Putting Spaghetti back in the Holidays

Published December 19th, 2011 by Bobby Henderson

treetop

I posted my husband and I’s tree topper on my Facebook account. To my surprise, a devout and particularly humorless Christian liked it. Clearly, His Noodly Appendage touches those who don’t even seek it. May we all receive a generous helping of His slow cooked grace this ChriFSMas season.

Happy Holidays,
- Tiara

147 Responses to “Putting Spaghetti back in the Holidays”

1. nun sequitur says:

& dont blame the fda for not pushing the info further on things…they’re trying. they cannot accomplish what the people do not support. as long as people demand poor food choices, its not like they can pull stuff off the shelves. There’d b riots in the streets. ..over cockacola & pizzahut…opiates for our masses…i grew up in usa with this stuff, im on the same planet, i just would like 2 c some forward progress…we r our environment. sometimes the unseen is very visible.

& speaking of god & the unseen, & stuff, radon is not visible,,,is, tasteless, odorless & can kill u. radon gas. co2 poisoning can, too…(much faster than gluten, which takes years)…we almost died from it, until i argued with roomate to open windows…& then the leak was found. so, b careful with your heating units this season.

2. nun sequitur says:

& cant rule out god entirely. we cannot.
    even if books r wrong.

3. Parmesian Paul III says:

C’mon, for the love of meatballs… “My husband and I’s”??? Really? Has our education system fallen so far that this is accepted as correct grammar?

How ’bout “My husband and my” sheesh.

• Nekumo Guy says:

Stop being an internet troll, you’re doing it wrong. We all know its ‘I’ and not ‘my’.

• Parmesian Paul III says:

Really? So, the first person possessive is “I’s”, and not “my”? Wow, so you would say “I’s Christmas tree ornament….”? Maybe we should stop worrying about creationism being taught in schools and focus on the lack of grammar, starting with you.

• TiltedHorizon says:

Has our society fallen so far that is has become acceptable to trounce on one’s holiday cheer over a simple and meaningless grammatical error?

• Tiara Huckabee says:

If you’re intent on introducing your douchebaggery into such a lighthearted and well-meaning thread, I suggest you find a topic with which you can at least practice what you preach. (Preach, get it… religious idioms… we like to keep things light here). Assuming the “C’mon,” “’bout,” and “sheesh” were used sarcastically to further your point, we’re left with the fact that you suggested I change my version to one that would imply I posted a picture of both my husband and our tree topper. The correct phrase would have been “my husband’s and my.”

Yeah. Merry Chrifsmas. Asshole.

• nun sequitur says:

the photo u post of u & ur husband would it b fully, partially or unclothed? i only posit this less as a query than a warning, because some1 earlier was interested in defrocking nuns …or coming out against frocks , @ least what it came accross as. 2 each schkler own…

• TiltedHorizon says:

“the photo u post of u & ur husband would it b fully, partially or unclothed?”

Eh?

• nun sequitur says:

How about…shush. i advocate 4 that in this case, over sheesh. Not every1 is hip 2 proper grammar. way 2 ignore intended points however, that being your clearly intended goal. 4 ur part…u earned some, give self pat on back. Maybe a gold star on the forehead.

Me’s not hungry right now, but it is time 2 eat, something free of gluten, 2 force down after i use antinausea meds.u may want 2 consider that people r attempting 2 b helpful & prevent suffering for others, but u just keep up with grammar policing activity, & consider it 1 of ur strong points.

• nun sequitur says:

promoting alternative ornaments to traditional standard ones is COMFORTING to a good many people tired of the status quo or harmed, by it…

& promoting creativity is spirit enhancing= helpful.

sheesh is technically not a word, it is an utterance which made its way into the dictionary.
        so, would probably shush…b as well.

4. TiltedHorizon says:

What a wonderful tribute to our Noodliness.

