What should we do with our own currency?

Published April 20th, 2012 by Bobby Henderson

noodle_currency

Jerry from VectorGeek made us some FSM money.  Beautiful work!  What should we do with it?

My first thought is something like those propaganda tracts that when folded  appear to be folded money but then you open it and see instead it’s a message how you can be saved.  Like these:

WWJD-- evidently he would leave fake money as a tip some things are better than fake money -- money is one of those things

Obnoxious, yes, but we’ll be doing it in the spirit of polite mockery, so it feels ok to me.  Let’s, please, not leave them as pretend-tips at restaurants.

Good idea or no?  Any other ideas?

87 Responses to “What should we do with our own currency?”

1 2 3 7
  1. TiltedHorizon says:

I’d love to have some of these tracts for those rare occasions when I go to church (weddings, baptisms, etc) so I can leave it in the collection box they pass around.

2. Andrew Hall says:

I say send them to the Romney campaign as a donation.

3. Leviathan says:

I would not mind passing these out to people on campus at all. I’m sure I could get the Secular Student Alliance to join me as well. Do it!

4. Silenus says:

What would our currency be called? The pastata? The Parmesani? Would fractional denominations, i. e. coins be Ruote?

I think they would make great things to leave along with tips, especially at the Spaghetti Factory.

5. Jerry says:

I think they should be called the “Noodle.” As in “I got yer noodles right her buddy!” I do like the idea of a propaganda tract. That is hilarious …er I mean ingenious.

6. Lo Zeno says:

I second the name “Noodle”.
    You go to the grocery store, buy some pasta, and the clerk says “That’s 5 Noodles, thank you”

What would the currency symbol be? I think a good idea would be something resembling a curved noodle, crossed with an horizontal bar. The easiest thing would be to take the dollar sign ( $ ) and flip it 90° to the right or left.

• Olio says:

Instead of dollar sign a fusilli symbol with a stick of sphaghetti through the middle.

• Adam says:

Take a look at the bottom of the bill. It seems the artist has already deemed the currency to be the “Noodly Appendage”.

• Keith says:

Problem solved “noodley appendage” works for me as a currency.

7. Brian Fritzen says:

Inside it should say something simple like: “There is no god like the Pastafarian God”

• Brian Fritzen says:

Sorry, should have explained more: The Top line in Giant letters states: “There is no god”

Then, at the bottom: “But the Flying Spaghetti Monster”

In the middle: a picture of his noodlyness, though the message needs to be most prominent.

8. Brian Fritzen says:

But honestly, I think the jerks that leave their false god propaganda on the ground like that should be ticketed for littering and promoting littering.

1 2 3 7