God particle found

Published July 4th, 2012 by Bobby Henderson

god particle

Physicists at CERN say they’ve found the Higgs Boson.  Not surprising – illustrations of the “God Particle” closely resemble the FSM.

Below are two good articles about the discovery.  Scientists seem to keeping a lid on the FSM connection, for now. Smart.

Engadget — CERN confirms existence of new particle consistent with Higgs boson/

NYTimes — A new particle could be Physicist’s holy graile

[Illustration is from Engadget’s article]

55 Responses to “God particle found”

1 2 3 4
  1. William says:

No doubt it is Him….

2. Josualdo says:

Definitrely noodly.

3. maleberto says:

I can even see several tomato sauce drops all around!

Mmmhhh, this boson is tiny, but it looks delicious…

4. Randy says:

It is time to call this particle what it REALLY is….The FSM Particle! We don’t want the FSM to be mistaken for lesser gods.

5. ali says:

For years people have doubted our faith, we have endured mockery and bad will and now vindication. I am in tears, truly the FSM has revealed himself to us in the most glorious way, he exists in every particle in the universe.
    R’amen.

6. Paul says:

Look, I hate to tell you guys, but that diagram is not the particle. Its a diagram of the paths of particles coming off from the point were the two particles collided. I’m not trying to tell you guys that your religion is wrong or any of that, its just annoys me when someone screws up physics wise (I happen to have an interest in physics). Now, you COULD say that the FSM makes up everything we see, touch, etc because matter is made up of tiny strings (Might he be in several dimensions? And could the things we interpret as strings actually be Him?).

• Paul says:

I noticed that the second sentence I had posted was a bit confusing. The diagram is a picture showing what paths were taken by particles. Said particles were made by a collision of two other particles that were sent around the particle accelerator. Sorry if that second sentence was confusing.

• Former dupe of a more ridiculous religion says:

Of course this isn’t a pic of the Higgs Bosun. It’s the FSM himself, caught in the act of fiddling scientific data. We all know it happens. Here is the absolute proof. His noodly appendages are everywhere.

• Iron Mike says:

You are a party pooper. Don’t give me FACTS. We should be able to ignore the FACTS just like any other religion.

• Brandon says:

Exactly what I was thinking. This is a church website, there is no need for facts here.

• Randy says:

Thats right. Some already question our religious cred since the FSM doesn’t condone torture or wanton acts of hatred and murder, but we would lose all claims to being a real religion if we let pesky facts get in the way of our message.

I for one will accept with blind faith that the new particle is the FSM particle and nothing more or less.

May the FSM “bless” you with many of His particles of beer and strippers!

RAmen!

• Paul says:

Well, you guys seem to take scientific things and use it for evidence of your god. If your going to do that, you have to at least know something about what you are talking about. Otherwise, you just shoudn’t be using it.

• Olio says:

‘Well, you guys seem to take scientific things and use it for evidence of your god.’

I think thats the consensus behind preserving science education and objecting to ID taking its place in the curriculum, if not mistaken.

• TiltedHorizon says:

When it comes to Faith, facts are forked, therefore. Keep your forkin facts, PRAISE BE THE FSM.

• TheAndSuch says:

To be fair. The Higgs-Boson is supposed to look like a string.
        What do strings look like?
        Thats right, noodles.

Not trying to be rude. Just making things a bit clearer and saying that it is still plausible.

• TheAndSuch says:

What I’m trying to say is Paul is right. But it doesn’t disprove the FSM.

Oh and I don’t know why my comment is under Tilted Horizon. No offense to you sir/madam. I’m not too good with these reply buttons.

• HoaiPhai says:

You’re right on the money, Paul. This is an image of the paths of Kapons, i.e. the subatomic particle associated with capers, interacting with each other in a bubble chamber (a vat of superheated salty water with just a splash of olive oil), the exact same environment in which The FSM boiled for our sins. This is a slam-dunk Pastafarianism!

7. Keith says:

I think I can hear Sheldon Cooper screaming that he should have been the one to discover it first.

8. Rightardia says:

Well, the FSM church needs a dpctinal change that allows for a Duality which is similar to the Trinity.

There is the FSM and then there is the FSM’s ghost that is made up of Higg’s bosons.

This way the FSM can be at multiple places at once.

1 2 3 4