We had my daughter baptized for family reasons

Published May 19th, 2012 by Bobby Henderson

We had my daughter baptized for family reasons. My price was that I got to choose the cake.

Submitted by Jeremy, baked by Marie-Eve

50 Responses to “We had my daughter baptized for family reasons”

1. gamekeeper says:

For some strange reason my parents had me Christened ( starting out with such a handicap I have done well) anyway my cake had a Stork on it. What does this mean?
    I love the original posters FSM cake, at least his child will not grow up confused thinking it has to buy a Stork flowers on mothers day.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Gamekeeper, Christianity used to control access to all social facilities, including welfare, relationships and entertainment. It was done to avoid being an outcast. Obviously, you were delivered by a stork and left in the cabbage patch. I suggest a bunch of cabbage flowers on Mother’s Day.

2. Her High-ish Noodlyness says:

I get the FSM on the top, but was the rest of the cake supposed to look like a huge condom or was that just an accident?

On a side note, I was baptized in one Lutheran church, attended a different Lutheran church (with glazed Navajo sand-paintings of Navajo gods around the altar and a pastor that was happy to discuss how many Christian concepts were taken from older religions, like the cult of Mithras). I’m sure I’d still be what I am today (Atheist) without my religious upbringing, but it was nice to have that rather pleasant and fun-loving buffer along the way. To the youth groups of that lovely church: feel free to carry on our tradition of getting kicked out of religious retreats for not being as prudish as the Missouri synod – it’s all about the Rocky Mountains.

• Fat Bastard says:

Rocky Mountain High?

• Rasputin says:

Dear Her High, WELCOME! Please visit us as often as possible. Other people can continue worshipping their false gods, it doesn’t bother us. But PLEASE don’t be an atheist – accept our noodly Lord!