Pennsylvanian Pastafarians fight for Holiday Display

Published November 30th, 2012 by Wayne

Holiday is the most important celebration of the year not only for Pastafarians worldwide but indeed, for everybody. It is the one day of the year where we are all Touched by His Noodly Appendages and we commemorate…well, nothing at all really, but that isn’t the point. Understanding this, the Most Irreverend Minister Tracy McPherson of the Pennsylvanian Pastafarians and her Noodly Flock have come together in request for a display celebrating Holiday.

Here is the link for the original speech given by Tracy:

And the second speech:

Being of course the world’s largest and most prominent non-religion that has a deity who is truly edible and Full of Complex Carbohydrates, there has been much media coverage of the request for Holiday displays:

Unfortunately, the County Commissioners have not been Touched, and the request has been refused. However, the battle for reason continues. Tracy is pushing to get an appearance on the Daily Show with John Stewart, and you can show your support by emailing Guestpitch@thedailyshow.com

Here is an update pasted from Tracy’s facebook page, Evangelical Pastafarianism, on the refusal:

“UPDATE: West Chester, PA – Despite many phone calls and emails of support, as well as statements by Pastafarian supporters for Holiday Tree and from atheist supporters for the Tree of Knowledge, commissioners Farrell and Costello rejected t

he motion to nullify Resolution 58-10 which was passed in 2010 and stops all displays except the Jewish menorah, the Christian nativity, and select “secular” christmas symbols picked by the commissioners such as a wreath, a tree, candy canes, santa, and a choo-choo train.Commissioner Cozzone courageously voted to nullify the resolution in favor of a more inclusive display. We thank her for that. However, since her two colleagues voted against it, the motion did not pass.As your minister, I am now exploring legal options to bring equality to this county. I will post a video of today’s speech as soon as I am able. It included several moving passages from Our Scriptures.”
Thank you Minister Tracy, truly, You are Covered In Sauce, and Have Been Touched By His Noodly Appendages! R’amen!

UPDATE: Pastafarians can also enjoy the feeling of being evangelical by visiting the splinter church at www.evangelicalpasta.com

31 Responses to “Pennsylvanian Pastafarians fight for Holiday Display”

1 2 3
  1. Randy says:

Clearly it is the “will” of the FSM that He hardened the hears of the commissioners. This needs to be fought not only in the media, but in the court of law. It is clear we are being discriminated against. If Minister Tracy would set up a defense fund, as annother Pennsylvania Pastafarian, I would be more than happy to make a donation.

May His Noodly Appendages bless you in your fight!

RAmen!

2. Runiat says:

Spaghetti, Lasagna, Applejuice. RAmen.

• Bob says:

In the name of the meatball, and the noodle, and the Holy Prego….. RAmen

3. stylusmobilus says:

1.For He Cometh, not as a sober, boring bearded old man, 2.but as a Drunken, Lecherous Tentacled Pirate ready to 2a. share your beer and Wenches. 3.And Let the Midgits rejoice, 3a. for He brings some Cake too!

• Atsap Revol says:

Good piont, Stylusmobilus. The reference to Cake should win many converts. For it is said that those who believeth in the Cake shall surely be in paradise with He of the Noodley Appendages.

A Hearty Ramen!
      Atsap

• Specile Sicentis says:

Aye, stylus and Atsap!

Cake is a wonderful thinmg! Be sides P-s-a and chocolate, it is probably the wonderfullest thinmg in the world!

I believeth in the Cake, so much that maybe we should write it publicly as C-k-. Maybe C-o-o-a-e as well!

• The Farting Chocolate Dude says:

Specile Sicentis, you forgot to capitalize Chocolate. He who taketh my Holy Name in vain shall surely not reacheth the Gates of Theobromo Cacao Paradise to dwelleth forever in My aromatic flatulent vapors. Verily, I say unto you that none cometh to my Chocolatey Paradise who hath not accepted my son, Mr. Goodbar, as their personal savior and made the Pilgrimage to Hershey, Pennsylvania.

C-k- is indeed a wonderful manifestation of My Holy Grace and Benevolent Nature, especially C-o-o-a-e C-k-. Eat ye, thereof, abundantly in remembrance of Me. Cling ye to the Holy First Dudism Church and contribute all ye worldly possessions to the Holy Collection Plate.

