Where is the evidence?

Published April 7th, 2013 by Bobby Henderson

Here’s a video that has been making the rounds.   Richard Dawkins shows great patience in interviewing Creationist Wendy Wright.  I find it painful to watch but also fascinating.

460 Responses to “Where is the evidence?”

1 24 25 26
  1. tubexamateur.com says:

Euhhh êteѕ vous sûr de ce que vous nous
    affirmez ??

Feel free to surf tto mmy web site – tubexamateur.com

2. Jim says:

Brutal.
    Absolutely brutal…
    Did not make it past 15min in.

I guess she wants to see a 1/3rd fish, 1/3rd mammal, 1/3rd bird fossil to prove an in-between species…
    It’s sad, it’s frustrating, dangerous, and so much more.

Brutal.

• Sister Fra Diavolo says:

That silly twit wouldn’t believe in evolution, even if one could lay out every fossil of every single creature that has existed since the dawn of time, in order of progression! She clearly has no intention of ever listening to anything that contradicts her “creationist” theory, yet accuses the scientific community of being “closed-minded”? I wonder if she’s involved with that bullshit “Creationist Museum” out in Santee…

• me says:

Of course there are many evolutionary dead-ends, but they serve to bolster one of the evolutionary forces: survival of the fittest, not to repudiate it just because every lead can’t be followed to the present. (If that were true, all those TV detective stories would be a bore.) What many of the religion-based critics seem to imply is that every piece of the puzzle must be identified and placed in its proper place immediately, and if it is later found to actually fit in another spot, the entire model is now tainted. I’d like to see them complete a billion-piece jigsaw puzzle with no indication of what the puzzle represents.

• Joe says:

At least you made it to 15 minutes in! I couldn’t watch any longer after 10 min! She kept saying, “But where’s the evidence?” when he was TELLING her it.

3. Charlie Q. Dage says:

Spot on with this write-up, I honestly feel this web
    site needs a great deal more attention. I’ll probably be
    back again to read more, thanks for the info!

4. review says:

What’s up to all, the contents present at this website are in fact remarkable
    for people experience, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

5. Trevor says:

I couldn’t get through the video, the level of projection, denial, passive aggression and victim playing was just too much and the falsehoods about religion being the only thing giving humanity the capasity for love when in reality, as social creatures, we are all fundamentally capable of love, regardless of religious belief or the lack there of.

• me says:

Here’s the problem: if dogs love, then they have a soul. But how can we prove that only humans have an “eternal” soul? I’d agree that only humans ponder their own creation and demise, and it gets us in a lot of trouble. Chemical and electric stimulants can make temporary or permanent changes to one’s behavior or cause hallucinations that are indistinguishable from fact for the subject. They can also cause coma and brain death without killing the body. Has the soul left, or is it just on vacation?

• Captain Birdseye says:

What’s an ‘eternal soul’, Me?

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

I don’t believe it’s only humans who “ponder their own creation and demise”. Elephants, for example, seem to hold a death ritual for members of their herd who pass away.

6. Gilbo says:

Dawkins: “Where did you study science.” Wright: “Well, see, that’s the issue. Scientists think they’re the only ones who can talk about evolution.” DAMN RIGHT! Scientists develop the theory of evolution based on scientific evidence and rational thought processes. You never studied science, Wendy, and you go around spewing bullcrap about a subject that you know nothing about.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Maybe Ms. Wright (what a misnomer!) should go to medical symposiums and speak – so what if she’s not a doctor?

7. ChrissyMae says:

OUCH!! Oh my! This video is painful to watch. “Where is the evidence?”, she keeps spouting off AS Mr. Dawkins is answering her question. I know people like this: they only search for the evidence that will support what they’ve already made their mind up to be true. Any evidence countering their “truth” is ignored. Mr. Dawkins shows an infinite amount of patience to deal with such narrow-minded insolence and blatant disrespect. This completely counters her points of “respect” and “a better society” which is her flagrant hypocrisy. Unfortunately, this woman is not the only one to think like this. I’m sure Mr. Dawkins encounters this constantly, so the tip of my hat to him.

• Keith says:

I think that as a rule he doesn’t debate creationists because he’d rather have a discussion about science than mythology. I don’t know how that crazy woman slipped through the filter. Perhaps the filter needs changing.

1 24 25 26