E. Coli resembles the FSM — coincidence?

Published October 3rd, 2012 by Bobby Henderson

e-coli

The attached photo is of a small, hand-held, plush creature meant to represent the bacterium E. Coli. I obtained this little guy at a science fair in Corvallis Oregon. I believe the creature looks a lot like Him and I think that the fact that it was obtained at a science fair is no small coincidence…

Dr. Audrey

47 Responses to “E. Coli resembles the FSM — coincidence?”

1. Louie says:

I totally saw this exact E. coli in a science dean’s office yesterday at Notre Dame and my first thought was, “Is that a football?” Then I told myself, “NO THIS IS FSM!” I just knew.

2. tardopasta says:

Talking about Sightings and Science!!

3. Ramen to us all says:

E. coli is important to our digestive system; without it, we would never be able to digest delicious pasta

• Tomfool says:

All because of the Noodly Goodness of Almighty FSM!
      R’Amen

4. Fatass says:

The pasta gets me horny

• Keith says:

Remarkable!

5. colby says:

Really you follow the belief that a spaghetti creature is the creator? Fuckin idiots on LSD

• Atsap Revol says:

So,Colby, who do you believe created the universe and all of the wonderful things in it? There are at least 3,000 bullshit stories about creation, none of which are valid. Our bullshit story is as good as any other. But see SillyKiwiMan below to get your head screwed on straight about nomenclature.

Atsap Revol, (aka Pope Pastafaria)

6. SillyKiwiMan says:

Indeed. Anyone who believes a spaghetti creature created everything is a fucking idiot. We, however, believe it was the Flying Spaghetti MONSTER.

That’s far more credible than a “creature” or a neurotic, insecure sadist in a dressing gown that nobody’s ever seen.

7. MedusaMaro says:

The FSM-lookalike bacterium can be obtained at giantmicrobes dot com.
    Spaghettipope, that picture is simply amazing. Unlike other deities, the FSM’s existence is easily proven by Science. R’amen.