Where is the evidence?

Published April 7th, 2013 by Bobby Henderson

Here’s a video that has been making the rounds.   Richard Dawkins shows great patience in interviewing Creationist Wendy Wright.  I find it painful to watch but also fascinating.

725 Responses to “Where is the evidence?”

1 33 34 35
  1. Rasputin says:

Here’s a funny story. Please read it to the end.
    In church this morning, my six-year-old son (born 19 September, International Talk Like A Pirate Day) had been biting his fingernails in boredom. He bit the nail on the middle finger of his right hand so that his skin was bleeding. I gave him a Daddy-kiss to make it better, but it continued hurting.
    I told him to clench his fist and extend his middle finger. I told him that on taking communion, he should show it to the vicar and say, “Hey Vicar, can Jesus heal this?”
    In American culture, extending one’s middle finger from a clenched fist is a vulgar gesture. My wife was very annoyed and kicked me again.
    My wife ensured my son was well-behaved and didn’t “give the finger” to the vicar as they took communion.
    All went well until the service was finished. At this church, the vicar always stands at the doorway, shaking every person’s hand as they leave. I don’t want to shake the hand of a f*ckwit who looks like he’s wearing curtains. So I sidled past, holding our umbrella in one hand and a stack of hymn books in the other. Good excuse.
    The vicar extended his hand to my wife. My wife took shook the vicar’s hand.
    Then he offered his hand to my son.
    My son clenched his fist, extended his middle finger and showed it to the vicar. The vicar was non-plussed as my wife and son walked past.
    I didn’t actually see this, I was trying to get out of the church ASAP, but my wife told me about it.
    True story. This all happened at 11.30am today, 10 July. I am SO proud of my son.

• The Sauceror says:

Dear Rasputin, a most excellent story, and you have every right to be proud of your young pirate.

It’s almost tempting to go to a faux church, just so I can sit there and bite my middle finger nail.

2. Saint Gnocchi says:

Dear Rasputinn Lovely contribution. Hilarious and absolutely priceless!
    Perhaps we should considering starting a Pastafarian “10th July Finger Day.”
    We make it an official church ritual that on that day, ALL Pastas should go walkabout in their neighbourhoods, all the while giving the salute at every single church building we might pass?

• The Sauceror says:

As usual, you have a marvelous idea. But, in deference to the young pirate, shouldn’t we also offer a prayer with every salute? I propose “Hey Jesus, heal this”.

• Cap'n Grey Beard says:

We could call it “heal the bird day”.

3. Cap'n Grey Beard says:

Lmao he gave the vicar the bird! Way cool.

But why do you go to church? That’s not cool.

You know it’s BS but you give in to peer pressure? It apears you are being bullied. No one should be bullied.

If you are being bullied, and family can be the biggest bullies, spend the time doing something worthy instead.

Don’t go to church but work the soup kitchen maybe. How can they complain.

I’m getting old now and i can tell you your lfe will never feel whole until you are true to yourself.

I’m not judging you. You have to do what you have do. But one day you will awaken and realise “i’m not taking their shit anymore”. It happened to me. It’s a great feeling when you stand up and say “no more!”. I hope it happens to you sooner rather than later.

May his noodley appendage touch you up!

Ramen

4. auguri di buon compleanno says:

At least you made it to 15 minutes in! I couldn’t watch any longer after 10 min! She kept saying, “But where’s the evidence?” when he was TELLING her it Thanks for providing best information its very helpful for me

1 33 34 35