What should we do with our own currency?

Published April 20th, 2012 by Bobby Henderson

noodle_currency

Jerry from VectorGeek made us some FSM money.  Beautiful work!  What should we do with it?

My first thought is something like those propaganda tracts that when folded  appear to be folded money but then you open it and see instead it’s a message how you can be saved.  Like these:

WWJD-- evidently he would leave fake money as a tip some things are better than fake money -- money is one of those things

Obnoxious, yes, but we’ll be doing it in the spirit of polite mockery, so it feels ok to me.  Let’s, please, not leave them as pretend-tips at restaurants.

Good idea or no?  Any other ideas?

85 Responses to “What should we do with our own currency?”

1. Mal says:

I think if we do the Propaganda Tract, we need to be extremely careful about what we put on there. Allowing for some of the more “zealous” views expressed on this site may turn more people off from FSM than it would win over. I feel it would be wise to use the same general guidelines as were in place for the billboard.

2. Jerry says:

I couldn’t agree more Mal. It should be fun and humorous. Poke with a finger not a club I always say.

3. Randy says:

It is only natural the FSM would have His own money so the “saved” will have something to tip with at the Holy Stripper Factory.

4. Matt says:

What ever the money or propaganda materials used we would have to make sure they were non flammable. The other religions may try to burn it in an attempt to insult his Noodleness

• Adam says:

On the other hand, if it’s flammable we could also use it for our sacrificial Boiling of the Noodles.

• Keith says:

Or burning it to provide money for dead Pastafarians to shove into the clothing of strippers in the afterlife.

5. Hans Felsh says:

Sweet zombie Jesus, I want some of those! I already have my Ordination, and I spread the word every chance I get. Now I want the FSM money!

6. Robert G. Volkmann says:

We should treat these as extremely valuable collectible documents and track them by serial number.

7. Metal Head says:

IMO, any bills that seem authentic at first glance, should be “low bills” (esp. $1′s), to keep the disappointment/aggro factor to a minimum. No one cares much about $1, but if someone momentarily thinks they just fell upon a significant windfall, they’re likely to be irked.

• Sean Boyd says:

Especially if they’re good for use at the Stripper Factory. Wouldn’t want to overspend.

8. Olio says:

Use them in the amusement park you were proposing in a prior article. Or in a Monopoly game with the FSM as the theme.

• Metal Head says:

New board game, Pastapoly, complete with Ramen Railroad, Penne Place, Marinara Manor, Alfredo Avenue, and St. Spagetti’s Place. Go to the stale beer volcano. Do not pass heaven; do not collect a clean stripper.

• Keith says:

And instead of “Go to Jail”, we could have “go to church”. After all, they are both places where punishment is uppermost in people’s minds.

• The Reverend Toni Rigatoni says:

‘Go to church, go directly to church, do not pass go(d), place £200 in the collection plate.’

I love the idea, let’s talk to Parker Bros! Some hope as I suspect it’s an American company.

May the Sauce be with you.

The Reverend.

• Stephen says:

That would be awesome. I would buy it.