Where is the evidence?

Published April 7th, 2013 by Bobby Henderson

Here’s a video that has been making the rounds.   Richard Dawkins shows great patience in interviewing Creationist Wendy Wright.  I find it painful to watch but also fascinating.

448 Responses to “Where is the evidence?”

1 8 9 10 11 12 26
  1. Keith says:

Well: that’s what I call “stream of consciousness” writing. People in the ’60s and ’70s used to sell that sort of stuff and call it “poetry”. I have another name for it.

2. Joel says:

You have helped me find my path… Thank you

3. Ray says:

Hawkins fell into the trap. They don’ care about evidences. They just want you to enter into a debate. That’s the end game. Get u to debate them so they can say whatever and get u frustrated.

4. Samuel says:

Am I the only one that cringes when she goes: The Kree-A-Thor?

• Keith says:

I’m not sure about that because I started cringing when I saw the crazy look in her eyes.

5. Max says:

One problem is not defining “science” — the basic notion that you have to have reproducible evidence to back up a claim. People *should* be skeptical of claims. Put-up or shut-up. Demanding proof is simply a way of saying “why should I believe you” — and that’s what science does.

6. Dave says:

I’m one of those who harp about the ad hominen attacks and name calling too often done by defenders of facts and reason. But, after watching how much patience Mr. Dawkins had to use on this woman, I think I need to be a little more flexible on that topic.

• William says:

Is this Dave Briggmann by chance?

7. Keith says:

If you want to see some real bun fights you could do worse than watch “The Atheist Experience” http://www.atheist-experience.com/ . They get all kinds of nutters phoning in and the hosts tend to lose patience after the arguments circle round for the third time. (I can’t reasonably ascribe all of the provocation to the Nutters, though).

8. Dim Duck says:

I found that a difficult viewing. That person should be a politician. Not once did she answer a question, not once did she utter anything other than the official line. Her mind was about as open as a Chinese Parliament.

• Keith says:

And as incomprehensible as a Chinese Puzzle.

1 8 9 10 11 12 26