5. nun sequitur says:

AS usual, there appears NO reply option on the screen as displayed here. I m going 2 take a screenshot of it using another device just to prove mine eyes r not deceiving me. IN reply to TILTED HORIZON, abov (caps lockd): ‘eh’? read the REST of the sentence…it was referring 2 phil having posted, prior (above in thread) some things regarding nuns dress codes, covering 99% etc…i was being facetious or whatever the appropos term is, was not interested in having any1 post any pics, it was taking part of statement out of context intentionally 2 make a pt regarding prior referrence…i.e. a joke. Prob just forget it…

• TiltedHorizon says:

Ah…. I think I see what is happening, this forum format only supports three tiers of replies so once you are on the third tier you need to use the reply option directly over, instead of under, the post you wish to respond to. While not ideal this would keep the responses grouped together within the same tier at which point you can simply address the person of interest using their name or @Name.

6. Susanne says:

Hi all,
    I am an editor and writing about christmas rituals. I would like to know how pastafarians celebrate christmas – not at all? Drinking lots of beer and wine? Having fun hanging out with their friends and eating pasta?

Give me a reply, and you’ll save tomorrow’s edition of our newspaper.

Best wishes
    Susanne

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Seeing as how most of my family are Christians (although most of them don’t take it too seriously), I celebrate it with them, focusing on family rather than any religious myths.

• nun sequitur says:

Tftptm:

most reasonable & most welcome response

• nun sequitur says:

If only all of the people targeting moi 4 conversion over th years understood this concept id hav been most grateful

• nun sequitur says:

FYI it was not any fundamentalist whom harrassed me @ my job, it was not a fundamentalist whom lied about me…the people whom came by my house uninvited trying to, ,,whom were also spreading false rumors about me as it turns out…they were ‘nice’ enough & i didnt ask if they were christians, they volunteered it after asking into my background..& i think many myths serve a purpose. I do not discount all i was taught, nor discard my background as pointless. ..i have 2 wonder y all the WE dont do THAT. ..we r good, we r not fanatical…NEITHER were th peopl harassing me, creating issues, gossiping, all while implying my background is without meaning. What it means is none any1 elses business. i never invited any of it, asked what role i play due 2 affiliation in this, that, other prophecy. I appreciate the rabbis i had. As 4 god, im alowed 2 not b certain, what this precisely IS…& was taught, as much.

• nun sequitur says:

some1 just proposed god is a kid & we r ant farm? …thinks it was from a movie.

• TiltedHorizon says:

We, as in my family and I, celebrate the Christmas tradition, with all the typical non-religious themes, that is Santa, stockings on the fireplace, a huge and ornately decorated tree with dozens of gifts lovingly wrapped at the foundation. This year the celebration is at my house, the entire family is coming, I have a 10 pound roast on the menu, two 9 pound pork shoulders (pernil), 12 pounds of chicken breasts, rice, beans, and most importantly, PASTA.

For xians, Christmas is about christ, for me it is about family and celebrating the bonds which give life meaning.

• stylusmobilus says:

My family celebrates it with zest and vigour, in the same fashion as tFtPtM. We really look forward to it. I work away from home so it’s good to get together and especially rewarding to watch the kids unwrap their presents.

• nun sequitur says:

4 the ‘holidays’, we don8d 2 area people shelter,a human rights organisation,,an animal rescue, a health awareness group & a civil rights organization…i m entirely 2 miserable 2 particip8 in any festive proceedings & @ least as small as the largest don8n i ever made goes, it may actually serve some1…

• nun sequitur says:

p.s. if any1 is interested in don8ng anything anywhere anytime, please consider becoming an ORGAN DONOR..that is listing as a potential, not becoming an immediate candid8 for donation…

depending on level of consumption of stated products on this site, this may rule out a liver or 3, but thought it worthwhile 2 suggest…

7. Touched by an alien says:

I think they should have the FSM as the baby in their nativity scene.
    From Keep-it-Wierd in Portland.

• nun sequitur says:

simple. what r u waiting, for…march over & place a manifestation right on top of any figurine babes u come accross. ..however then a newspaper article will claim this is a defacemnt instead of a correction. nevermind.

• nun sequitur says:

I do not know that it isnt a correction…it may not b 2 me. I do not worship spaghetti. I already shared y.

8. stylusmobilus says:

Awesome decoration. Wish I’d thought of it. Ramen, and May Sauce Be With You!!