What should we do with our own currency?

Published April 20th, 2012 by Bobby Henderson

noodle_currency

Jerry from VectorGeek made us some FSM money.  Beautiful work!  What should we do with it?

My first thought is something like those propaganda tracts that when folded  appear to be folded money but then you open it and see instead it’s a message how you can be saved.  Like these:

WWJD-- evidently he would leave fake money as a tip some things are better than fake money -- money is one of those things

Obnoxious, yes, but we’ll be doing it in the spirit of polite mockery, so it feels ok to me.  Let’s, please, not leave them as pretend-tips at restaurants.

Good idea or no?  Any other ideas?

83 Responses to “What should we do with our own currency?”

1. Andrew says:

I’m sure this has happened to my fellow Pastafarians.
    But every so often we find ourselves noes to noes in the streets and our doors
    with Jehovah, Mormon, Christian and Catholic Missionaries.
    Now I get the idea that everyone wants to share their ideas/beliefs
    and I’m ok with that.

But it gets old fast.

As a Ordained Minister I always have a piece of our very own
    propaganda on hand to counter said “Missionaries”

These “FSM Fun Bucks” present a simple yet effective way of spreading
    His Word. Every Pastafarian could have a few tucked away inside their wallets
    because you never know when you might need one.
    Plus they would make great labels for my home brewed beer.

• Captain Darkblade says:

Actually that seems like a great idea. I recently made a couple of mormon missionary “friends” who gave me a copy of their bible and I would love to repay them.
      RAmen

2. Omnipotent Zombie says:

I think we should establish an exchange rate as well. Like our religion, it should be pasta based as well. For example; 1 FSM Dollar should equal X pounds of pasta or 1 FSM dollar equals X grams of pasta. Scratch that; just go ahead and stick with SI units for simplicity.

Being the contrarians that we humans are, every country could even have its own exchange rate: bowtie, whole grain, fussili, etc.

Lastly, we could name the study of a pasta-based economy Pasta-nomics, or Pasta-logy, or even Pasta-nomy.

• Apprentice Frederic says:

Omnip. Z: How about pushing even harder? The EU looks like it’s in trouble, maybe we could compete with the EBF and the Euro! Thomas L. Nielsen is already in Luxembourg, maybe he would open the FSMB right across the street….

• Thomas L. Nielsen says:

I’m 100% with you on that! All those Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Luxembourgish, etc. banks need some competition.

In addition to the task of administration of the Holy Currency, the “Holy Bank of the FSM” (HBoFSM) would also be the perfect place to accumulate funds for pirate ship procurement and maintenance.

Investment opportunities would primarily be pasta factories, beer breweries (of which Luxembourg, I’m happy to say, has a fair share – and Belgium is just across the border), wine growers (the Mosel Valley produces some of the finest white wine in the world), stripper academies (for obvious reasons, the HBoFSM would need to monitor this particular investment venue very closely) and budding aerospace companies (because if there’s anything cooler than pirates, it’s Space Pirates).

The HBoFSM would of course also offer such services as safety deposit boxes (for loot – think Gringotts, but larger) and money laundering….I mean investment counseling.

In time, branches would be opened in other suitable locales, the obvious first choices being Tortola, Port au Prince and some of the other Goode Olde Pyrate Hangouts.

Regards & all, and Arrr….

Thomas L. Nielsen
        Technical Investment Counselor
        Holy Bank of the FSM
        Headquarters
        Luxembourg

• Keith says:

Landscaping/ conservation works and genetics would be two more investment opportunities. After all did not the FSM create mountains and “migets”?

3. jackson noodle says:

I may be 13 but financially its a great idea the currency could be the next bench mark currency in wallstreet

4. bureaucrat says:

please say the currency will make it to the Store, as a T-shirt…

5. Ben Peterman says:

Looks like Apple has used the image of the hand of the man touching the spaghetti monster in a pattent!

6. StrangeDaze says:

As far as leaving FSM Money for tips, I think the waitresses at the restaurant next door to my work would actually be quite appreciative – my pirate fish tattoo has already sparked a number of interesting conversations, chances to spread the word (er, the sauce) of Pastafarianism. Anything which keeps their interest and allows for further discussion of the CotFSM is a plus, for I sense that conversion is near for several of them – and the conversion of some heavily-tattooed body-pierced punk girls would please the FSM, I am sure.

• Stephen says:

I am sure he would be very pleased.

7. Pasta Nick says:

Well if Joshua Norton can do it (google him) why can’t we?, I would really quite enjoy having some of our own currency as even just a keepsake, please produce these and we could surely push them as currency. I know the next pirate pub crawl I go on I will enjoy showing them off.

8. younger says:

When some other religious denomination gives us informational hand outs(which we didn’t want or ask for) we would be ready to give them change!Or in the airport we could exchange them for those little Hari Crisco flowers.Or it would be great to send to all those “charities” that send us those unwanted calenders or name labels, or dream catchers!….maybe …a pastafarian casino….someday!