He has Risen

Published March 31st, 2013 by Bobby Henderson

image

My friend Gooeld spotted this egg with an uncanny likeness to the FSM.

Because it is Easter, I want to share a link to a debate on “Did Jesus Really Rise From The Dead?” between Michael Horner and Dan Barker.   Horner is Christian scholar and Barker is a reformed Christian preacher and now an atheist activist.  It is an engaging debate and I suspect no matter your beliefs you’ll find reading this time well spent.

Here’s the link:  Did Jesus Really Rise From The Dead?

62 Responses to “He has Risen”

1. The Reverend Toni Rigatoni says:

Thank you for your kind words Atsap. May I welcome you to the clergy and say how pleased I am hear of your ordination; your long and tireless campaigning for the cause puts you in a supreme position to mentor new and indeed all Pastafarians, as you unknowingly did, and do for me. May I take this opportunity to say how proud I am to stand shoulder to shoulder with you and other like minded people, ordained or not, in the seemingly endless fight for rational thought and a secular society.

I can’t end without acknowledging all the fine folks here at the CoFSM for their part in this crusade, Reverend Wulff, Drained, TFTPTM, Keith and many others to numerous to mention, you know who you are. Once again I say how proud I am to be a part of the fight, and a fight it is, a fight that will be won. It’s almost certain that we will not see the victory ourselves but it it is our duty, both here at our church but even more importantly, in our daily lives, to inspire those that follow to take up the challenge and continue when we can no longer do so and have retired to the beer volcano, perhaps even taking some comfort in the thought that we may have played some small part in ridding the world of childish superstition.

May the FSM bless you all.

The Reverend

2. Captain Birdseye says:

Monsignor. I believe elevation to Primate would allow a The and a name change. Possibly, The Primate Pasta Lover? Or, just, The Primate Lover? Of pasta, being obvious. Aaaaaarghhhhh…..

3. Captain Birdseye says:

Monsignor AaaaR, I had previously thought that ecclesiastical titles were absolutely clear, divine and unblemished. Perhaps the title of Primate could be an appropriate, proud and honourable high office for contenders such as Darwin or Dawkins, but, simultaneously, also used pejoratively for unwilling holders such as Ham or Phelps. Context is the secret code! Aaaaaarghhhhh…

• TheFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Or maybe a priest gets the title “Primate” when he’s caught monkeying around with altar boys?

4. Captain Birdseye says:

A myriad perjorative misinterpretations of Primate; I only imagine a slight lowering of knuckles, but, why did they ever invent it as the supreme ecclesiastical position? And how far back is our common ancestor? But ’tis a stately title for a pirate. There is a God! Aaaaarghhhhh…

• Keith says:

Without checking into it, I think our common shared ancestor dates to about 5 million years ago. It’s a bit like asking how long a piece of string is. Contrary to the straw man arguments put forward by creatards evolution is a slow process and no serious biologist claims that an ape suddenly gave birth to a homo sapiens (sapiens). New evidence may well change the current time frame. The term Primate entered church terminology long before it entered biology. Apparently Linnaeus was the first to assign it to apes.

• Captain Birdseye says:

But the evidence speaks for itself: surely lemurs give sudden birth to Creationists, not apes.

• Pete Byrdie says:

I don’t fancy American creationists’ chances of surviving for long naked in the Malagasy rainforests, but I’d be willing to do the experiment if you could round a few up. Perhaps the starving locals could hunt and eat them.

• Keith says:

I think the starving locals might find their taste disagreeable. They are a different breed to C of E missionaries who end up in an iron pot and tell the natives to go easy on the garlic. Is “sanctimonious” a flavour, anyway?

• Captain Birdseye says:

Without personal experience, I imagine sanctimonious would taste like a combination of mothballs and incense: very unpleasant. We throw them overboard when we run out of food. Aaaarghhh….

• Keith says:

Poor sharks…..

5. Captain Birdseye says:

I think the sharks avoid them, as most seem to survive and wash up on distant shores. Like fugu, I believe they contain some sort of poison that has evolved to protect the species. Even the captains of politics may be poisoned if they nibble the wrong parts. Aaaaarghhh…..

• Keith says:

So it is possible that in some circumstances Japanese chefs may be trained to serve them to obscenely rich businessmen? Fundies from different countries of origin may have different flavours. If, like fugu, they can be prepared properly, it may go a long way to saving some whale populations.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Wonderful idea to save whales; I suggest it as a Master Chef challenge; slight problem with ethics and judges.
        I think the brain is the poisonous bit. Aaaaarghhhhh……

• Captain Birdseye says:

I believe that tetrodotoxin turns one into a zombie. Aaaaarghhh….

• Keith says:

Perhaps we can use ninjas as chefs and aliens as judges. Why? Well, we have already managed to get pirates and zombies into this thread, so I feel that ninjas and aliens will round the whole thing off rather nicely.

6. Captain Birdseye says:

Sounds just like my crew! Aaaarghhhhh….

7. http://zofpaqus.tumblr.com/ says:

This is a task you may be able to get some references for so it is a
    good idea to chat to friends and see if they can help you out.
    The advice is free and you pay nothing until your case is aced.

If you are sure and you have made up your mind that you are going to plead
    not guilty but the lawyer has their mind set on a plea bargain, that is not the right
    lawyer to handle your case.