Where is the evidence?

Published April 7th, 2013 by Bobby Henderson

Here’s a video that has been making the rounds.   Richard Dawkins shows great patience in interviewing Creationist Wendy Wright.  I find it painful to watch but also fascinating.

673 Responses to “Where is the evidence?”

1 31 32 33
  1. Trude says:

She laughs and says over and over “But you know what I go back to..?”, what she means is, “I don’t care what you say, because regardless of any evidence, I will always go back to my bias.”

• Captain Birdseye says:

Trude, a good question for fundies is: ‘What is the benefit of faith?’

2. Saint Gnocchi says:

Dear Trude, Hello, Welcome! You’re so right. This is a typical Christian attitude I come across so often. I think: what boring, irrational, uncompromising, nincompoop set-in-concrete blah brains they have. Meh. It’s tiring. I often just have NO patience to listen to them ranting. But. I suppose we Pastas must soldier on do our job, talk OUR talk. LONG LIVE THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER.

3. Fatter Bastard VC says:

Regarding Creationist ‘evidence’ that Evolution is impossible, specifically, their claim that Information can never increase. Anyone who has ever studied mathematics, will be aware of so-called ‘Emergent Properties’. At its simplest, a tiny algorithm, when iterated, can lead to extraordinary results, such as fractals, Artificial Intelligence and complex systems.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Oh, they use Evolution when it fits their purpose, such as a single pair of dogs from Noah’s Ark magically turn into wolves, jackals, Great Danes, Pomeranians and dogs in a few hundred years. I’ll bet you they’ll claim viruses which appear new to us (AIDS, Legionairres’, SARS, ZIKA, etc.) have always been around.

• Fat Bastard says:

tFtPtM, everyone knows that it’s impossible to repopulate, with diversity and survivability, from two remaining organisms: it needs a minimum gene-pool of several hundred. Didn’t their god already know that and tell Noah?
        I thought the Lenski Affair had knocked bacterial/viral non-evolution on the head. Half of our RNA is viral fragments, like fossils, revealing our ancestor’s infection history.

• The Sauceror says:

Dear Fat B, actually…… aw, never mind. I suddenly had a flash-back to my old Biologist-Atheist religion days. But now I’m over that. I was going to mention elephant seals, sea-otters, a number of butterfly species, as well as a lot of endemics, but you know me: I don’t like to cause trouble. I prefer to just go with the flow.

#FreeFatBastard