Kiva Team FSM is close to 1 Million

Published March 26th, 2012 by Bobby Henderson

As of right now our team is at $970k – please consider joining us if you haven’t already.  We can use all the help we can get.

For those who don’t know, Kiva is a nonprofit micro-lending organization that allows us to lend money to entrepreneurs in developing countries.

Please check it out and consider joining our team (there are now over 3000 of us).  We’re getting *very* close to the $1million mark.

Kiva Team FSM

17 Responses to “Kiva Team FSM is close to 1 Million”

1. Brian Fritzen says:

That is FSMtastic!

Ramen,

Keep up His work.

2. www says:

yes, you will help and reckon you deserve to live the holy FSM right past to Beer Volcano

3. Carol says:

There’s a contest for any Pastafarian member of kiva (new or old, all are welcome to play).

Send a message to Susan, who is one of the Team leaders on kiva for the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, saying what day and hour (Pacific Standard Time) that our Team will hit the Million for the Monster. Your first guess is free.

Additional guesses cost the pledge of a kiva loan card ($25). The winner will get the kiva loan cards from all the losers’ pledges. (If you will, I’ll be one of the losers. But kiva and FSM win all around.)

Contest closes March 31st. Come play!

4. business says:

Sweet learned something newthis week now I’m fulfilled for now. Best Wishes!

5. Shani Bergsma says:

Sweet learned something newnow now I’m set for today. Best Wishes!

6. Metal Head says:

You’re not just supporting the team; you’re making a bigger difference than you might think, in the live(s) of one or more 3rd-worlders. Even $25 is a surprising amount of money in most poor countries. And you get most or all of your money back, within 8-24 months.

7. glengesskahn says:

you are all herertics. there is only one god and that is the great tea pot in the sky and bertrand russell is his prohet

8. glengesskahn says:

your all going to stew in hell

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

And YOU’RE going to stew in illiteracy, Glen. Now go back and correct your spelling for heretics and prophet.

Heresy: Noun:
      Belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (esp. Christian) doctrine.
      Opinion profoundly at odds with what is generally accepted: “cutting capital gains taxes is heresy”.

So, isn’t everyone a heretic of some sort? You couldn’t possibly follow the mandates of every religion at once, could you?
      Just saying “There is one god, Allah, and Mohammed is his prophet” contradicts other faiths, and so would be heresy.

• Keith says:

In addition to TFTPTM’s comments I would point out that Bertrand Russell is a proper noun. His name should be spelled with capital letters.

• Apprentice Frederic says:

(Just to keep in the running in the Horse’s Ass contest) I think I remember something from “Alice in Wonderland” that went kind of like “I am not Alice, and my name is not Alice; ‘Alice” is what my name is called.” I quite agree with the last sentence, but….Bertrand Russell is (or was) a philosopher, not a proper noun. Just kidding.

• Metal Head says:

“So, isn’t everyone a heretic of some sort? ”

Which is why I think that heaven went out business a long time ago: No patrons. I heard that they made it into a parking lot.

• Brian Fritzen says:

Indeed they did, right after they paved it. Now I have a place to park my bike.

• Olio says:

Paved paradise, put up a parking lot.