says:

I agree. I kick you, you kick me. Later on I think, “Gee this hurts, does he hurt like this too?” Then even later, “If I don’t like pain, he must not either. Maybe we shouldn’t hurt one another.”

2. Michal says:

As I see that here there are comments from both creationists and evolutionists I would like to make some small speech. As a scientists I use in this speech phrase we “scientists, evolutionists” and you “creationists”

Each time I am listening to this kind of debate, I am getting frustrated. As a scientist I like clear answers based on some evidence, that strike the point and explain it. The way that creationists answer questions is really embroiled and not straightforward unlike to scientists. Each time this kind of debate takes place, all is discussed about is the evidence that the theory of evolution does or does not exist. Each time creationists will demand to show the evidence and although this prove is shown they neglect it. Moreover they will than answer in the way that for non scientists may have some sense and sound like a proof, however for scientist it will be like spitting in face (ok you gave me the proof but I don’t care and I say something around so it will sound good). This really makes me frustrated.

On the other hand what about creationism evidence! You demand from us so badly to give you an evidence, although we give them each time and you neglect it continuously. Give us your evidence of creationism, any evidence. You do not have evidences! You take a written word hundreds years ago as evidence? Than you interpret it on your way and try to convince that your interpretation is the one and it’s true! Moreover even within your own group of creationists the interpretations are different, so which one is true?? Should be believe that you are the prime human who knows how to correctly interpret it?

Scientist based on evidences will create a theory, that will further face huge critics and many different opinions from other scientists, but if it is logical and explains well the phenomena, obeys some basic rules it may be accepted. But this is not the end of the story! We will further seek for a phenomena that will not obey this new theory to improve the existing one or create a new better one. We are actually continuously challenging our theories to improve them. And what are you seeking for? you accept everything as it is written in bible, without even thinking about different possibility. Moreover you do not want to do it coz it’s written like this in bible, not to doubt in gods word! Once you doubt you will be sinner, therefore the bible imposes you a way of thinking!

I am sure if some creationists read this post, will try to somehow get around the points I addressed so that finally it will sound as a good answer to many people. So than I challenge any creationist to give me simple answers to all the points I addressed if possible with some evidence. And please do not take bible as an evidence since it is not!

I hope, as world education level increases more and more people will challenge their thoughts and seek for meaningful answers rather than accept whatever someone else is saying. And this is not to say stop believing in good, this is to say that there is a border between religion and science. They can both exist in parallel but they should not cross!

• Keith says:

To sum the situation up, scientists observe a phenomenon and try to find ways to explain and demonstrate it. Creationists (and biblical fundamentalists – not necessarily the same people) think they already know the answer and use twisted logic, misidentification, obscure references, misquotations and dishonesty to “prove” their point.

• TheFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Plus, any admission by scientists that they don’t absolutely know or have witnessed any phenomenon is hailed as a victory by the “god-of-the-gaps” crowd, as if their contentions are the only other possibility.

• Ferenst Anrtplogist says:

Michal, you hav maid sum good pionts. Religion and science are lik oil and water. They shud knot be emulsified. I don’t think creationists will be able too give you simple ansers to all the pionts you adressed. You ar indede a Speciale Scientist.

FA

3. purchase garcinia cambogia says:

hey there! , I enjoy a person’s creating hence a lot! portion most of us connect more somewhere around the document about Google? My partner and i call for a practitioner in this space or room to unravel my own dilemma. Perhaps that is definitely you! Looking ahead to view you.

• Keith says:

hey there! , I enjoy a person’s creating hence a lot!
      –Meaning that you spy on people having sex?

portion most of us connect more somewhere around the document about Google?
      –You stick bits of yourself on a search engine?

– I agree that you should call for a practitioner. Steer clear of ECT but keep on the pills.

Perhaps that is definitely you! Looking ahead to view you.
      –I don’t perform on the internet so you’ll just have to book a flight like everyone else.

• Bill T. says:

It’s a SPAM message designed to try to suck people to their b. s. web page, which, actually, I suspect you know. Where’s the “flag as SPAM” button?

• Keith says:

Sometimes I find these spams too irresistible to ignore.

• Captain Birdseye says:

I believe that Chinese people love sweet and sour Spam. Any recipes, Keith? Aaaarghhhh…

• Keith says:

Soak Spam in rice wine, plum sauce and green tea for three days. Drain, heavily salt and wrap in banana leaves. Bury in the back garden for two weeks or until it is unidentifiable. Distribute to various websites.

4. Nude Chat says:

Woah this kind of web site is fantastic i enjoy reading through your site content. Remain the good function! You recognize, loads of people are looking around just for this facts, you’ll be able to encourage them to enormously.

5. Marshall says:

I dislike how she says that theories of evolution have lead to less prominent societies after religion in general has caused some of the most horrible events in human history. The crusades, the holocaust, September eleventh, current disputes in Israel, and exclusions still occurring today. These issues are not because of a religion, they are because of people from different religions feeling that their religion is true so much to not just believe that only they can go to heaven but will kill others because of that thought.

6. Would you like fries with that? says:

This topic can be debated until the cows (both deity created plus endpoint evolutionary ungulates) come home. Ms. Wright alluded to the fact that Darwinism has created harm to people, whereas Creationism & The God Thing has rained down love and benevolence on mankind. My only comment at this time is, I wonder what Miss Wright’s stance on the Crusades is? Tomás de Torquemada was a God fearing man and only did good? And let us not forget that he was a staunch supporter of the Alhambra Decree of 1492. I’m sure that Tomás would be a staunch creationist today. Remember – No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

There are many massacres lost in the history of the Christian Church. In the St. Bartholomew’s Day massacre of August 1572, the Roman Catholic party annihilated between 30,000 and 100,000 Huguenots across France. This was only a portion of the purges performed during the Reformation.

7. Paula says:

“Painful but fascinating”…yeah, her condesension, her stupid laugh, and her hairstyle can all be described like that.

• Paula says:

*condescension, dammit.

8. Mike says:

Did anyone else expect Wendy to reach up, pull off a mask and reveal herself to be Sarah Palin?

• Keith says:

I couldn’t stand two nasty shocks in one session.

1 16 17 18 19 20 24