Touched By An Angelhair

Published December 18th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

holydisplay

Here is a display on the Loudoun County Virginia Court House lawn.

- Rick, Wingrove Leesburg, VA

99 Responses to “Touched By An Angelhair”

1. nun sequitur says:

FYI we SUPPORTED this site VIA a purchase. . .not because we r particularly interestd in the item, but 2 SUPPORT ur efforts. My spousal unit was seriously looking in2 building u a pirate ship or effective facsimile…logistical hinderances aside…& YET u accuse me of sabotage just because i am a mess. THAT is unwarranted…& do not ask whom i m speaking 2, u already know it is not myself…

• TiltedHorizon says:

“do not ask whom i m speaking 2, u already know it is not myself…”

I know you are not “talking to yourself” but this post is not connected to any other using the ‘Reply’ link, hence, you may as well be talking to yourself since the flow of conversation in a nonlinear form.

• nun sequitur says:

That would b because AS i stated, no reply link appears beneath revs post on THIS screen (on my end) & even where there has been, i press it & the post goes ELSEWHERE other than intended, solitary. NOT by my action…tho admit im not always pressing reply, but noting esp when i have, it serves no purpose …& with level of outerference (interference of not my own doing, i.e. we have, had devices hacked 4 example) cannot say it all is perchance; combined with the netiquette errors i make routinely on my own as is, it serves 2 further discredit. …me & nobody else. Capisce?

as 4 some post phil placed elsewhere on boards & i admit 2 lacking the physical OR by extension the mental energy required 2 seek,it out (as i hav eluded 2), i m going 2 reply here (sorry) …that i hardly believe for 1/2 a nanosecond that the paranormal research facilities @ for example, stanford u r staffed by persons whom consider all manner of respondents & study subjects 2 b ‘crazy’ & nor do i even believe the validity of what u posted, otherwise by this definition the warrens would b equally as such for wasting their efforts with persons considered as such…give me just a small break

• nun sequitur says:

My physical pain to me is like my head is stuffed so full of it like cotton i have 2 think thru it & some stuff does not filter right or gets lost- or like having some1 screaming @ high decibels in my ear while am trying 2 think. ..its enough 4 me 2 get the thought out & if i have 2 follow protocols, it will not happen…ill lose the train of thought…however when i DO try 2 follow adequately, refer 2 above…

my spouses relativ bragged he has placed spyware on devices where recipient has environ altered; this kind of thing on this end going on for years. LITERALLY ive had words ADDED to posts when typing in past not added by me- interspersed so i had 2 edit entire paragraphs & forgot what trying 2 say…which prob was the intent…it becomes IMPOSSIBLE for me 2 explain the b.s. on this end…dunno if explained but, tried.

IN too far too much pain 2 b doing this s-t anyway. I m in a tub of hot water (literal…my bathtub) & its not helping. The pain level is outrageous,,,even when its better controlled not easy 4 me 2 focus but this ridiculous.

2. Jeff Wismer says:

For more photos please go to this site: http://www.meetup.com/NOVA-Atheists

3. Jeff Wismer says:

Secular Opponents Of Holiday Displays Get Creative

• Keith says:

Very interesting Jeff. things are much livelier in the US than here in Australia. I wonder if the Sergio Aragones cartoon of a thief dressed as Father Christmas and being beaten up by police outside a primary school has been displayed on a public lawn?

4. Phillip says:

You People are fucking nuts

• Keith says:

Rubbish! I have never engaged in sexual intercourse with nuts and am not currently doing so. Your statement is made without knowing anything of our sexual proclivities or indeed anything about us.

• The Reverend Toni Rigatoni says:

Careful Phillip, one day people will start nutting fucks and you’ll be the first on the list

• TiltedHorizon says:

While I do love Almonds I swear I am not having coitus with them. You must have some really weird fetishes to project such ideas.

• Keith says:

We really need a Sheldon Cooper to reply to these. I can never point out the logical fallacies behind their statements and keep a straight face at the same time.

• Mal says:

Be careful what you wish for

• S.C. - Ph.D. says:

Oh Mal, I think you mean to say, “Be careful for what you wish.” In this ever changing world replete with declining education standards, ending a sentence with a preposition is simply unforgivable.

As for the original comment, I am at a loss as to how to respond to you. I cannot even begin to imagine the difficulties one is sure to encounter when attempting coitus with an indehiscent fruit, assuming of course that one has a reason to do so in the first place. While a human/nut hybrid may have some positive influences for the human race in general, it is a biological impossibility, so any efforts to create such a specimen would be fruitless (heh, fruitless. Even I am humbled by my genius) and should therefore be abandoned for more meaningful pursuits.

• GrammarLesson says:

No, S.C.-Ph.D smartass, what Mal should have said is “Be careful what you wish for, asshole.”

• Keith says:

There is an interesting article on the use of “arse” and “ass” with the occasional nautical reference here http://blogs.crikey.com.au/fullysic/2010/05/06/ass-vs-arse/ Someone who has commented has an avatar which looks suspiciously like a green FSM. At the risk of raising the “True Scotsman” argument I think a true Pastafarian would use “arrse”.

• Mal says:

But GrammarLesson, I haven’t been given a reason to think Keith is an asshole, so why would I say it like that?

• Atsap Revol says:

When criticized for ending his sentences with prepositions, Winston Churchill responded: “This is the type of arrant pedantry up with which I shall not put.”

I think GrammarLesson was surfing on the old joke about the Texas country boy who won a scholarship to Harvard. He is looking for the Harvard library, and he asks an upperclassman, “Can you-all tell me where the library is at?” The upperclassman replies, “At Havahd we do not end our sentences with prepositions.” The Texas boy responds, “Okay, can you-all tell me where the library is at, asshole?”

I will close that note on,
          Atsap Revol

• Mal says:

Ah. Being a Texas country boy myself, I’m surprised that I wasn’t familiar with that joke. I’m a big fan of Churchill though. He’s one of my all-time favorite people.

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Have you been “pecan” in our bedroom windows?

5. TiltedHorizon says:

WOW. What a coincidence, have you met na4tali1a1, I think the two of you would hit it off.