The F-r-i-g C-o-o-a-e D-d-

• Randy says:

While I KNOW all of you cake and choclate worshipers are committing blasphemy against His noodlyness (praise be unto His Noodly Appendages), I do support your right to your (wrong) religion and I feel you should be able put up a cake and a choclate farting dude in the park. It would look nice next to His Noodlyness, and be more appealing to the eye to all children and those who don’t get a hard-on off of images of torture.

• Ferenst Anrtplogist says:

Randy, you have maid a good piont. I hope that Dudists will kollect monie to construk such a memoreal in the park. As yu may no, I konverted to Christianity along with my frend Specile Sicentis many munths ago. But wee have a very liberal atitood about other religions, even Pastafarianism and Farting Chocolate Dudism.

A bronz statyu of The Dude, patinated brown, with one leg lifted, wud be a marvellus addition to the kollection of imaginary deeitys in the park. Perhaps considerashun shud be given too monumints of the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny az well.

In the spiret of Ecumenical Brotherhood
          Ferenst Anrtplogist

• Atsap Revol says:

I don’t understand those who feel compelled to post their illiterate rambling on this sacred site. Shirley you can find better uses of your time. I hope I’ve made my piont.

Atsap Revol, Keeper of the True Noodley Faith

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Yes, Atsap, you’ve made your point. But don’t call him Shirley.

• Atsap Revol says:

Some people make points, I prefer to make pionts. Shirley you can’t object to that tFtPtM? The whole piont of this site is to express our viewpionts freely, no matter how pionted our statements may be. To institute a set of rules would be piontless, if you get my piont. I guess I didn’t need to piont that out to you, did I?

Atsap Revol, Piontless Pastafarian Pastaor

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Thank you for clearing that up, Atsap. I missed the piont first time around.

4. William J. Polhamus says:

“I think there is a bigger picture and if we truly want to help someone along a path of Reason, it starts with an uncommon level of respect.” ~Bobby Henderson 12/30/2010

I just thought I would repost this Bobby. And remember everyone, it is all fun and games until the sauce is burned…..

Regards,

Minister Bill from West Virginia

5. Kat says:

I believe that no matter what religion or non-religion anyone professes to believe, there should be no discrimination what so ever made against them in any circumstance.

I believe in what the Church of the FSM is trying to do and I applaud it, 100%.

They DESERVE the right to display their Holiday tree just as much as any other religious group.

That’s all.
    I have said my peace.

May you all be covered in sauce and many times blessed by his noodly appendages.

Ramen.

6. KJ says:

He hath shed his sauce for you.

7. Fettuccina Rigatoni says:

“all of you cake and choclate worshipers are committing blasphemy against His noodlyness”

Wait, I’m theologically confused. I had thought that The Chocolate had said: “I am The Way to Gustatory Rapture. No One Comes to the FSM except thru Chocolate”

Am I in doctrinal error?

Also, I need spaghetti ornaments suitable for my lawn. Perhaps the FSM Church can supply those in exchange for a pious offering? It would fill an unmet market need.

8. Chaz Stevens, Genius says:

Local atheist brings Festivus to South Florida.

DEERFIELD BEACH, FL. – December 4, 2012 – After negotiating with elected officials and with help from the ACLU, corruption fighting atheist Chaz Stevens was allowed to install an eight feet tall Festivus pole on town’s main fire station, located on the corner of US1 and Hillsboro Blvd.

Stevens’ Festivis pole is displayed among other holiday exhibits, including a manger and menorah.

Festivus, a secular holiday celebrated on December 23, commemorates the holiday season and avoids wanton commercialism. Festivus became part of worldwide popular culture after being featured on the Seinfeld episode “The Strike” where Frank Costanza noted, “No, instead, there’s a pole. It requires no decoration. I find tinsel distracting … [I]t’s made from aluminum. Very high strength-to-weight ratio.”

With an origin dating back to 1966, the holiday celebration includes practices such as the “Airing of Grievances” and “Feats of Strength”, and the labeling of easily explainable events as “Festivus miracles”.

Stevens’ pole, constructed from 23 Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cans, follows the proud Festivus’ tradition of having a “very high strength-to-weight” ratio, while still be considered “extremely low maintenance.”

Contact:
    Chaz Stevens
    PO Box 1123
    Deerfield Beach, FL 33443
    818-468-5433
    Email: chaz@myactsofsedition.com
    MyActsOfSedition.com

• Brian Fritzen says:

Congratulations, good sir. It is nice to know that there is Festivis, a holiday for the rest of us.

1 2 3